Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

AC recirc question on 2015

2K views 17 replies 7 participants last post by  spider2k 
#1 ·
Just got my 2015 TRD Pro a couple weeks ago. Moved up from a 2012, and before that I had a 2008.

With my AC on, whenever I restart the truck, it automatically switches back to recirc mode. Doesn't matter where the temp is set, I'll have recirc off, turn the truck off, restart and its back in recirc.

My 2 previous trucks had the same manual climate controls, and did not do this.

Is this normal, or is something messed up? I certainly don't like the way it is operating.

Thanks!!!!

#3 ·
never noticed, that would be weird. i got to check this out.

#4 ·
I don't even have the automatic controls. Mine is just the dumb manual system. My previous Tundras recirc came on when you turn the temp knob to max or when you hit the recirc button.

This comes on every time i start the truck.

It's probably something that can be adjusted with the tech stream.

#5 ·
There may be a humidity sensor in the new trucks. That will make the recirculating feature come on anytime the A/C is on to reduce the load on the A/C compressor and help a little with fuel economy. Just a theory, but they have it on some of their cars, especially hybrids.

#9 ·
dudes, yes we know its in auto thats the point, to set and forget. but what we are whining about is the (in our opinion) excessive use of recirc air. i think carz is right, i think its tied into a humidity sensor to help unload the AC system. i love leaving the system in full auto but i dont care for recirculated stale air when first getting in to drive or the increased fan speed that goes with it. sure, we could reach down and select it off with our index finger.... but this is america!

#17 ·
get a techstream cable. or have the dealer change it.
I dont know where but there was a setting that had to do with the air defaulting to either recirculate or fresh air.
quoting to prove you wrong :) lol

in all seriousness, i went looking through everything in the truck with techstream 9.3 and came up empty handed. theres no such setting. the closest i could get was this under air conditioning; which doesnt have anything to do with original question. i even tried it just to make sure

#11 ·
I don't have auto, and one notch back from full cold it stays on. If I hit the recirc button it turns off. Turn the truck off, turn it back on, recirc is back on.

As I stated, my 2912 and my 2008 did not have this "feature".

#16 ·
Unfortunately, yes. My Sequoia does that every time. I'm now used to turning it off every day when I turn on the AC.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.