Black Leather with Graphite Interior (YES or NO) - TundraTalk.net - Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
#1 (permalink) Old 01-29-2013, 01:27 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Garage
(Thread Starter)
Black Leather with Graphite Interior (YES or NO)

I'm in the process of waiting on a Magnetic Gray Metallic 2013 Crewmax TSS Off-Road edition due to arrive in 3 weeks. (The truck has all the options that I wanted already installed except it's missing leather).

The interior is Graphite (meaning it's gray)

The Dealership is going to order the leather for me and send it out to be installed once the truck arrives.

He stated I can choose whatever color I want. I want Black Leather.

Problem is (if there really is a problem), this truck has Graphite Interior and not Black Interior.

So will it look weird/out of place if I have black leather with a graphite interior?

Based on all the pictures that I've seen online - the only part that may look out of place is the base of the front driver and passenger seats.

I believe with a Graphite interior the base (plastic) part of the two front seats will be gray as appose to a Black Interior where the base of the front seats will be black.

Also the truck has the SR5 package - so it will be bucket seats with the huge center console. Question - is the lid/top of that center console wrapped in leather or is it just plastic?

If it's plastic then more likely it will be gray in color - now that would look totally stupid with black leather seats and the center console top be gray.

I'm going to stop by the dealership tonight and take a look at some of the Crewmax on the lot and see firsthand if Black Leather with Graphite interior will work. But until then - any ideas?

Also I believe all the plastic on the dash/door are all the same regardless if the interior is Graphite or Black correct?

It's mainly the carpet and seat covers that determines the interior color - right?

Another option is to wait and see if they can get the exact same truck but with Black Interior but I'm still driving my Trade-In car (2007 BMW 335i - Fully Loaded 6-Speed )and want to complete this transaction quickly as they gave me an awesome deal on my trade in and the truck for that fact (Almost $8K of MSRP)

Last edited by LKNGOOD; 01-29-2013 at 01:29 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 01-29-2013, 01:47 PM

sounds like a sweet setup ur going to have going for ya....if u want my opinion i wouldnt do black and graphite to me it looks funny...unless u get black and graphite in the leather. think of a pattern that looks clean it will work better with your eyes as u look at it
#3 (permalink) Old 01-29-2013, 02:05 PM

Thanked 5,024 Times in 2,747 Posts
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 87 Post(s)
I have graphite interior with black/red Clazzio. The interior is not entirely graphite but mixture of graphiite/gray/black. It has enough black to make it work. I also have black Husky WeatherBeater.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Clazzio Back.jpg (188.0 KB, 497 views)
File Type: jpg FrontBack.jpg (193.2 KB, 494 views)

2010 Tundra, CM, 4x4, 5.7, TRD Off Road, Silver Sky Tundra Club #7, TWACC #100, RYRWDBTTBYCDI #7, Tri-State Club #21, Chrome Club #23

Toyota/TRD (Stepboards, Cat-Back, Intake, Hood Protector), Pioneer (AVIC Z140BH & ND-BC5), Clazzio, Tint, Wheelskin, Line X (Extra/Color Match), ValuGard (Undercoat & Rust Inhibitor), Husky WeatherBeater, Westin Ult BB & Lights, Moto Metal 961, BAKFlip F1, OME 614, LR UCA

Last edited by chphilo; 01-29-2013 at 02:10 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to chphilo For This Useful Post:
2010 (01-29-2013)
#4 (permalink) Old 01-29-2013, 02:24 PM
" Brokeback Breaker"
Premium Member

Thanked 8,202 Times in 4,195 Posts
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 428 Post(s)
Garage
I think that all black would look fine, however, in-line with what chphilo said, two tone leather would probably look better. Here is a pic of mine to give you an idea of Grey/Black.

AZTC #1 | BRC #77 |SSC #3
Smittybilt M1 Front & Rear Bumpers, Smittybilt XRC10 Winch, OME 612 w/ ½ in Spacer, CB +3 Shackles, CB Poly Bushings, OME Extended Rear Shocks, LR UCA’s,
Firestone Airbags w/ On-board Compressor, +35 Ballistic Wizards, 295/70/18 Trail Grapplers, BAMuffler, Clazzios, Grillcraft MX Grille, N-Fab Steps, Dashcam
My Build Thread
The Following User Says Thank You to 2010 For This Useful Post:
ron (02-21-2013)
#5 (permalink) Old 01-29-2013, 02:26 PM

I say get what you will be happy with or you will regret your decision. I think all black on most colors would look great. Only bad thing about black is that it gets hot if you dont have dark tint.
#6 (permalink) Old 01-29-2013, 02:33 PM
Premium Member

Garage
I think it will look fine. A lot of the body panels, etc. will be black. Carpets might be black as well.

I just got a '12 Crewmax and it has the Graphite Leather interior and there's still plenty of black in the truck.

I plan on putting black leather in my truck too so post pics when you do it!!

