User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-17-2010, 05:35 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Help with my new bumper dent

Like an idiot I backed into a pole at Lowes (in my three month old Tundra!). It put a two inch vertical dent in the flat part of the rear bumper. It isn't terribly noticable or deep but I can't stand it! I called a paintless dent removal place and the guy said he wasn't sure he could do it since it is thicker than the body panels, and he made reference of some specialty shops that could handle it. Anyone had this problem repaired, without replacing the entire rear bumper?

Now I'm off to find those threads on aftermarket rear cameras. . .
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-17-2010, 05:52 AM
cmb
Premium Member

Quoted: 26 Post(s)
JC Whitney and PepBoys are two places I've seen the Bumper Molding I've used in the past for the same dent you have.Comes in a couple different sizes,Black with 3M Peel&Stick adhesive.You can probably see some of it in person at whatever Auto Parts shops you have. Do a "Bumper Molding" Web-search too,hard to say how many different types there are now.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-17-2010, 09:15 AM

I in the same spot, someone backed into the back left corner of mine and took off. Truck is under 2 months old and it left a nice crease in the metal. One of my friends owns a body business and has contracts with Dent Wizard, they looked at it and said it could not be done with the normal dentless tools. Not sure what other options are out there but outside of replacing the bumper he told me it was not a simple fix.

2010 DC 5.7 4X4 TRD Slate Metallic
2004 Yamaha R6 Track
2010 Aprilia RSV4 Street
2009 Weekend Warrior SX18 Trailer
2010 YZ250F Moto
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-17-2010, 01:04 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Did the same thing but get this, it was at the Toyota dealership, I then bitched at the dealer (who happens to by my brother) for not selling me the back up camera, When you figure out the answer let me know
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-17-2010, 03:35 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Man, it's not looking good so far. Had one paintless dent guy tell me that they can't do it due to the thickness of the bumper. But, he mentioned that used car dealers have guys that come by and beat them out with a mallet. Haven't found one of those yet. Most comments I find online are similar to this thread in another site.

Anyone knows how to knock out dents from Chrome Bumper? - Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forum

I'm still looking for the right person, but it looks like I will just give up and pay $500 for a new bumper.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-20-2010, 03:58 AM

Man i dont know what it is about Tundra rear bumpers and pole's but it seems like every freaking tundra around me has backed into a pole and damaged the left side of the rear bumper. Im tempted to back into one just so i can fit in. haha

Radiant Red Club Founder

BHLM | De-Badge | Color matched grille & door handles | Black TRD decals | aFe Power | Pro Comp
Toyo A/T II | BMF Wheels | Rigid Industries | 6000K HID | Full LED swap | Hypertech
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-20-2010, 12:42 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
As soon as I have time I'm going to take off the bumper and use a block of wood to try and tap out the dent. It isn't that noticeable really, because the curved part of the bumper on either side of the center sort of masks it. Would be worse if it were just one long solid piece of chrome. Gonna be careful though to make sure I don't make another darned dent. Like the service manager at my dealership told me, its better to have an innie rather than an outie. Next time I'm parking in the north 40 at Lowe's!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

TundraTalk.net - Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum > Tundra Discussion > Tundra General Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TundraTalk.net - Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.