Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

Billet Oil Filter Cap by Jowett Performance

33K views 96 replies 35 participants last post by  Migraine 
#1 ·
Hello Tundra Talk. I've just completed the second run of my billet oil filter cap. Now that I'm a site sponsor, I can tell you a bit more about it. This replaces all plastic and alloy versions of the stock cap with a heavy duty billet aluminum piece. A 2.5" six sided nut replaces the 14 flute 64.5mm stock design, which is prone to rounding off and occasionally cracking when overtightened. An optional Fumoto/EZ Drain Valve allows easy draining of the oil from the filter housing. The stock filter support tube and bypass valve are retained, so your oil system performs just as when it left the factory. Any questions? Please ask.

You can purchase them here https://jowettperformance.com/products/coming-soon-billet-oil-cap-for-filter

Attachments

See less See more
#13 ·
Here's a little history lesson on Toyota and the cartridge oil filter system. For the USA market, Toyota began using the cartridge filters during the late 50's and into the 60's. This vintage filter shown here is for an early R Series engine that was used in the Toyota Stout Pickup... which is the great grand daddy to the current Tundra. Note how it is nearly the same dimensions as the current V8 filter.

Attachments

#16 ·
Thanks for the discount! Ordered!

Reactions: Wacked
#17 ·
Just ordered mine...Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

#19 ·
Super fast shipping...received mine today...Thanks a lot for great product and service

Reactions: riccnick and Wacked
#20 ·
Hello Tundra Talk. I've just completed the second run of my billet oil filter cap. Now that I'm a site sponsor, I can tell you a bit more about it. This replaces all plastic and alloy versions of the stock cap with a heavy duty billet aluminum piece. A 2.5" six sided nut replaces the 14 flute 64.5mm stock design, which is prone to rounding off and occasionally cracking when overtightened. An optional Fumoto/EZ Drain Valve allows easy draining of the oil from the filter housing. The stock filter support tube and bypass valve are retained, so your oil system performs just as when it left the factory. Any questions? Please ask.

You can purchase them here https://jowettperformance.com/products/coming-soon-billet-oil-cap-for-filter

Do I need to find a o'ring for this? Also I would really like to find a fitting to put a tube on it if I need it for a less messy drain. I have the trd pro skid plate and the dealer always lets oil spill into it so if you have any ideas plz let me know...Again thanks for the great service.

Reactions: Wacked
#23 ·
Just ordered mine with all of the available "options." I don't know how I missed this thread before but this is exactly what I've been looking for. Will definitely make my own oil changes EASIER and less messy.

Thank you Sir for researching, making and offering this. Big thumbs up.

#27 ·
Just put my order in, sure glad I caught it in time for the deal. I am very much looking forward to not getting covered with oil with every change, as the drain valve in my factory cap never worked properly. I'll be sure to provide some feedback once I have had a chance to use it, but this looks to be what Toyota should have installed from the factory.

#28 ·
They make the shape and needed tools crazy to "incentivize" you to take it to the dealer. The drain with the cum-blasting-kewl Fumoto valve would never get get past the Toyota American lawyers. But Jowett isn't a lawyer. And for that we say "yeeeeaaaaa!!!!"

#31 ·
Fumoto brand valves have some 25 years of development on them AND many real world testimonials. I have a Fumoto on my Tundra primary engine oil drain hole. But must be honest and say only for the last 3 months and 4000 miles. But that's only because I just learned about them and starting asking around and found folks who have had them in active duty for 15 years with ZERO problems. So I'm all in on Fumoto drain valves.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.