Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

Headlight bulbs question..

3K views 34 replies 14 participants last post by  RHChan84 
#1 ·
Hi guys, I wanting to replace my bulbs with a whiter/brighter bulb without going hid. So I guess just a plug and play, any suggestions on a bulb that can achieve this that just plugs right in? After researching I found an LED bulb that was like 160.00 but idk if those are any good. Anyone have any info? Pics?

#3 ·
Reactions: Mr. Creosote
#4 ·
#6 ·
All plug and play my man. I'm very happy with them.

#7 ·
depends on year of truck. If it's a 14+ I suggest not getting LEDs. Some say they work, others say they don't, I say the expensive ones I tried, sucked. I now have PIAA Nighttech bulbs and really like them. I've had them for six months and have had good luck with them. Only other option is getting a retrofit. Good luck

#12 ·
I may go with these, they seem to be the best option and perform rather well according to guys who have them. It appears they solved most of the LED problems and, while be no means perfect, they perform well for the guys who have them

however, you have to pay to play, these are pricey.

H4 Philips X-treme Ultinon LED Bulb | 12953BWX2

#13 ·
Those are crazy expensive. The ones I got, in the link at the top of the thread, were $40 and they work great. I don't have any of the LED problems other guys are saying they have. And at $40, if you don't like them, it isn't really much of a loss.

#18 ·
Let's see some wall and distance shots

If they are as good as you say for 40 bucks everyone here would by them

Let's see what you got before I drop 200 on the Phillips

#22 ·
I am currently working nights so this isn't going to happen for a bit.

#19 ·
there are about 10 threads about replacing the stock headlights. please search

#20 ·
#23 ·
Night time is the best time to get pics :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.