Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

00-13 led gauge color swap

36K views 70 replies 27 participants last post by  DL tundra 
#1 ·
Here is some information on doing LED gauge swaps in Tundras, It really depends on the year you have and what all can be done, Ill list what is different about each year below, this is not a sale add, I offer swapping services since a lot of you don't want to tear into the gauge cluster, (they run about $600-1400 for replacement) I swap the LEDS and ship it back same day service if your interested.

2000 to 2004 tundras use (74/t5) led bulbs, for the cluster and 74/t5 for the climate control along with 194/t10 leds, this can be done fairly easy.

2005-2006 the climate control is the same, but the cluster uses leds that need to be soldered on the cluster, on top of that it needs to be finely sanded to get the green film off the overlay.

2007 to current are all leds and range from size to type. I stock everything needed for this swap.

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a383/Biohazard2070/LED%20Gauge%20Swaps/IMG_1142_zpsc6212806.jpg

See less See more
#3 ·
Where you located, how much you charge?

#4 ·
The Green!! How much do you charge for that amazing work of art?!

#5 ·
Guys,
There are different models of Tundras that have different options, what I will do is list those options and you can PM me with what options you have and what you want done and I will get you a price for that.

Tundra model
SR5
Limited (this edition is the hardest of them all)
Rock Warrior

These are all the leds needed for each light

2007-13 TOYOTA TUNDRA
GAUGE CLUSTER COLOR

• CLUSTER NUMBERS & LETTERS COLOR #11
• NEEDLE COLOR #10
• GEAR NIGHTTIME POSITION COLOR #1
• ODOMETER COLOR #3
• DRIVE POSITION P,R, N, D, 1, S #6
• MANUAL GEAR POSITION COLOR #1
• TURN SIGNAL COLOR #2
• TRACTION CONTROL #1
• E-BRAKE #1
• VSC #1
• CHECK ENGINE #1
• TOW HAUL #1
• 4X4 HI #1
• 4X4 LOW #1
• CRUISE CONTROL #1
• DOOR AJAR #1
• HIGH BEAM #1
• LOW FUEL #1
• SEAT BELT #1
• LOW WIPER FLUID #1
• ABS #1
• LOW TIRE PRESSURE #1
• AIR BAG #1
• AUTO LSD #1
• BATTERY #1
• RSCA (REAR SIDE CURTAIN AIRBAG) #2

CLIMATE CONTROL
• NEEDLES ON KNOBS #4
• MAX A/C #1
• SYNC #1
• A/C LOW/HIGH #3
• A/C POSITION #4
• HOT/COLD # 4
• PASS SIDE HOT/COLD #4
• A/C ON/OFF #2
• DEFROST #2
• RECIRCULATION #2
• AIRBAG LIGHT #6
• SEATBELT #2

BUTTONS/SWITCHES
• 4x4 SWITCH #3 COLOR #3 NEEDLE
• TOW HAUL #1
• RSCA #1
• ROLL DOWN WINDOW #1
• TRACTION CONTROL #1
• HEADLIGHT ADJUSTMENT #1
• CARGO LIGHT SWITCH #2
• INTERIOR LIGHT SWITCH #2
• INFO/MODE/RESET/SONAR BUTTON #4
• WINDOW AUTO SWITCH #1
• STEERING WHEEL CONTROLS.#7
• SEAT WARMER #2

I offer lifetime warranty on all LEDS, should any fail I will replace them at no charge, However it does not cover shipping.

#7 ·
I need all buttons green that would go on a 2wd 2012

#8 ·
What's up Daniel. LEDs looking good. I like the white with blue. Might have to change mines from blue to white.

#10 ·
^^^^^ hahahahaha. already rockin the purple in the turn signals.

Reactions: biohazard2070
#11 ·
White with blue is bad ass. My truck is my daily driver or I would do this for sure. PM on they way with ?'s.

#14 ·
How much for you to come to my house and do this mod for me ;):D

#16 ·
Well to give us all a general idea, could you give us some kind of numbers? Lets just say the limited and all of the LEDs swapped. Or give us a base model all LEDs swapped or hell, even just the cluster. A List of the price per each assembly would be nice. Something. Just sayin.

Reactions: drawcab
#17 ·
for regular Tundras 07-13 with the SR5 package it is $250 for the full swap, gauges, climate control, stock radio, all buttons/switches.

for limited tundras 07-13 price is $340 for the full swap, gauges, climate control, stock radio, all buttons/switches. (gauges/climate control are near impossible and require a ton of desoldering/resoldering of connections)

for RockWarrior Tundras 07-13 with the SR5 package it is $260 for the full swap, gauges, climate control, stock radio, all buttons/switches.

Swap takes 4-6 hours of time
07-13 regular/sr5 trucks
Clusters are $75.
Radios are $65.
Climate control is $55.
Buttons/Switches are $7 each.

Swap takes about 6-9 hours of time.
07-13 Limited trucks
Clusters are $115.
Radios are $65.
Climate control is $95.

ALL LEDS ARE LIFETIME WARRANTY (doesn't cover shipping costs)

Hope this helps you guys out.

#30 ·
for regular Tundras 07-13 with the SR5 package it is $250 for the full swap, gauges, climate control, stock radio, all buttons/switches.

for limited tundras 07-13 price is $340 for the full swap, gauges, climate control, stock radio, all buttons/switches. (gauges/climate control are near impossible and require a ton of desoldering/resoldering of connections)

for RockWarrior Tundras 07-13 with the SR5 package it is $260 for the full swap, gauges, climate control, stock radio, all buttons/switches.

Swap takes 4-6 hours of time

07-13 regular/sr5 trucks

Clusters are $75.

Radios are $65.

Climate control is $55.

Swap takes about 6-9 hours of time.

07-13 Limited trucks

Clusters are $115.

Radios are $65.

Climate control is $95.

ALL LEDS ARE LIFETIME WARRANTY (doesn't cover shipping costs)

Hope this helps you guys out.

Pm sent!

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

#18 ·
Wish you were local i would get the swap in a heartbeat!! What kind of turn around are we looking at?

#27 ·
East county, I have done a few mobile swap overs and could do the same, or meet you at your place, whichever is easier.

I would suggest that you pick up some of the gauge clusters from salvage yards, and redo them.

Then you could have an exchange program, which saves the hassle of the customer being "down".
Ive checked, they want to much, anywhere from $200-400 for a cluster, and since there are different models its not really worth it, I also do Tacoma's, Corolla's, 12-14 Dodge trucks, 06-14 Titan's so its hard to keep clusters for each type of vehicle that is swapped.

#28 ·
man that looks like a nightmare. you must have to solder them in? and ya id love this but mines a daily driver and I cant be without it for a week or more

#29 ·
You could always do a piece at a time, I have had guys send their whole cluster and drive without one and just used a mobile gps to check speed, once I have everything I usually have it finished within 1 day and shipped. longest wait time is shipping, unless you wanted next day.

#33 ·
I really like the clean look of the white on white

#36 ·
It is possible, but the real question is are you a medium to expert at soldering?

These are not just average leds and are very small, it is also very easy to rip the circuit board when removing the originals, not trying to be harsh but I would hate to see anyone have to buy a new cluster for that reason.

here are the sizes of just a small handful of the leds needed.