oracle halo owners please advise - TundraTalk.net - Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
#1 (permalink) Old 01-22-2013, 12:42 AM

Thanked 1,697 Times in 954 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Garage
(Thread Starter)
Angry oracle halo owners please advise

ok so i ordered a set of oracle halo head and fog kits full color shift, thru a local dealer/ installer (washington, state). It's been one problem after the next. guy only got the head light kit in. i drop my truck off at his shop sat night and just picked it up tonight (monday). well when i get there i'm greeted with bad news. According to the installer, the halos had came with the wiring sodered in correctly, that being said there broken don't turn on. ok so my question is this. is this legit or is he blowing smoke up my ass and probably broke em him self and is just trying to pass the blame ?

i know there life time warranty and that i can get them replaced, just wanted to know if this guy is playing smoke and mirrors or if what he is saying can be true.

CAMBURG COIL OVERS, DEVER 5 LEAF + 3" BLOCK, 20" RBP 96R WRAPPED IN 34" BFG KO, PUTCO FRONT WIND DEFLECTORS, MGHLM, DISCONTINUED SHIFT KNOB, TRD CAI, TOW MIRRORS, DEBADGED, DIPPED BUMPERS,ORACLE COLOR SHIFT HALOS, WEATHER TECH DIGIFIT FLOOR LINERS, GOPRO SILVER EDITION DASH CAM
POTOOWA MEMBER #2
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 01-22-2013, 12:48 AM
Premium Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
oracle halo owners please advise

He's not blowing smoke up your ass whoever solders those things from the factory can't solder worth a shit. Ask Joe "Big Tundra" he can tell you how many he's had to fix before he does his installs. So it's def not uncommon for them to come lose and not be properly soldered

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

F*ck the IRS screwing up my Long Travel Plans. I love how they try to Indian Give on a waiver they approved three years later.

http://www.facebook.com/projecthoneybadger
Instagram @ProjectHoneyBadger

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DaveB702 For This Useful Post:
serberus (01-22-2013), shaker428 (01-26-2013)
#3 (permalink) Old 01-22-2013, 01:04 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveB702 View Post
He's not blowing smoke up your ass whoever solders those things from the factory can't solder worth a shit. Ask Joe "Big Tundra" he can tell you how many he's had to fix before he does his installs. So it's def not uncommon for them to come lose and not be properly soldered

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App
X2

2 of my wires fell off when I was fitting them for install. I was being super gentle too. Extra solder made me feel better. But careful, the positive and negative terminals (at least on solid color halos) are close together..

Sent from my AutoGuide.com Free App

2012 CM 5.7L | Y Pipe, Spintech Turn-Down | Volant CAI |
BHLM+Custom red/white individual halo's + fogs |
18x9" Fuel Hostage +14 | 295/70r18 Nitto Terra Grappler | 3" Front Spacer |
Dash LED Swap DIY | Custom Painted Dash |
V-LEDs | Plasti-Dip | Tint | DIY bed liner | 35W 6k HID |
The Following User Says Thank You to diabolus28 For This Useful Post:
serberus (01-22-2013)
#4 (permalink) Old 01-22-2013, 01:09 AM

Garage
(Thread Starter)
thanks, i had to ask, because it's been one problem after the next. he takes our money before even calling them up to make sure what we want is in stock. after a week of waiting he gets a box in and it only has half kits in it, and he said there on back order for like two weeks. i proceed to bring in my truck so he can at least install the heads, only to find out 3 days later he installed the rings to find out the wires are effed. can't leave my truck at the shop any longer, and he didn't want to pull the rings cause the epoxy would ruin my bhlm. so now i've got broken rings in my head lights and have to wait for the new shit to come in. this has turned into a month long affair. ORACAL YOU GUYS NEED TO PULL YOUR HEADS OUT OF YOUR ASSES. your charging us big bills for this cheap shit from asia that it's not uncommon for them to have these kind of issues. I expect that crap from a 30 dollar item not something i'm forking 500 bucks out for not including install.
thanks for reinsuring me that its not the installers fault. i appreciate that guys

