Oracle/AAC Headlight and Fog Light SMD Halo's!! - TundraTalk.net - Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum
TundraTalk.net now has a Photo Gallery available to all users. Upload your photos today!
Toyota Tundra Header Background Toyota Tundra Header Right
HomeForumGalleryClassifiedsAbout UsAdvertiseContact Us

Go Back   TundraTalk.net - Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum > Tundra Discussion > Tundra Lighting/Electrical
Register Home Forums Active Topics Photo Gallery Gameroom Auto Loans Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

TundraTalk.net is the premier Toyota Tundra Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-21-2011, 01:38 AM   #1 (permalink)

Oracle/AAC Headlight and Fog Light SMD Halo's!!

Oracle/Advanced Automotive Concepts SMD Halo's on my 2008 Toyota Tundra
Shout out to Jonathan over at AAC! Thanks again man!

So this is one of the many projects I've been working on for my truck.
Ever since I've seen these new SMD Halo's at SEMA, shows, magazines, the internet or whatever... I just had to have them. They are bright ass hell in the day and at night! Definitely the best lighting product you can find out there today. I didnt work too hard on the DIY and I didnt take very many pix cause I was too concentrated on doing this right... I would recommend shipping your lights out though cause the install is a little tricky... But I got it done =] Ill be honest, it wasnt the cleanest install ive done but since these look so bad ass on and installed it makes up for my install work lol.

Anyways here are some pix and vids.
Installed and testing them out again before I bolt everything back in.
*note, they do not go in a circle motion like they do in the video. Thats just how my camera picked up the images. would be cool though! lol Oh and dont mind the grille, guns are just off getting painted =] lol

Check out how bright they are in the day! Messing around with the Multifunction controller.

And here they are at night. CRAZY BRIGHT!!!

I started with the foglights since you have to cut these open. I wanted to start with the hardest first. The headlights I thought would be easy since I do BHLM's on the side for extra cash lol. (I kinda thought wrong...)
If you havent or dont know how to take your fog lights out, its easy. I just looked up fog light installation since there is no fog light removal thread and I just reversed the process haha.

This is what were working with right now.
Fog Light, SMD Halo, Adhesive, and Clear Automotive Sealer.

So, they recommend using a band saw since it will give you a much cleaner cut. I did use a band saw, but I only cut till I got close to the housing edge. If I were to have gone all the way through you would cut the housing edge off... It really wouldnt be that bad or cause problems cause you would still be able to seal the lens back on, I just didnt want to cut it all the way off.
Anyways, after I cut along the perimeter of the fog light, I went back with a little hand saw and cut any left over glue that was still holding the lens onto the housing. This worked perfectly since the hand saw couldnt cut the housing.

Now you should have your lens off like so.

Here is the edge I was referring to not cut off.

Now you want to clean out the inside of the fog light making sure there is no dirt or glue from cutting left inside. Just be careful not to scratch the chrome or the inside of the lens...

Find this small hole that is already in the fog light housing and feed your black and red wires through.

Now that you have your wires through, you can remove the plastic liner from the back of the SMD Halo to apply the preapplied 3M Adhesive. All the SMD Halos have 3M adhesive already so you technically dont need any other adhesive, but its always good to play safe and use extra.

Push down evenly around the edges of the halo to get the adhesive to stick to the housing. Make sure it is perfectly lined up along the edges. The fog light housing is kind of wavy shaped around the inside edges so not all parts of the halo will be touching to stick good enough to the housing. This is why its good to have extra adhesive.
I used a q-tip to apply the adhesive to the back of the halo to the housing, being careful not to use too much to make drying time faster and to avoid making a mess in the housing.
Once you get your halo ring set in place you can now place your lens back on with the clear silicone automotive sealer you have. Tape the lens to the housing and let these dry for a good time. Nows a good time to work on your headlights!

Refer to headlight removal from BHLM threads and do the BHLM while you have these open.
For the headlight SMD Halos, your going to need to place the halos in where they will be going and mark the spot where you need to drill a hole. yes you will need to drill holes for each end of the open halo rings. These halo rings are longer then they need to be causin the halo to not sit properly in place lined up with the designated opening. This has been talked about in other threads but the mod is still well worth it!
After you mark your spots drill holes big enough for the halo to slide in on both ends so your ring now matches perfectly with the perimeter of the headlight opening.

You will then have this once you get both halo rings mounted.

