Hiring Expert Tundra Electric Tech!! - TundraTalk.net - Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum
TundraTalk.net now has a Photo Gallery available to all users. Upload your photos today!
Toyota Tundra Header Background Toyota Tundra Header Right
HomeForumGalleryClassifiedsAbout UsAdvertiseContact Us

Go Back   TundraTalk.net - Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum > Tundra Discussion > Tundra Lighting/Electrical
Register Home Forums Active Topics Photo Gallery Gameroom Auto Loans Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

TundraTalk.net is the premier Toyota Tundra Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-30-2012, 05:26 PM   #1 (permalink)

Hiring Expert Tundra Electric Tech!!

After months of frustrating attempts to restore my courtesy (automatic interior lights turn on when unlocked), I am willing to pay any expert $200 to restore my lights! Long story short, my footwell light was cut off (literally) and the entire circuit to include my shifting panel, AC, courtesy (dome lights turning on automatic) glove box, and center console lights are now dead. I've already attempted to reconnect with a new #74 slot and still no effect.

I'm located near Ft Meade, Maryland. PM if your interested in making some quick cash!
TundraGuy07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-30-2012, 06:35 PM   #2 (permalink)
"Resident Liberal"
Premium Member

Thanked 16,886 Times in 6,335 Posts
If you are talking about the little light that is in the middle under the steering wheel, was cut and now nothing works, you have a blown fuse.

If you are a fan of fat girls, Dave Matthews CD's are better than a ham on a fishing pole.

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats.
H. L. Mencken

2008 RCSB 4.7 TRD Offroad 4x4
OkSlim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 12:59 PM   #3 (permalink)

i'd also say blown fuse, i would check that the wires are not grounded or touching together and shorting the circuit out (resulting in a blown fuse)
KJ4JAQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 01:01 PM   #4 (permalink)
"Seahawks Hater"
Premium MemberPremium Member

Thanked 4,590 Times in 2,202 Posts
lol
tundrakountry is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 01:42 PM   #5 (permalink)
F&@k Y'all, I'm from Texas
Premium Member

Gameroom cash: $124276
Thanked 11,424 Times in 4,599 Posts
There's some lighting control module in the truck. If you short the circuit, it can blow the module instead of the fuse. Probably needs to be replaced.

All mod descriptions and pictures 2007-2014 by Toxarch. They may be copied only for personal use and the mods may be done for non-profit only.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MORON #1
Do not mention his name here. He spits on us and talks crap and you're directing people to him from our site? I don't think so. I know you're neutral and that's fine, but please do not mention him here.
Toxarch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Toxarch For This Useful Post:
KJ4JAQ (12-02-2012)
Old 12-02-2012, 01:55 PM   #6 (permalink)

not saying it doesn't exist, i just don't see any sort of information on it on the TIS manual site. The description page only shows the bulb.
Old 12-02-2012, 02:51 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxarch View Post
There's some lighting control module in the truck. If you short the circuit, it can blow the module instead of the fuse. Probably needs to be replaced.
That's what I was thinking too. I replaced a new fuse, and underneath my glove box, something starting frying/smoking...
Old 12-02-2012, 03:11 PM   #8 (permalink)
F&@k Y'all, I'm from Texas
Premium Member

Gameroom cash: $124276
Thanked 11,424 Times in 4,599 Posts
I wish I could tell you more about it and where it's located. It's happened to others before on the forum.

Did a little searching. First, look for a 7.5 amp fuse and check it. Some have said the part that fried is a relay on the dash gauges circuit board. They had to replace the dash gauges to fix it. Here's a cheaper DIY solution:
HVAC lights not working, no clock when lights are on

All mod descriptions and pictures 2007-2014 by Toxarch. They may be copied only for personal use and the mods may be done for non-profit only.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MORON #1
Do not mention his name here. He spits on us and talks crap and you're directing people to him from our site? I don't think so. I know you're neutral and that's fine, but please do not mention him here.
Toxarch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Toxarch For This Useful Post:
KJ4JAQ (12-02-2012), TundraGuy07 (12-07-2012)
Old 12-02-2012, 06:17 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
I wish I could tell you more about it and where it's located. It's happened to others before on the forum.

Did a little searching. First, look for a 7.5 amp fuse and check it. Some have said the part that fried is a relay on the dash gauges circuit board. They had to replace the dash gauges to fix it. Here's a cheaper DIY solution:
Well, if anyone knows something about dash guages and their lighting elements and circuitry, i would expect it to be you. you sir are johnny on the spot when it comes to that kinda stuff.
Old 12-07-2012, 07:29 AM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:

apologies on the late response, been out of town. Thanks for the thread Toxarch, but I do have a question before I do this. When they say make a new ground point, any idea if I'm just splicing and grounding? or cutting the actual wire and grounding? I'd imagine is splice and ground.
Old 12-10-2012, 01:01 AM   #11 (permalink)

So I ended up splicing and grounding, however it didn't do anything. Checked to see fuse and it was popped again.

*Sigh...* looks like I'll submit to the dealership...
Old 12-10-2012, 01:07 AM   #12 (permalink)

By the way, with the circuit from the footwell light, does anyone know where the circuit is going to over on the passenger side? Figured I'd ask since that's where the smoke was appeared when I replaced a new fuse.
Old 12-10-2012, 04:09 AM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TundraGuy07 View Post
That's what I was thinking too. I replaced a new fuse, and underneath my glove box, something starting frying/smoking...
Did u put a bigger fuse in? If u did this can cause it to fry the harness. I've seen people do this and I ended changing the whole harness on their vehicles. If you have something that's smoking I would not put the fuse back in until you locate the short. Good luck!
TundraGuy07 (01-06-2013)
Old 12-10-2012, 07:29 AM   #14 (permalink)
Premium Member

Thanked 4,565 Times in 1,943 Posts
Garage
I had a problem with my dash lights on my 2008. It took the dealership a couple days to find the issue and they said they had to tear the whole dash apart to get to it. They replaced the "Combination Meter ECU"

I don't remember exactly so I'm just getting this off the dealer work order. My complaint to them was "Radio display and clock display go blank when headlights are turned on" It very well could have affected the footwell lighting as well, I may not have noticed.

2012 Black SR5 DC 5.7 - TRD SS Steps - 20" Ultra Mammoth Wheels - Nitto Terra Grapplers 285/55-20 - CST Spindles - +2 Shackles - Rear 5100s -
Tint - Ventvisors - Sport Shifter - Line X Premium - Access Loredo Tonneau - White Dash LEDs - BHLM - Oracle Halos - Dirty Deeds BAMuffler SS Exhaust....
Details in "My Garage"

Frequent Yamaha AR230 Jetboat Attachment!
Big Shasta is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Big Shasta For This Useful Post:
TundraGuy07 (01-06-2013)
Old 12-12-2012, 06:05 PM   #15 (permalink)

Does anyone have the diaphragm of the entire circuit of the fuse below:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_01341.jpg (195.2 KB, 28 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

TundraTalk.net - Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum > Tundra Discussion > Tundra Lighting/Electrical