Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

Viper Remote Start causing windows not to work

1K views 10 replies 4 participants last post by  eyoung14 
#1 ·
About 3 months ago I had a viper remote start installed on my 16 tundra TRD Crewmax. Up until about 3 weeks from now it has been nothing but great. One day I went to drive the truck and the driver side door buttons including the lock/unlock and the power window buttons stopped working. The stopped working for about a day and a half and then magically started working again. They stayed working this way for about 3 weeks and then yesterday did the exact same thing and then started working again. When they weren't working the power window button on all of the other doors didn't work but the lock/unlock did work ( just not on the driver door). What could this possibly be? Is it related to the remote start or is it something else? Ive check all fuses and made sure everything is tight and has good connection. Thanks for the input...this just has me really stumped.

#2 ·
Had something similar to your problem, I ended up bypassing the window module, and dont use it on my viper, everything else works fine.

#3 ·
yeah, I didn't know I could even roll then windows down with that remote haha. Since I didn't install it, and idea on how to bypass the window module.

#4 ·
Actually best buy installed mine, lol...Took it back to him, and told him I didnt care about rolling windows down that much, and he said he could bypass the windows and not effect the remote start or the security system. I dont think he charged me that much, if anything...I think he bypassed that module, but dont quote me..

#6 ·
Just seems very odd that the lock/unlock doesnt work on the driver door AS WELL as the windows controls.... Seems like it isn't just the window module unless that is linked to it?

#7 ·
So today was the first hot day here in md in the 80's and I walk out to my truck to find that the windows don't roll down and I'm back to the same problem. :/ How could the weather effect my windows? I haven't had a problem all winter! Any ideas?? Like WTF!!!
:banghead:

#8 ·
unless you specifically bought a separate part and asked for window control the alarm is not tied to the windows. depending on the module used it may not be tied into the locks either. the alarm controls the locks via data or analog depending on the install method and still wouldn't affect the window functionality.

#9 ·
I didn't buy any extra parts that goes to the window controls. Could it just be coincidence that the window functionality and locks went out at the same time that the viper was installed? Im debating taking it to Toyota for them to try and figure it out? the guy that installed it said that he's not sure why that would happen.

#11 ·
Ok Ill take a pic tomorrow. I didn't install it so I don't really know what I'm looking for haha but ill give it my best go

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.