Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

2014-2015 CrewMax Under Seat Storage option

72K views 293 replies 100 participants last post by  ESP Truck Accessories 
#1 ·
So we have been listening to you. For those of you who don't want to spend the money or don't really need the extra security of the aluminum under seat storage, we are currently developing our abs plastic version of our under seat storage. First prototype should be ready within 2-3 weeks. Here is the drawing we approved today. What do you think?

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
Man. I likey, likey. No doubt I will buy one for sure. Just make sure to have them available in different colors.

#6 ·
I have the black carpet but would like to have the grey to match the seating and plastic instead. With black the dust are much more visible IMO. Sounds like you got all that covered.

#15 ·
#18 ·
I'd opt for lid. If you were to fold your seats up to usage as storage, you would be basically resting all your stuff onto of the stowaway items. Or you would have to add a piece of material to cover those items, before you place on top.

I'd like to see option with/wo lid options if possible. I'd pay the $260 for lid option too.

#20 ·
Color match for sure. Black.
One long single piece lid should be pretty cheap.
No lock, just the lid with a latch to keep it shut.

#21 ·
I know there are struts and stuff preventing you from going all the way across with the boxes but is there any way you design this so that we can keep a breaker bar stored to take off the lug nuts? Looks like plenty of room for some tow straps and what not but no place to put a decent lug nut wrench.

Also I'd like non locking lids.

#22 ·
Great idea, I'm looking forward to this. For the lid. I wonder if a simple 1/4" thick Baltic birch plywood square big enough to cover the top and another square centered and glued beneath it to center the lid on top of the bucket and a finger sized hole to aid in lifting it the lid off might be an effective solution for those desiring lids. Fairly cheap too...

#25 ·
Definitely keeping up with this thread. I would like to buy black, with no lid once available.

#28 ·
This is great, as I need some storage for my tow straps and things. I am very interested, but I would be lying if I said im ok with cutting the floor out of my truck. Are there any downfalls to cutting the floor? Sound proof? structure? I watched the video and it looks like just carpet and foam are cut, so the structure should be fine. I will be following this thread closely.

I bought the brake controler panel from Earl over at ESP, Great guy to deal with, solid company. I hope to get the brake controller soon. As a matter of fact I think it may be shipped today.

#31 ·
...Are there any downfalls to cutting the floor? Sound proof? structure? ...
I think I was the first "customer" to install. Months later I am still happy, no downfalls. No increase in sound, structure is in tact, the foam that remains keeps it shape - all good, go for it you'll never look back with regrets.

Invest in the knife they suggest, it helps make clean easy cuts of the foam.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.