Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

Hiring Expert Tundra Electric Tech!!

2K views 20 replies 8 participants last post by  TundraGuy07 
#1 ·
After months of frustrating attempts to restore my courtesy (automatic interior lights turn on when unlocked), I am willing to pay any expert $200 to restore my lights! Long story short, my footwell light was cut off (literally) and the entire circuit to include my shifting panel, AC, courtesy (dome lights turning on automatic) glove box, and center console lights are now dead. I've already attempted to reconnect with a new #74 slot and still no effect.

I'm located near Ft Meade, Maryland. PM if your interested in making some quick cash!

#2 ·
If you are talking about the little light that is in the middle under the steering wheel, was cut and now nothing works, you have a blown fuse.

#5 ·
There's some lighting control module in the truck. If you short the circuit, it can blow the module instead of the fuse. Probably needs to be replaced.

Reactions: KJ4JAQ
#7 ·
That's what I was thinking too. I replaced a new fuse, and underneath my glove box, something starting frying/smoking...

#8 ·
I wish I could tell you more about it and where it's located. It's happened to others before on the forum.

Did a little searching. First, look for a 7.5 amp fuse and check it. Some have said the part that fried is a relay on the dash gauges circuit board. They had to replace the dash gauges to fix it. Here's a cheaper DIY solution:
HVAC lights not working, no clock when lights are on

#11 ·
So I ended up splicing and grounding, however it didn't do anything. Checked to see fuse and it was popped again.

*Sigh...* looks like I'll submit to the dealership...

#12 ·
By the way, with the circuit from the footwell light, does anyone know where the circuit is going to over on the passenger side? Figured I'd ask since that's where the smoke was appeared when I replaced a new fuse.

#14 ·
I had a problem with my dash lights on my 2008. It took the dealership a couple days to find the issue and they said they had to tear the whole dash apart to get to it. They replaced the "Combination Meter ECU"

I don't remember exactly so I'm just getting this off the dealer work order. My complaint to them was "Radio display and clock display go blank when headlights are turned on" It very well could have affected the footwell lighting as well, I may not have noticed.

Reactions: TundraGuy07
#15 ·
Does anyone have the diaphragm of the entire circuit of the fuse below:

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.