CAMBURG COIL OVERS, DEVER 5 LEAF + 3" BLOCK, 20" RBP 96R WRAPPED IN 34" BFG KO, PUTCO FRONT WIND DEFLECTORS, MGHLM, DISCONTINUED SHIFT KNOB, TRD CAI, TOW MIRRORS, DEBADGED, DIPPED BUMPERS,ORACLE COLOR SHIFT HALOS, WEATHER TECH DIGIFIT FLOOR LINERS, GOPRO SILVER EDITION DASH CAM
POTOOWA MEMBER #2
#5 (permalink) Old 01-22-2013, 01:17 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by serberus View Post
thanks, i had to ask, because it's been one problem after the next. he takes our money before even calling them up to make sure what we want is in stock. after a week of waiting he gets a box in and it only has half kits in it, and he said there on back order for like two weeks. i proceed to bring in my truck so he can at least install the heads, only to find out 3 days later he installed the rings to find out the wires are effed. can't leave my truck at the shop any longer, and he didn't want to pull the rings cause the epoxy would ruin my bhlm. so now i've got broken rings in my head lights and have to wait for the new shit to come in. this has turned into a month long affair. ORACAL YOU GUYS NEED TO PULL YOUR HEADS OUT OF YOUR ASSES. your charging us big bills for this cheap shit from asia that it's not uncommon for them to have these kind of issues. I expect that crap from a 30 dollar item not something i'm forking 500 bucks out for not including install.
thanks for reinsuring me that its not the installers fault. i appreciate that guys
Sorry, but what you described sounds a bit like the installers fault- not oracles. My common sense says to test the rings before install. I guess everyone is different.

As far as taking payment before ensuring product availability, that's just a fail of a business move. Or desperation acting. Not to mention waiting to share the news with you when you came to pick up your truck (expecting everything was finished) instead of placing a phone call to share the news. But maybe that's just the customer service job in me talking.

Yes, the rings do have awful solders, but seems like you also got an awful installer..

Sent from my AutoGuide.com Free App

2012 CM 5.7L | Y Pipe, Spintech Turn-Down | Volant CAI |
BHLM+Custom red/white individual halo's + fogs |
18x9" Fuel Hostage +14 | 295/70r18 Nitto Terra Grappler | 3" Front Spacer |
Dash LED Swap DIY | Custom Painted Dash |
V-LEDs | Plasti-Dip | Tint | DIY bed liner | 35W 6k HID |
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to diabolus28 For This Useful Post:
serberus (01-22-2013), YiNyAnG (01-22-2013)
#6 (permalink) Old 01-22-2013, 01:50 AM

Garage
(Thread Starter)
agreed, im not to happy with the installer either, communication def broke down. i wasn't there so i don't know what his methods were. taking payment before knowing if the product was available def a huge downfall. i can only assume they were benched tested before hand, and something happend between then and install for them not to work. but it's plausible that he didn't bench test them and just out right installed them only to run into that problem. with that being said it's still a huge let down to hear that it's that common for the rings to have that kind of problem. i mean it's not like a small scratch where it will still work, those wires are whats between working halos and non working ones lol. kinda a big deal

POTOOWA MEMBER #2
#7 (permalink) Old 01-22-2013, 04:51 AM
Super Moderator
Premium Member

Thanked 23,673 Times in 7,772 Posts
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 525 Post(s)
Re: oracle halo owners please advise

I've had wires fall off after they're epoxied on. The trick is to dremel out the back of the housing so you have access to solder the wires back on to the contacts.

The Following User Says Thank You to tridacna For This Useful Post:
serberus (01-22-2013)
#8 (permalink) Old 01-22-2013, 04:52 AM
Banned
Premium Member

Thanked 35,828 Times in 15,365 Posts
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 527 Post(s)

Last edited by Bad Dad's Camrys; 01-23-2013 at 10:31 PM.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bad Dad's Camrys For This Useful Post:
Big Tundra (01-22-2013), serberus (01-22-2013), Skynyrd71 (01-28-2013)
#9 (permalink) Old 01-22-2013, 04:54 AM
Super Moderator
Premium Member

Thanked 23,673 Times in 7,772 Posts
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 525 Post(s)
Re: oracle halo owners please advise

This is why it's a good idea to buy a spare set of headlights when doing halos. Ask Shaki about his issues.