2008 C-MAX LTD 4x4 {SOLD}
2012 C-MAX LTD TRD

#7 (permalink) Old 01-29-2013, 02:55 PM
Premium Member

Re: Black Leather with Graphite Interior (YES or NO)

Are these red/black & gray/black leather seat covers?
If so, who makes them?
Website?
Thanks.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using AutoGuide App

Off_Axis MGMC #84
Rock Warrior Club #62
TRD Dual Exhaust, Cold Air Intake, Sway Bar, Shifter Knob & Oil Fill/Radiator Cap(s), Stant Locking Fuel Cap
Tinted front windows/windshield, Line-X Bed Liner & Expedition One F/R bumpers, Putco Window Vents
Toyota Hood Protector, Information Buttons & 3" Tube Steps, Husky Liner Floor Liners
Tow Mirrors, Rugged Liner Tri-Fold Tonneau Cover, BHLM, 1" wheel spaces, Light Racing UCAs
Fox 2.5 w/res. coilovers, Fox 2.0 w/res. rear shocks & 2" blocks
#8 (permalink) Old 01-29-2013, 03:08 PM
" Brokeback Breaker"
Premium Member

Thanked 8,202 Times in 4,195 Posts
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 428 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Off_Axis View Post
Are these red/black & gray/black leather seat covers?
If so, who makes them?
Website?
Thanks.

They are both Clazzio leather seat covers. Several places sell them, including TRDSparks which is a site sponsor and excellent vendor. No matter where you order them though, you can expect to wait about 8-12 weeks to get them.

AZTC #1 | BRC #77 |SSC #3
Smittybilt M1 Front & Rear Bumpers, Smittybilt XRC10 Winch, OME 612 w/ ½ in Spacer, CB +3 Shackles, CB Poly Bushings, OME Extended Rear Shocks, LR UCA’s,
Firestone Airbags w/ On-board Compressor, +35 Ballistic Wizards, 295/70/18 Trail Grapplers, BAMuffler, Clazzios, Grillcraft MX Grille, N-Fab Steps, Dashcam
My Build Thread
#9 (permalink) Old 01-29-2013, 03:11 PM
Premium Member

Re: Black Leather with Graphite Interior (YES or NO)

Thanks!
:thumbup:

Off_Axis MGMC #84
Rock Warrior Club #62
TRD Dual Exhaust, Cold Air Intake, Sway Bar, Shifter Knob & Oil Fill/Radiator Cap(s), Stant Locking Fuel Cap
Tinted front windows/windshield, Line-X Bed Liner & Expedition One F/R bumpers, Putco Window Vents
Toyota Hood Protector, Information Buttons & 3" Tube Steps, Husky Liner Floor Liners
Tow Mirrors, Rugged Liner Tri-Fold Tonneau Cover, BHLM, 1" wheel spaces, Light Racing UCAs
Fox 2.5 w/res. coilovers, Fox 2.0 w/res. rear shocks & 2" blocks
#10 (permalink) Old 01-29-2013, 06:07 PM

Garage
(Thread Starter)
Just came back from the Dealership - looked at several Crewmax with Black Interior and Graphite Interior.

They had some Graphite Interior with Gray Leather and Gray Cloth and Black Cloth.

None had Black Leather (I think that's only available on the Platinium Package)

I think all Black Leather may work just fine - But will also consider Gray Leather as option 2. I still have about two more weeks until the Crewmax is here so plenty of time to search the internet for picutes.

Thanks All.
#11 (permalink) Old 01-29-2013, 06:11 PM
Premium Member

Black on black!

#12 (permalink) Old 01-29-2013, 06:22 PM

Garage
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swampthing View Post
Black on black!

So Jealous
#13 (permalink) Old 01-29-2013, 06:31 PM
Premium Member

Thanked 4,256 Times in 1,833 Posts
Quoted: 85 Post(s)
Its a bitch to keep clean, but another vote for black on black!

2011 Tundra CrewMax Platinum RWD • Silver Sky Metallic • LazerLite Tonneau Cover • MaxTrac 3.5" Lift Spindles • Ekstrom Design +3" Shackles & Carrier Bearing Drop • American Outlaw Armor 20x9 Charcoal Chrome Wheels • Nitto Terra Grappler LT305/55R20 Tires
#14 (permalink) Old 01-29-2013, 07:36 PM

Garage
(Thread Starter)
I've noticed that the two with black on black that their center console lid is also black and most part of their door are black.

I'm just afraid that if I go all black leather with the center console and part of the doors being Gray may not flow right??
#15 (permalink) Old 01-29-2013, 07:49 PM

Black Leather with Graphite Interior (YES or NO)

I've thought the same thing if/when I put leather in mine. I'll probably hit the junkyards and try to find a black lid in like new condition. If I can then I'll probably go for black. If not probably a grey/black combo on the seats. I'm looking forward to your results.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

2012 CM TRD 5.7 Pyrite Mica
Zone 5" + Shims, Coach Builder's 3" Shackles, Ballistic Wizard 18x9 +14mm, 355/65r18 Terra Grappler
K&N CAI, Magnaflow Performance Exhaust P/N 16485, LED Interior Lights
Stubby Antenna, Nfabs, Floor Liners, Towing Mirrors, Python 574 Remote Start, TPMS Bypass Mod

Build Log

TundraTalk.net - Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum > Tundra Discussion > Tundra Interior Discussion