Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

h11 bulbs in stock fog lights 2016 tundra ?

9K views 15 replies 9 participants last post by  GreatAvalon 
#1 ·
was wondering if you can run a h11 bulb in the stock 2016 tundra housing without any issues , was looking at installing PIAA 15211 H11 Style Xtreme White 55=110-Watt Bulbs

#5 ·
I'm running h11 Samsung bulbs fit great

#7 ·
^you'll blow fuse. H16 and H11 is same base. H16 is 19w, H11 is 55w. Not wise to increase load at all, let alone by 3x. Shouldn't use H11 bulb in fog lights.

Instead, go with a H16/11/8 LED bulb that has lumens of H11 but load less than H16. Philips H16 LED fog lights is what I run that accomplishes this.

Reactions: socal57chevy
#8 ·
So I've been running the Philips X-tremeVision LED H8/H11/H16's for almost two months with no issues. The other night I noticed they were both out so I checked the fuse (15A, under the hood) and it was blown. Replaced it and it blew again right away....so I need to troubleshoot when it gets warmer and see if I have any shorts. Might try a 20A to see what happens.

#9 ·
The fog lights are very disappointing from a brightness, and throwing light. Can anyone who has changed out the bulbs comment on the difference? I rather not spend the money if there isn't a significant change.

Reactions: socal57chevy
#11 ·
I purchased the Philips X-tremeVision LED's and they are great. Puts out a lot of light on the ground in front and on the sides. These LED's and stock bulbs do not even compare. Xenon Vision sells some also. People are happy with his H4 headlight so I'm quite sure the fogs are just as good. Just purchased the H4 this morning myself.

#12 ·
I bought some H11 Silverstars and they would not fit in my 16 without trimming the tangs on the bulb. Since they are 55W and I was trying to run them on a 19W circuit (which I did not know until I researched why they weren't fitting), I opted to return them for a refund.
Further research shows that the factory fog light bulb is a H16B or H16 Type 2. I've yet to find a standard replacement if one was to burn out except from a dealer. I also lost interest and quit looking after realizing the fog light bulb is "unique". Another yota snafu....

#14 ·
Reactions: Mickleford
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.