Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

OEM Style switches

30K views 101 replies 38 participants last post by  2015XSP-X 
#1 ·
Instead of reviving an old thread, I though I would post this up for reference.
Browsing around TacomaWorld (old habits are hard to break) I saw a possible group buy on OEM style light/aux switches. I really was hopeful since it looked as if the only place to get both the tall style (near the steering column) and the short style (on the console) was to get creative and order from here.
Newpro-Tech
Now we have a group buy possible for the same, then low and behold a poster says "why not buy them from here"; http://stores.ebay.com/onboardairusa/Toyota-switches-/_i.html?_fsub=5224873017

Sometimes I think I don't research stuff well enough when things like this pop-up. Anyway I am again hopeful for OEM type switches.:D

#2 ·
Check out OTRATTW Their switches look much nicer than either of those I think. I just ordered a few the other day for my new lighting set up. I'll be posting pictures when I get them mounted in my overhead console

#3 ·
And guys don't get me wrong, I had some OTRATTW switches in my Tacoma and they were great, I would just like to keep it more OEM in the Tundra.

#5 ·
Thanks for posting those. I had planned on some otrattw switches but like the idea of a stock style switch that just pops right in. The otrattw switches do have more options and better graphics though.

#6 ·
I just put in two of the Air On Board switches. Couldn't figure out if the OTRATTW switches could be made to work in the factory switch slot, their website confused me. The Air on Board switches look, fit and work great. Like that they tie into the dash lights. I'd likethem more if they were about $10 cheaper though. Couldn't bring myself to get the bunny burner. ZOmbie and LED LIGHT BAR.

#11 ·
#18 ·
Very nice! Sub'd!

#20 ·
Same question as clarks ^^^^

#32 ·
Can somone please help me with this.. I just got one of these switches and I currently have the led bar hooked up to the rigid industries switch with three wires.. I am not slick when it comes to electrical stuff. My switch is the same as the ones in this post.. I don't mind pushing the button every time I want it on but I do want to light up. Can somone dumb it down for me and tell me exactly how to do it? And what's with the 1 AMP diode? I assume it's necessary?

Done did it..

#34 · (Edited)
OK, I'm not very good with electrical, but I got the switch (waiting on light bar to install). Looking at the diagram, I would say use the section that says for older cars. Your not integrating it with the truck, but as a seperat circuit.

So...

Green/Yellow switch wire - Any 12V+ keyed on the truck (wire or fuse)

Red/Yellow switch wire - This should be the same wire going back to the relay from your Rigid switch that signals "on" in your Rigid wire harness, and if I'm correct, the only wire you will reuse from that harness (on the switch side). Or you can always run a new one.

Blue/Yellow - Any 12V+ wire that is tied into the dash lights. I assume all the factory switches have one of these. I plan to locate this by turning on the trucks lights and using a test light to locate which one it is on a factory switch and tap it with a Posi-Tap.

Black - Any Chassis groun.

#33 ·
And the wiring diagram is like reading Hebrew to me..

Done did it..

#35 ·
Ok don't hate me.. What does 12v keyed on the truck mean? And the red and yellow would be power? Pop a switch out and tap it with a double tap per say? Right now I have a red and black obv I know that power and ground and i have a blue with lights up the switch when the light is turned in.. Am I reusing any of those ? I'd assume all of them but have to and a wire to light up when light is off.. And what about the diode?

Done did it.. ?

#36 ·
12V keyed is a wire that is hot when the truck key is turned on, off when the truck key is off. The switch has 2 blue lights. The bottom one (spells out LED Light Bar) lights up when you turn the trucks headlights on, like the dash lights and stock switches do. The top one (picture of a light bar) turns on when the switch is pressed on. Like I said, I'm a novice at electrical too, so I have no idea about the diode. I don't think it would be needed in this situation, as we are making a new circuit not tied into the cars headlight system. Probably generic instuctions for using the new switch to control the stock lighting without upsetting the canbus system. Again, I don't want to be responsible for anybodys truck so YMMV, but this should be the same as when you added the original set-up, with the addition of a wire to add the dash light function, so I don't see any problems forgoing the diode.

#37 ·
Finger Technology Material property Electronic device Gadget

This is my switch.. It's not a rocker switch so i don't think I need to wire the green cause on the diagram it says to wire to headlights like you said and I'm not doing that..

Done did it.. ?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.