Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

2014 headlight bulb

4K views 26 replies 11 participants last post by  pursuit2550 
#1 ·
Thinking about going HIDs on my 1794
Can't stand to look at the stock bulb color anymore, looks so half arse next to the LED DRL. Already got the nokya H16 yellow fog light not installed yet waiting to purchase the headlight bulb now, but every website list a different size, so what size bulb do u really need? Thanks in advance

#2 ·
H4

#5 ·
Let us know how they work. I did not like mine, tried the LED and they were less output than OEM.

#7 ·
it will still work, but it wont do much for aiming as the hid has a very scattered pattern in halogen reflector housings.

#8 ·
Yeah they are H4(9303) in case any one else is looking i ordered the kensun off amazon for about 50 or 60 and they look great, they are really bright. I wasnt sure on them at all, but after installing them I think it was a well spent 50 vs the 200 a shop wanted to charge

#10 ·
Good stuff mine came with the slim ballast. They wanted me to drill into the Frame to mount but I didn't want to do that. I ended up drilling a hole through the mount it came with and bolted it with the radiator fan cover. The headlight adjustment still works and the light beam actually isn't really scattered. It should come out great

#11 ·
I hear ya i would drill into it either, I'll probably mount it the same way or just use some strong Velcro like I usually do. Glad to hear the beam pattern is not to scattered, was worried about that myself, that why I had got the 35w version.

#13 ·
Yes the H4 bi xenon for the headlight,
H16 for the fogs. I stuck to the same brand i had on my camry for 5+ years only thing i had to replace one bulb only because it start to dim out? But would still fire up everytime. Replacement pair was cheap also $10. For the bi xenon $20 any color temp. I always got the big ballast never the slim one.
Good luck with whatever you choose.

#15 ·
#18 ·
Does anyone have any actual pictures of the beam pattern as they are viewed from the drivers seat? Maybe even a garage door shot?

It seems as if the HID in halogen housing club is a secret society and nobody ever posts pics of the final results :)

But in all reality, I hear the 2014 reflector is different and was wondering if I am going to blind and annoy people by switching to HID.

#23 ·
There is no beam pattern. Just scattered light everywhere. That is why no one post pics, it looks like shit. And yes you will be blinding people switching to HIDs. Why buy a 30k+ truck and you put cheap ass china shit in it is boned me.

#20 ·
Bump for beam pattern picture.

#21 ·
sorry guys i been working nights and i dont take my truck to work. I dont want to mess up the interior getting in after work. But i decided to bring it tonight so ill try and get some pics tonight

#24 ·
Wow I'm sorry it boned you haha...but in all seriousness why do you have to be so negative? Maybe some can't dish out the money for projectors. Most cars yeah you may blind people but our trucks have a magic switch that controls the beam. And yes I'm going to post a picture for him to see. It's not as scattered as you make it seem and it does not look like shit in my opinion. In the end it only matters what you think . If you like it go for it. I like it for not, but as I mentioned I will be getting a retrofit in the future

Reactions: 01G3Plat
#25 ·
So you save the cash. I did and I am having LS460 projectors put in. Didnt you save money to buy your truck. Even with the leveling knob, our trucks are high and it still spreads light every where. And yes I am pissed because I have to always deal with idiots coming at me with their blinding hids just because they think it looks good and not giving a shit about others on the road. Its like someone driving at you or behind you with their high beams on.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.