The Following User Says Thank You to tridacna For This Useful Post:
serberus (01-22-2013)
#10 (permalink) Old 01-22-2013, 06:13 AM
"BHLM Master"
Premium Member

Location: Clearwater, Florida/ Greeneville TN- FETC member #3, Sept./Nov./Dec.2011 TOTM/Big Rig Club#11
Thanked 3,561 Times in 1,943 Posts
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Garage
Serb- a few things, everyone has hit it on the head here-the halo's are made on factory lines, by factory workers, by the thousands each day- could there be a mix up, sure, If the Oracle dealers doens't check each ring they receive from the foreign country, you get the bad product at times. I've had them soldered backwards, received halo's with solder broken off, broke wires off myself and had to repair them- they are soooo fragile it's rediculous- hense, a very tiny contact area. Place a bead of silicone over the two or four contcts for colorshifts and let dry prior to installing. Helps greatly to keep things in their place. And Tridacna hit it on the head about leaving the backs accessible through a larger hole- the installer could def. play a role if he/she doesn't test these thing 20 times or more during the time they receive them and close the headlights back up- But then again, sometimes they still don't work, or single LED's don't fire, or they flicker. When those little transistors under each LED become loose, they are done- Time to disassemble and turn the ring in for another. Just be super gentle with caring hands like your holding an infant during the install. lol. I've had many lose power after people get them back- makes me feel like crap- but I know they worked prior to leaving my shop- that's what I have control over- joe

BIG RIG CLUB MEMBER# 11 Bulletproof 12" Club#1

Bulletproof 12"lift./3"Body Lift
Coachbuilders- 3"Shackles, Poly bushings
1.5' Wheel spacers
20X12 Octanes
40x15.50 Nitto Mud Grapplers
BHLM/ BTLM
Bushwacher Flares
Shocker XL 240 Train Horns
Amp Research Steps
Custom BTE headlights
Alwayslooking F/R Bumpers
50"/ 3-20" Rigid Lightbars
RBP Series II Grille
Magnaflow Dual Exhaust/ RBP 18"Black tips
Colormatched Royal Topper
ICON Shifter
Interior Blue LED's
Bedrug
4:88 Nitro's F/R
#11 (permalink) Old 01-22-2013, 06:43 PM

Garage
(Thread Starter)
Thanks every one, its just been one problem after the next. I feel better after hearing from you guys. And now I can cut the installer some slack.

POTOOWA MEMBER #2
#12 (permalink) Old 01-23-2013, 03:56 PM

Thanked 2,761 Times in 1,489 Posts
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Had the the same problem with my old dual colors

Gabe
Cute Raptor Bro
The Following User Says Thank You to gpend5.7sport For This Useful Post:
serberus (01-23-2013)
#13 (permalink) Old 01-23-2013, 04:00 PM

should have let ...big t ...do them....

2007 SR5...6'' Pc/2.. 3" BL..TC UCA... PC traction bars. 2'' shackles 22x11 rims 37x13.50r22 tires..pocket style flares..BT BHLM's ...throttle body spacer.. Hypertech Speedo Calibrator..K&N air intake.8000k headlights & fogs
#14 (permalink) Old 01-23-2013, 05:42 PM

Garage
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by troyboy26 View Post
should have let ...big t ...do them....
Invalid comment, big tundra even admitted he has problems. So at this point it can happen to any one. And out he lived in wa state then I would have.

POTOOWA MEMBER #2
#15 (permalink) Old 01-23-2013, 05:54 PM

i was just trying to say the big t does a real good job thats it..... didnt mean to come off rude or anything...

2007 SR5...6'' Pc/2.. 3" BL..TC UCA... PC traction bars. 2'' shackles 22x11 rims 37x13.50r22 tires..pocket style flares..BT BHLM's ...throttle body spacer.. Hypertech Speedo Calibrator..K&N air intake.8000k headlights & fogs

TundraTalk.net - Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum > Tundra Discussion > Tundra Lighting/Electrical