Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

LED door pockets and footwell lighting done!!

4K views 15 replies 9 participants last post by  SQuill 
#1 · (Edited)
I have the 74 bulb adapter and I tapped my power there for my LEDs. Off of the 74, I have a total of 12 strips, switched into 2 circuits. I have front footwell strips that are powered off of one switch. The other switch powers strips in my door pockets and handles. The front door has 2 12 inch strips in the pocket and a shortened strip behind the handle. The rear doors have 1 12 inch strip in the pocket as well as the strip behind the handle. I have both setups switched so that they can be turned off when needed...ie doors open for extended periods of time, or to keep mosquitos away.

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
That looks awesome....where did you tap into for power?

#4 ·
Power comes from the 74 bulb adaptor right under the dash. You can get one from VLEDS for $2.00. AD AF here myself.

#8 ·
Those are from AutoZone. VLEDS strips would have been brighter but I had these in the garage from my old truck. VLEDS does have some strips left but they have switched to LED bars now. Gotta love technology. What part of SC? I'm originally from Myrtle Beach.

#6 ·
Ahhh...that info was within the first 6 words of your original post...I'm retarded...

#9 ·
Power to use for interior led strips? I used the 74 adapter from Vleds. It plugs in to where the bulb was and it has 2 wires coming from it.

#15 ·
The leds are just 12 volts. I have them wired to the 74 bulb adapter. Once I do the rear I will have a total of 14 strips running from it. They use very little power. The doors are on one switch and the footwells are on another.

#16 ·
Thinking about doing something pretty similar. Going to get the 74 and want to wire them into four strips for footwells and then four strips for nerf bar lighting. Do you think that all 8 could be wired off the 74 without the switches like you did?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.