Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

Installed otrattw switches in dash - lots of pics :)

6K views 29 replies 14 participants last post by  UncleJimmy 
#1 · (Edited)
So ive been waiting to post anything up till i had completed this, but i'm half way done now and wanted to share the progress. .

So ive replaced/added otrattw switches in dash to control the following systems

LED Light Bar (Installed)
Rear Fog Lights (Installed already)
Rock Lights (Installed)
Winch (Installing soon, already sitting in the garage)
CB Radio (Help me figure out which one I should buy!)
Air Bags (Installed already)

I rewired a few things that were already on the truck, wired in new stuff and pre wired for add the rest of the accessories, once I get everything else together.

Now on to the switches, they are amazing quality, and look and feel fantastic!

I choose to stay with the stock dash lights, and the amber color from these match perfect with the stock dash.

Ok ok so here are some of the pics from the install. I did put this up in a thread on the Facebook Tundra group so some of you may have seen this already.

So I hid the power and ground distro box under the cup holder for easy access to the fuses if needs be, I did have a few issues along the way but nothing major to mention in regards to this install... you will see even my ant colony thought the little bits of shielding were useful.. so they dragged a few off LOL.

Anyway enjoy the pics and and ask any questions you may have.

THanks for looking.. also I will update this thread with my onboard air system and CB once they are installed.

I will also add some wiring diagrams for anyone interested.. just let me know..

~Bruce

Here are my ants... taking a piece of wire shielding down the hole! LOL

See less See more
#2 ·
Excellent job on the switches and am happy to see you use the power block, great job! those ants look a bit thirsty.. a can a brake cleaner should do the trick lol

#3 ·
LMAO... actually. I dont mind the ants so much.. plus my lizards around the house eat them.. circle of life bro.. but actually the wife works in the exoctic animal world, and doesnt apreciate me killing random things unless im going to eat it.. if its in the house, its free game to kill, but outside is ok for them to live.

Side note. can you PM me, I want to order some shackles to get rid of my blocks in the rear. Want to install them when I install my daystar air bag cradles.. Im trying to get my travel back in the rear :)

Reactions: Coachbuilder1
#5 ·
Here is the wiring diagram.. hope it makes sense.. just a FYI....

Ive attached the PDF for download , and here is a linked image :)

The reason the CB, Winch and "air compressor" are not in this image, is because I havent installed them So not on the wiring diag :) Ill add later :)

Attachments

#7 · (Edited)
awesome work!! i just installed my OTRATTW switches in the overhead console and will be wiring them through the same Blue Sea panel once i get my new bumper to mount all the lights on.

Question though. Where'd you mount all the relays?

Reactions: papasmurf
#8 ·
all the relays are in the engine bay .. Im going to be mounting a small waterproof box to place them all in for now i only have two of the relays hooked up. The rest have yet to be wired in as I don't have the associated equipment mounted, or installed. Hope that makes sense. But the will all stay in the engine bay.

#9 ·
#11 ·
Looks awesome! I was on the fence with those switches, not anymore. I will definitely be picking two up soon, one for an LED bar, and one for a front camera. Thanks!

#12 ·
Cant tell you enough how awesome they feel look and work!

The amber matches to the dash perfectly!!

#14 ·
Those are both pretty nice.

One thing to watch out for with mounting it right there is clearance for the hood strut. Once it closes you pretty much lose all the room in front of where the strut attaches.

#16 ·
So on the old site, it shows less than on the new site...

otrattw.com is the old site

otrattw.net is the new site ( alot more options here) but you cant order through his new site yet...

best thing to do is call him tell him what you want and then go from there, and yes I do believe he can do custom stuff too. Not sure on the details there though.

#19 ·
Thats a good question.. and who knows ants are smart..

#21 ·
You have to do a minor bit of dremel work.. took about 20 minutes to mod.. so its a semi perm mod.. but the trim pieces can be replaced so ... i got that going for me LOL

#22 · (Edited)
So ive been waiting to post anything up till i had completed this, but i'm half way done now and wanted to share the progress....
Bringing this back... any way you can get the photos to show up again?

#24 ·
Good timing everyone, because I just got some new stuff from them and will be adding/changing out some switches, doing some upgrades on the wiring and installing some new lights. So i will repost the pics in this post, then later will add pics of the new stuff.

Anyway here you go.

And the most important part.. the awesome wiring diagram.

Although now Im going to have to redo this and update it with my new setup, Im adding a roof mount lightbar, bed rack lights, and moving the on board air switch and getting rid of the CB (for now)

Reactions: Dcsleeper408
#26 ·
@papasmurf What is the power block? I was looking for a super clean solution as far as wiring. I could swear that I've seen a sort of plug-n-play box type idea. Would love that. I hate wiring messes that my rigid's usually make. Is that what the power box is?

#28 ·
If you have the $$ to spend then an Spod is the way to go for clean accessory controls. One source box mounted under the hood, and a single umbilical to a switch bank in the truck.

#30 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.