Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

Retrofit high beams

1K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  50224 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
So I had a retrofit done, long story short, low quality job. Through the last few months I have had to replace the whole wiring harness due to global corrosion.

My newest question is the issue that started the whole process, the driver side high beam not working. I'm asking the people with experience here, is there a way to troubleshoot or fix the wiring without taking the light out and opening t again. I tried the 9v battery with wires, but doubt it was strong enough to switch the flap. Now with the new harness it should be working fine, but it does not. Can that connection be corroded to the pint it is not working, or is this another soldered connection inside the light, that may have come undone from the poor quality job?

#4 ·
If it's a bixenon then the solenoid is probably stuck and you'll have to open the headlights to see why. As far as corrosion, that's not the retrofitters fault unless he installed it on your truck. Everything should be tucked away nicely away from the elements.

#5 ·
Im assuming you have the Mini D2S projectors. These projectors are notorious for the high beam flap getting stuck. Does it make a sound like its trying to open when you engage the high beams? I agree above, the corrosion isn't the retrofitters problem as he didnt install everything on the truck. When you install your wire harness, relay etc; its best to tuck those into the best locations. A good place for the relay is right on the battery bracket as that area doesn't see much water.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.