Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

V-Leds newest LED headlights

7K views 20 replies 11 participants last post by  irishpride114 
#1 ·
Reactions: Mr. Creosote
#2 ·
They look OK, but you can't tell by a pic, so do cheap eBay ones. I did notice the box reads Phillips, which is a plus, however when you price them they come out to $250. Also no H4 base for us 2014-15 guys. At that price, I'll let somebody else go first.

#3 · (Edited)
Yes it would be nice to see how they turn out after someone gets a set. They do have a video on their site comparing them to the Morimoto 55W HIDs.

#5 ·
#6 ·
i've been eyeballing those too, didn't know how they'd work in a regular headlight capsule. most of the OEM LED setups i've seen were in some sort of projector housing.

#7 ·
Anyone tried them yet?

#9 ·
Yes they are pricey. Someone will give in eventually LOL. >:D

#10 ·
yeah i did give in and i bought these

Amazon.com: New Brights LED Headlight Conversion Kit - All Bulb Sizes - 80W 6400LM Cree LED - Replaces Halogen & HID Bulbs - 5202 (H16): Automotive

they are stupid bright.

but they are made for projector style headlights so they only light up half of the headlight bezel, but they are stupid bright, its almost like you're driving with your brights on.

http://www.tundratalk.net/forums/tundra-lighting-electrical/400505-led-headlights-light-up-half-bezel.html

#11 ·
I tried the VLED LMZ bulbs and they did not fit for the low beam... exchanged them for the HIDs which I originally was gonna get.. I did keep the 3000k for my foglights and the 4500k for the high beam... the heat sink was too big for the low beam as it would hit an area in the engine bay... I couldnt reattach the headlight housing
Trunk Auto part Wire Vehicle Technology

#12 ·
That sucks. If the LED high/low bulbs I'm testing right now end up coming to market, I'll let you guys know. They'll fit into anything :).

#14 ·
#16 ·
Tundra2348626 said:
That sucks bc I have a 2013 as well. Could a mod be done for them to fit? Were you able to turn them on at all to see how bright they were?
not worth cutting the area around just to fit a bulb... I did keep 2 sets of the Lmz for the high beam and fogs. I returned one set and went with an HiD kit for the lows. They are bright in the fogs, and the high beams with 4500 lumens, wow... It's bright

#17 ·
Cool..thanks for the info. Could you post pics sometime? I would like to see how they look.

#21 ·
Has anyone found if these fit on a 2015 Tundra yet?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.