User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-18-2017, 09:00 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 51 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Fogs quit mid drive!!

Driving home from dinner The fog lights just quit turn the switch on and off no avail when I got home I checked the fuse panel inside and there's no fog fuse in there checked the engine bay fuse panel there is a headlight left hand and right hand and then there is a fuse headlight lower left lower right I assumed those were the fog ones but none of the fuses are blown whatsoever I check the wires and plugs and all is plugged in. I do have ATFL mod and checked those convections as well all fine. They don't come on at all rather headlights or brights or running nothing else quit nothing else is the matter I'm stumpeedddd heelpppppp

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-19-2017, 06:35 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Fogs quit mid drive!!

After getting to work this morning I discovered there is a fog fuse and a fog relay. I guess that's what happens when you're on the way home from a 20 hour shift. A little daylight this morning in the refresh brain and I found them right away. fuse is good. Will have to check relay later

Last edited by edelbrock231; 04-19-2017 at 06:58 AM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to edelbrock231 For This Useful Post:
ACDan (04-19-2017), PMG (04-19-2017)
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-19-2017, 08:23 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
So I got into it today. the fuses fine for the fog lights and the relay as well. I switch with another one nothing changed. backed up against the garage door I noticed as I'm play with the lights there are no running lights on rear . so I get underneath the fuse box under dash and fine the 7.5 for tails. It's blown so i put in spare and hit the lights pops instantly. now I know there's a short somewhere. But to fix the fog light question before adding another one I threw a 30 up in their turn the fog light switch on and just tapped the main light switch for a nano second Shernoff the fog light came on. So somehow the tail light in the fog lights share some sort of use even the fog has its own fuse in engien. So now have to find a short and it will fix everything

The Following User Says Thank You to edelbrock231 For This Useful Post:
Powertechn2 (04-19-2017)

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-19-2017, 10:15 PM

Thanked 9,910 Times in 5,250 Posts
Mentioned: 39 Post(s)
Quoted: 1156 Post(s)
Have you towed a trailer recently?

I assume no.

I mean, you didn't say the issue popped up when you were towing. But I have seen towing a trailer cause an issue that goes unnoticed.

If you have swapped the tail lights or any other lights to LED, check those. I had a tail/brake light that was LED burn up, caused issues, but were not constant.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I put the Laughter in Slaughter, and the Fun in funeral.
KTM 450xc QUAD, Baldwin head, Ti valves, 8/06 cam, motoworks, goldspeed tires...
Gone/not forgotten: 2010 CM RW that was sweet,
NOW: 2017 Platinum. Tinted, trd duals, Exo Grapplers. Led h-lights and interior, Hard hat tonneau, line-x, Rancho uca/level'd
I like weapons. I dont capitalize, use spell check, or punctuate properly...
and you can call me Power.
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-20-2017, 06:40 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
I hooked up a trailer for a lift for work on the ball but that was it I moved it 15 parking places I didn't hook up the chains or the lights. I do you have the LED strip under the tailgate and I have that spliced in to the trailer wire hook ups but that is still working fine and I would assume that the trailer plug would be on the trailer tow fuse and relay. I think it would have to be a short because the only thing on my taillight would The two LED bulbs and two LEDs shouldnt pop at 7.5 fuse right away

post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-20-2017, 04:27 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Fogs quit mid drive!!

OK super stumped I went got a pack of 10 amp fuse is just a test fuses I pulled the taillights out and pull the bulbs out put in a fuse and tested it popped right away so I unplugged the fog lights put a new fuse in a pot right away again.The only wire altering I've done to the stock anything is tiny in the lightbar on the tailgate I type that into the trailer harness and it still works fine
Going to dealer tomorrow fmll

Last edited by edelbrock231; 04-20-2017 at 08:53 PM.
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-21-2017, 08:25 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
I'm dreading this dealer trip

post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-21-2017, 09:00 AM

Thanked 1,505 Times in 743 Posts
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 153 Post(s)
Garage
When you say "tail lights" are you talking about the rear brake lights, rear running lights, or both? I find it hard to believe that the Fog circuit is tied into the running lights or brake lights, they are only wired to come on with the head lights from the factory. SO, this makes me think you're grounding out somewhere with your ATFLM. I'd undo the mod for now and throw some regular bulbs in your tail lights to see if you can determine what's going on.

New EnglandTundra Club Member #10

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2010 Toyota Tundra DC

5.7l, TRD Off Road, 4WD
Silver Sky Metallic
No Mods....Yet
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-21-2017, 09:18 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Fogs quit mid drive!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by riccnick View Post
When you say "tail lights" are you talking about the rear brake lights, rear running lights, or both? I find it hard to believe that the Fog circuit is tied into the running lights or brake lights, they are only wired to come on with the head lights from the factory. SO, this makes me think you're grounding out somewhere with your ATFLM. I'd undo the mod for now and throw some regular bulbs in your tail lights to see if you can determine what's going on.

It's the damnedest thing and I don't understand it either .brake lights work fine reverse lights work fine turn signals work fine only the rear running lights in the fog lights. I noticed it when the fog lights were out and checked those fuse and relay and that was all a OK. When I put a fuse in the tail light slot, taillight worked and fog lights worked for second till it popped. I checked the anytime nothing changed. Last night I pulled out the tail lights put in stockers and unplug the fog lights still popped soon as you turn switch. AutoZone was out of 7.5s so I grab a set a 10s and it was popping them every time I tried anything. And the wire on my anytime is only about 6 inches long and hovering between the two plugs i pull d dash and check that as well

Last edited by edelbrock231; 04-21-2017 at 09:21 AM.
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-21-2017, 09:24 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
But in my search change and googling I did happen to see that there was an issue involving tail lights and fog light on a first GEN but I don't remember exactly what it was

post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-21-2017, 09:33 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
I even read online that about 10% of LEDs will fail as a short where as most fail open so that's why I put in the halogens to check that route

post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-21-2017, 09:54 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
I just went outside and took off the ATFLM and nothing has changed still popping then as soon as hit switch

post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-21-2017, 10:19 AM

Thanked 1,505 Times in 743 Posts
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 153 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by edelbrock231 View Post
I just went outside and took off the ATFLM and nothing has changed still popping then as soon as hit switch

Un-do the ATFLM to see if that corrects anything. I would be looking all over for frayed wires shorted to ground.

New EnglandTundra Club Member #10

2010 Toyota Tundra DC

5.7l, TRD Off Road, 4WD
Silver Sky Metallic
No Mods....Yet
post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-21-2017, 10:49 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by riccnick View Post
Un-do the ATFLM to see if that corrects anything. I would be looking all over for frayed wires shorted to ground.

I just did. Nothing different. Still popping fuses

The Following User Says Thank You to edelbrock231 For This Useful Post:
riccnick (04-21-2017)
post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-21-2017, 01:22 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Welp sitting at dealer waiting on wife. Stuck me for 275 diag right off batt....

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

TundraTalk.net - Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum > Tundra Discussion > Tundra Lighting/Electrical

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TundraTalk.net - Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.