The SMD halos for the headlights also have the 3M adhesive. I just used those on here since the 3M had more surface to stick to then the fog lights did.
Now before you seal the lights up, you want to double check that they all work.
Seal your lights up, let them sit for a while allowing for your 3M and adhesive dry and then put them back in the oven to get a good seal on your lights.

I wired my lights to their Multi Function controller box with remote, I wont go into that wiring unless you guys want me to. Otherwise, these lights do come with a toggle switch you can wire them to. I love my Multi Funtion Controller! Its a must if you buy some lights from these guys!

Enjoy! Sorry for the half fast write up...
I will probably redo and touch it up later on when I have more time...

Las Vegas Tundras @ Facebook.com!!
#Follow me on Instagram @Ninja_Eds_Tundra
Ninja Eds Build Page!!

Last edited by Ninja Ed; 02-21-2011 at 01:42 AM.
Ninja Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ninja Ed For This Useful Post:
BamaTundraGuy (03-25-2011), Doc082 (07-17-2011), EBTundra (02-21-2011)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-21-2011, 02:50 AM   #2 (permalink)

looks good, im throwing around the idea of doing HID's next, how do you like your 35W lights, if you had to do it again, would u go with 55W or stay at 35W?

ReadyLift SST 3/1, Viper 5901 Remote Start Alarm,
Flowmaster Super 50 (SUV), Undercover Tonneau Cover,
BHLM, Tow Mirrors swap, Volant CAI, TRD Skid
Wanted: XD Monsters/Nitto Trail Grapplers, Icon Stage 5 (eventually)
FailedAngrMgmt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to FailedAngrMgmt For This Useful Post:
Ninja Ed (02-21-2011)
Old 02-21-2011, 09:32 AM   #3 (permalink)
Premium Member

Thanked 1,944 Times in 1,206 Posts
Looks sweet as heck man! Glad to see someone moddin' it up! I really need to get my fogs done! Maybe I can send them to you? I have the CCFL halos..I was thinking of going with the LED, but like the cleaner look of the thin CCFL ones.

That remote is cool too..I was just counting my remotes for my truck and I have right at (8) different remotes! LOL So I do not need another one!

"They Were Just Jealous That My Tundra Pulled More Kitties Than A Bowl Of Milk"

Marky Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Marky Mark For This Useful Post:
Ninja Ed (02-21-2011)
Old 02-21-2011, 09:33 AM   #4 (permalink)
Premium Member

Man that would be freakin' awesome if they circled in that motion that you said was just the camera! WOW!

Old 02-21-2011, 09:39 AM   #5 (permalink)

WHAT! That is soooo sick! Thanks for the write up, I will have to look into this MOD.

2010 TRD Tundra CrewMax 4x4 Limited Edition
26" Powersticks, Volant CAI ,In-Cab 12v Fuse Block, Overhead GPS mount, 3/1 level kit, 22" Boss 333's on Terra Graps, Bushwhacker Flares, 3" Pure Performance Body Lift, TRD Rear Sway Bar, Angel Eye Halos, HIDs with Projectors in custom headlight shroud

Southeast Tundra Forum
CtheProducer is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to CtheProducer For This Useful Post:
Ninja Ed (02-21-2011)
Old 02-21-2011, 10:39 AM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FailedAngrMgmt View Post
looks good, im throwing around the idea of doing HID's next, how do you like your 35W lights, if you had to do it again, would u go with 55W or stay at 35W?
Since the city I live in isnt too dark (Las Vegas) and I barely have my lights on that much or that long, I would do 35w again. I dont really see a point in 55w unless you are running true projectors and want that awesome light output and cut off line.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marky Mark View Post
Looks sweet as heck man! Glad to see someone moddin' it up! I really need to get my fogs done! Maybe I can send them to you? I have the CCFL halos..I was thinking of going with the LED, but like the cleaner look of the thin CCFL ones.

That remote is cool too..I was just counting my remotes for my truck and I have right at (8) different remotes! LOL So I do not need another one!
Yea I was terrified of cutting the fogs open, but it really wasnt too bad... I dont know how id feel about installing the CCFL halos though after reading that other thread... haha Your buddy at your shop doesnt have any cutting tools?
I here you on that, I have 3 remotes on my one lanyard and im getting crazy about that already. Thats not including my LED Scanner remote cause I havent installed that yet lol

Quote:
Man that would be freakin' awesome if they circled in that motion that you said was just the camera! WOW!
Yea I thought it would be a cool function too. At first I thought it was doin it but then I looked away from the camera and back at it and realized what was goin on lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by CtheProducer View Post
WHAT! That is soooo sick! Thanks for the write up, I will have to look into this MOD.
Thanks man!
Definitely a great mod to do and its well worth it!
These are thee best halos you can buy right now.

