Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

Running fog lights without headlights

22K views 20 replies 12 participants last post by  irishpride114 
#1 ·
I just bought a new 2010 Tundra and was wondering if there is a way to run the fog lights with the parking lights. I know that this is technically incorrect but I think it would be a cool feature. I found a write up that requires an addition of a relay and you have to modify the harness. I was just wondering if this can be accomplished another way. TIA

#4 ·
If you get this to work on your 2010,please check back in and tell us.When you read the write-up,you'll see where you have to tap into a pink wire under the steering wheel cover....MINE AIN'T THERE!:eek: Got the kick-panel wire tapped without drama,just couldn't find that stupid PINK wire under the steering wheel cover!:banghead:

#7 · (Edited)
I don't think cab size matter as long as you have factory fog installed. :)

Let me know how it turn out and I could possibly guide you through since I've been doing fog light mod on majority of the vehicles previously owned. ( 03 Acura TLs, 03 Lexus IS300, 07 Tacoma, 08 Subaru STI and 10 Tundra) :p

#8 ·
I don't think cab size matter as long as you have factory fog installed. :)

Let me know how it turn out and I could possibly guide you through since I've been doing fog light mod on majority of the vehicles previously owned. ( 03 Acura TLs, 03 Lexus IS300, 07 Tacoma, 08 Subaru STI and not the 10 Tundra) :p
Thanks for posting this! I had been holding off on doing my 2010 DC thinking the wiring was different. The picture you posted is that the kick panel or under the steering column? The other wire is the grey one right?

#9 ·
You have to remove the kick panel before you can get to the 10mm bolt to the flat panel surrounding the steering column. Gray wire from the cig plug is a ignition control + in the center. I ran a constant + from the fuse box so I could turn them on without key in the ignition. :p

#10 ·
Combatp21, thanks to your instruction I FINALLY got this foglight mod done! I was missing the connectors hidden by the 10mm bolt. Didn't use a relay,(Eddy's Method), surprisingly, the fogs are staying on with the highbeams,I really wasn't after that feature but if nothing burns up....fine!:D

#16 ·
Following

#18 ·
I couldn't get the link to open.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.