Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

Where Can I get the HIDs?

7K views 56 replies 20 participants last post by  KhanTyranitar 
#1 ·
I just realized that DirectJG is banned. Why was this. I don't know why but can you assist me in where to find the HIDs system that works with quality now since there is no vendor for it anymore.

#49 ·
which kit from ddm? watts? do you have to remove the lights? i removed the lights for the bhlm and piece under the lights is a pain.

#53 ·
Is it really practical to use HIDS for the high beams since a lot of people only have them on for a few seconds. I was told the bulb never gets enough time to energize and this shortens it's life span.

I put the DDM kit on my GSXR and the low beam is so awesome I don't even bother with my high beam.

So what are the part numbers for my Tundra?

#55 ·
The higher the Kevin rating, the more unsafe the bulbs become. They basically get a brighter whiter appearance, but the actual brightness (measured in lumens) is lower, and the amount of glare is much greater. Technically you don't want HIDs at all, but if you are going to use them, get ones with lower Kelvin ratings.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.