Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

Back in a Tundra

2K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  Mickleford 
#1 · (Edited)
On Thursday this week I traded in my 2016 F150 and purchased my 2017 Midnight Black Platinum Tundra. Put on about 125 miles driving it to Washington DC from northern Maryland and back (if you can believe the trip computer) I averaged 17.8 MPG. I know this will change to around 14-15 MPG but, hey I'll take it. The F150 was a great riding truck with plenty of power with the 3.5 V6 ECOBOOST, however it had multiple issues with noise I think coming from the transfer case, which was intermittent, the Sync 3 system would blackout, and the fit and finish of the passerenger door window produced baffles and irritated noise. Spent way too many hours in the service department with no luck.

I test drove the 2017 Titan, Chevy Silverado and believe it or not another Ford F-150 (I figured my purchase was just bad luck and I got a damn lemon). I settled on the Tundra and I'm not looking back. I drove different configurations in all of the above brads even the Cummings diesel Titan XD. The Cummings Diesel was just to see how it drove but honestly I have no real use for such a configuration. It was fun to test drive and it was indeed impressive. In fact the Titan X-Pro 4X came in a close second, but for me the Tundra Platinum OMG IS the one and has everything I was looking for and more. Mostly, I'm looking forward to the reliability I missed from pervious Toyota purchases.

Anyway I look forward to reading and learning from this forum.

See less See more
Reactions: theoat and PMG
#4 ·
Congrats!
Pic is to show everyone what it looks like:

Reactions: cahjr
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.