Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

Installed 2 20" LED Light Bars now what?

10K views 45 replies 17 participants last post by  doubleds65 
#1 ·
So I finally got the light bars on.
Are there any bulbs close to being as white without doing HID's or Projectors?
The headlights and fog lights are Silver Star Ultra's.
They are yellow compared to the light bar.

See less See more
Reactions: kstateskier
#2 ·
I have the same problem...

#4 ·
I am thinking about buying two more and mounting them underneath.

#8 ·
You just gave me another option. Looks really nice. I want to do a 40 inch light bar but I'm not sure if it will on my nfab light bar. Was thinking about doing the 40 inch curved light bar but this is a nice option. Do the two 20 inchers face completely forward or are they slightly off centered?

#10 ·
They are straight.

I bought these 2 20" instead of 1 40" because of mounting.

There are two blocks on each bar you have to tighten down
Then you mount the adustment bracket to that and there is the bolt that goes to the light bar.

You have to get the first set of blocks set perfectly or it will try to set crooked.

Reactions: upgrayedd
#9 ·
Looks good Let us know how you like it. After putting my light bar on, I put two of the spots back because the LEDS didn't go as far.

#12 ·
Got anymore pics of the light bars? Also where did you find them. I really hate to copy your setup but that's exactly the look I'm going for. I really want to keep my nfab light bar on there too cause it was a biotch to install and wouldn't like to uninstall that piece.

#14 ·
I got them on ebay.

Couple of things.
I used the rubber dampeners from my old lights and I would highly recommend to help with vibration.
I also bought flat washers for under the mount.
I would also take the mounting bolts and go get four nylon locking nuts.

The 55 watt 6" Hella Spotlights I had on there probably threw light farther than the LED. I still like the LED better.

They are 10 bucks cheaper than they were a month ago.
CREE 126W 20" Eyourlife LED Driving Spot Flood Combo Work Bar Light 4WD SUV Ute | eBay

Reactions: upgrayedd
#13 ·
Try the Sylvania ZXE. They are bright and very white. I saw them on a friend's truck and thought they were HIDs at first.

#15 ·
#16 ·
I just went through the same delima...I had PIAA high and low beams but when I installed my LED fogs I hated the orange look of the bulbs!
I put a set of 6000K Lumenz bulbs in and they are very close to the color of the LEDs!
Last week I finally got around to getting my LED light bar installed, I also had the 4 Bella 500 setup before this, love love love the LEDs much more!

PIAA bulbs with led fogs first pic,
Lumenz bulbs in the rest with 6000k LEDs

Attachments

#17 ·
I just went through the same delima...I had PIAA high and low beams but when I installed my LED fogs I hated the orange look of the bulbs!
I put a set of 6000K Lumenz bulbs in and they are very close to the color of the LEDs!
Last week I finally got around to getting my LED light bar installed, I also had the 4 Bella 500 setup before this, love love love the LEDs much more!

PIAA bulbs with led fogs first pic,
Lumenz bulbs in the rest with 6000k LEDs

Those look proper. I like them.
Where did you get the Lumenz bulbs and how much did they cost?

What LED fogs did you get?

#19 ·
That kind of puts a dampner on that.

I want my headlights to throw all the light they can.
I guess I am going to have to break down and do the projector upgrade to get white light out of my headlights.

#22 ·
I don't and it's raining right now but I will take some tomorrow.

#21 ·
I like this better than behind the grill. Just ordered the NFab bar, found on eBay for what I thought was a good price.

#25 ·
Got my NFab bar in on Monday, started working on it today. Bumper bolts are a PITA to get off. Was loosening the upper one on the drivers side and dropped my 14mm wrench and I can't find it! I've poked around with a magnet in all the nooks and crannies where it should have dropped and no luck. smh

#26 ·
It's a pain to put on for sure. Do not tighten down any of the bolts just barely start all 4 before your tighten them down or itll never fit.

I used 2 crescent wrenches put together to get it off. The one on the nut was a ratcheting 14mm. Made it real easy.

This is what I mean by put together.

#28 ·
I like mine but I still have moments I think the Chrome Hella's looked better.

#29 ·
I got my nFab bar installed this weekend. I recommend anyone else installing one on a '14 throw the included bolts away and go buy 1.5 inch bolts, made installation a lot easier. I should have dropped the skid plate too but got my kid to help poke his skinny arms up in there to tighten things down.

#32 ·
That sucks Cawk. Where do you live?

Can you kill people if you catch them stealing from you?

More importantly, can you subdue them and take them where no one can hear them scream? I find catch, torture and release works well. They tell their buddies who not to fvck with.

Reactions: Azblue
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.