Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

What is your average MPG with your Tundra?

• 10-11 mpg

Votes: 140 5.4%
  • 12-13 mpg

Votes: 598 23.0%
  • 14-15 mpg

Votes: 1,012 38.9%
  • 16-17 mpg

Votes: 578 22.2%
  • 18-19 mpg

Votes: 141 5.4%
  • 20+ mpg

Votes: 21 0.8%
  • I don't care, this thing is a monster!!

Votes: 96 3.7%
  • NON stock MPG

Votes: 19 0.7%

What is your average MPG?

379K views 2K replies 735 participants last post by  spigs21 
#1 ·
The title says it all- What do you average for MPG with your Tundra? Please list your engine as well.

I have an '07 DC 5.7L, and tracking my mileage with Fuelly.com, I average 15.9 mpg, with a best of 16.5 mpg. I have only owned my Tundra for a month now.

#2 ·
Daily Driver. 60% Highway,40% City and getting 19 - 21 mpg depending upon the fuel I purchase, for the truck in my Signature.

#6 ·
12-13 details in sig. I drove a VW TDI diesel today and averaged 43mpg.

#7 ·
5.7L 2wd. 14.6-15.2 mpg - I have a 7 mile commute to work with 2 miles @ 50 mph, the rest is mostly stop and go traffic. Tranny temp just hits normal about 5 miles in.

not including my towing which is usually around 9.5.

#9 ·
mine is 14.5-14.75, all city, highway is only 3-5 miles then im off, and i floor it to get on, so doesn't help it much...

towing i got 14.75 lol, same...

even with my fj, i avg 17.5-19 unloaded, then towing i got worst of 14.5 mpg once, hauling ass, then learned to slow it a lil, take a different route, and got 17-17.5...

i know its irrelevant, but i can get towing long range what i get city in a vehicle im fairly happy, not ecstatic, but not pissed either...

maybe ill try to baby foot it and see how it goes, i do get sideways on a regular basis, and floor it too, im not afraid to hit the pedal and watch a dollar go out the window.

#15 ·
I don't get buying a tundra unless you really need it getting 14 city mpg average miles if all you are going to do with it is drive in the city? But, I guess, where I live more rural and no big towns nearby mostly county roads, it all depends on where you live. Stop and go is what kills the gas mileage and if I lived in a city with no rural commutes, I'd buy a moped getting 60-80 mpg to go to work and take the tundra out on the weekends in the country and get away from the big city life.

#16 ·
I was at 19.7mpg for a good while using ethanol free gas and driving like a granny. It's down to 17.7mpg now though as I got tired of driving so slow lol. My commute is mostly hwy and interstate.

Sent from my ADR6300 using AutoGuide App

#22 ·
14.1 back and forth to work. I live in the mountains though and lots of hills. I actually get better going the back roads at 40-45 mph than the highway at 65. I travel 22 miles each way with the 5.7 and 4x4.

#23 ·
I dont' have the info button but given the way I drive, the supercharger, lift with 20" tires and A/T's I'm probably getting 11-12 city. I have always thought about buying the switch for info because I believe I'm prewired but then always decide that ....ignorance is bliss. I know folks have heard me say that before.

I'm about to take on some additional financial obligations and have honestly started thinking how I can get into a high MPG vehicle and still keep my Tundra. I have motorcycles and use those when I can to commute but there are some clueless drivers out there so the danger factor is bumped up on two wheels...I'd rather save the two wheels for reccreational riding.

#25 ·
well city by definition is very broad, if i truly lived in the CITY, i would be riding subways or walking...

now i live in the city where im @, but its not like CITY, its city tho, as opposed to the more countryish areas where you have 2 miles of dirt road with 4 houses...

i would get killed on a moped on my way to work being as you must be able to do 55, and get there at a fair click, i would like to have a 4 banger hooride, but instead i have the lhs...

i actually like smaller cars for commuting, but when i need to tow my atv its an issue, and then i cant afford a really reliable nicer econo ride and have a nice truck to haul atv with, so i have a nice truck that i drive during summer cause its mine, and im making payments on it and the lhs for a salt ride which once it cools off enough i will go back to driving to work ( no a/c)

that said, the lhs really only was getting about 15 in winter and highest i have gotten was about 21 mostly highway...

i would like a bike, a rocket, or really really like a new vmax, however, after losing several friends and seeing many more get hurt and 99% of the time its another drivers fault and they had no control over the situation, ill take my chances with paying for lots of fuel.

#26 ·
I made this a sticky post. I will close pretty much all other similar MPG posts from now on.

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.