Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

So... it should be there.. but isnt?!?

1K views 9 replies 4 participants last post by  Toxarch 
#1 ·
So I was looking to add a autodim/homelink mirror and from what I read all the Tundra's use the same harness so I should have a 14pin plug in my overhead console. I decided to take it down today and I see no signs of a extra plug/harness. Am I missing something? I reached around and didn't find anything, but from what I understand it should be pretty obvious.

Any thoughts?

Attachments

See less See more
#5 ·
Can you see everything in the front of that headliner? I could almost say with 99% certainty that it's in there somewhere .. but it may require you to drop the front of the headliner.

#8 ·

The plug SHOULD be in one of those 2 black plastic brackets on top of the headliner.
You can probably use any switched power source to power the mirror. I think the Homelink uses a switched power for the compass and unswitched power for the garage door openers. It doesn't draw much power. If it were me, I'd tap into the power port wires in the dash, add an inline fuse, and run your own wires up to the mirror.

#9 ·
The plug SHOULD be in one of those 2 black plastic brackets on top of the headliner.
You can probably use any switched power source to power the mirror. I think the Homelink uses a switched power for the compass and unswitched power for the garage door openers. It doesn't draw much power. If it were me, I'd tap into the power port wires in the dash, add an inline fuse, and run your own wires up to the mirror.
Thanks so you aren't seeing it there right? I'm not missing anything?

Do you know what color wires are switched/constant?

#10 ·
See that wire harness with the black tape? It should come out of that and the wires should go left. Or at least that is what it did in the 07-13. Try following the harness to the left a little and see if it is there. Or maybe forward toward the mirror.

Take the cover off the A-pillar on the driver's side. It's easier to test the wires there if you want to tap into that wire harness. White with black stripe is ground. If it's the same as previous Tundras (which it should be), the light blue wire is an always on +12v wire. The light purple is a switched power. But be sure to test the wires first.

Reactions: roboots21
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.