Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

LED Light bar behind grill 2013 RW

3K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  BLACK-OUT 
#1 ·
Hey guys... Need some advice. I have a 2013 RW that I'd like to add some type of bright off road lights. On my last truck, an F150, I had a set of bright Hellas on a bull bar up front, and I was very happy with the results. I purchased a black bull bar for my Tundra, but did not like the way it looked (still have it if anyone near Philly is interested)

So, it started me thinking of a LED light bar. What are my options for behind the stock grill? I was thinking maybe a 40" or maybe two 20" bars... What is the install like and lastly, what kind of output should I expect behind the grill? I guess I'm asking for opinions of those who have tried this as I've seen a few in here the last few years. Thanks in advance.

Anthony

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

#2 ·
I put a pair of Hellas behind the grill and swapped the grill. Would be fairly easy to do LED lights the same way. I thought about swapping them out with a pair of 20" LED bars, but the Hellas put out a better light than the LED bars would. The 07 has the trans cooler on the passenger side so I wouldn't be able to go much wider than 20" bars.
This is an old thread, but should help you see what I had to do for mounting them:
Offroad Lights Installed Behind Grill (Lots of pictures)

Old picture of the truck after install:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.