Las Vegas Tundras @ Facebook.com!!
#Follow me on Instagram @Ninja_Eds_Tundra
Ninja Eds Build Page!!

Ninja Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 10:48 AM   #7 (permalink)

Thanked 1,316 Times in 888 Posts
Awesome job. I have been thinking about doing this. Now I might, great write Up!

Old Truck Mods in Link Below:
http://www.tundratalk.net/forums/tun...build-log.html
berdine3 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to berdine3 For This Useful Post:
Ninja Ed (02-21-2011)
Old 02-21-2011, 12:24 PM   #8 (permalink)

Thanked 2,755 Times in 1,485 Posts
scale of 1-10 how hard?

Gabe
Cute Raptor Bro
gpend5.7sport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 01:40 PM   #9 (permalink)

That is freak'n cool.
[SIZE="3"][SIZE="4"][COLOR="Silver"]2008 Tundra Supercharged Dbl Cab: MODS-Grillcraft grille, BHLM, Corsa exhaust, Pioneer Avic-z110bt, Boss 335 22's, Kenwood amps, Memphis 12" sub, Alpine components, dynamat, custom enclosure, Extang Revolution, Katzkin Seats w/heaters, DJM drop arms, TundraRacing rear drop kit, Firestone RideRite system, Viar compressor, train horns
SOLD!!!
Tundra5-0 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Tundra5-0 For This Useful Post:
Ninja Ed (02-22-2011)
Old 02-21-2011, 01:46 PM   #10 (permalink)
"The Antagonizer"
Premium Member

Thanked 20,668 Times in 7,545 Posts
Garage
Do you think this would look good with the BHLM on stock headlights(like you have) and retrofit projectors.?

"Now two flags fly above my land that really sum up how I feel One is the colors that fly high and proud The red, the white, the blue The other ones got a rattlesnake with a simple statement made "Don't tread on me" is what it says and I'll take that to my grave"

https://www.facebook.com/Bigblacktundra
BTCM46
TWACCM113
JOSH 5.7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 02:12 PM   #11 (permalink)
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOSH 5.7 View Post
Do you think this would look good with the BHLM on stock headlights(like you have) and retrofit projectors.?
But of course.

Last edited by Marky Mark; 02-21-2011 at 02:18 PM.
Ninja Ed (02-22-2011)
Old 02-21-2011, 02:19 PM   #12 (permalink)
Premium Member

And they sell CCFL's also which I have had for 2 years in my lights. Comparison below. I think the LED's are brighter, but I also like the seamless look of the CCFL rings. Decisions. Decisions. LOL

Last edited by Marky Mark; 02-21-2011 at 02:22 PM.
Old 02-21-2011, 03:56 PM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
And they sell CCFL's also which I have had for 2 years in my lights. Comparison below. I think the LED's are brighter, but I also like the seamless look of the CCFL rings. Decisions. Decisions. LOL

Great job.. Sweet mod.

Marky- any problems with your CCFL's. I thinking of doing this mod when I do my BHLM. Any pics? or videos?
ichrisi88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 04:11 PM   #14 (permalink)
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ichrisi88 View Post
Great job.. Sweet mod.

Marky- any problems with your CCFL's. I thinking of doing this mod when I do my BHLM. Any pics? or videos?
Not a one. I had one ballast go out in two years, but they are only like $10. It happens, as even with the HID's we run.

Below is my thread back in 2009 when I had this mod done to my lights. It has a few pics in it. I have since added 90watt strobes in the OEM turn signal location.

Black HeadLight Mod, Halo's & Turn Signal LED's

DDRaptor (02-04-2012)
Old 02-21-2011, 04:20 PM   #15 (permalink)

Thanked 2,755 Times in 1,485 Posts
i would like to do what ed did but with the red/orange halos

Gabe
Cute Raptor Bro
gpend5.7sport is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

TundraTalk.net - Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum > Tundra Discussion > Tundra Lighting/Electrical