User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-14-2017, 01:48 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
One piece key fob???

So I ordered the one piece key fob that has been discussed on this forum and had a local locksmith fail at programming it today. Any suggestions in SE Virginia?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
2014 Crewmax Limited 4x4
TRD swaybar and dual exhaust
Undercover flex
24 KMC slides
Spyder headlights
Terra grapplers on limited wheels.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-14-2017, 01:55 PM

Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Can you post a link to the one you bought?

2010 DC TRD 4x4 Blue Streak Metallic
Bilstein 5100s on top setting
LRO diff drop
TRD Rock Warrior 17s
305/70R17 Nitto Terra Grapplers
Hypertech Interceptor and speedo calibrator.
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-14-2017, 03:04 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
EURO STYLE FLIP KEY REMOTE FOR TOYOTA GQ43VT2OT CHIP-G KEYLESS ENTRY FOB CLICKER | eBay

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
2014 Crewmax Limited 4x4
Undercover flex
24 KMC slides
Spyder headlights

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-14-2017, 04:08 PM

Quoted: 30 Post(s)
That's definitely the right one. I bought a few of those for my truck and programmed them with Techstream. You might want to consider just ordering the cable and software and do it yourself. It's really easy and you can do a lot of other things in Techstream.

2010 DC TRD 4x4 Blue Streak Metallic
Bilstein 5100s on top setting
LRO diff drop
TRD Rock Warrior 17s
305/70R17 Nitto Terra Grapplers
Hypertech Interceptor and speedo calibrator.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to leavy30 For This Useful Post:
Blacksslumina (04-14-2017), partyguy816 (04-18-2017)
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-14-2017, 11:28 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by leavy30 View Post
That's definitely the right one. I bought a few of those for my truck and programmed them with Techstream. You might want to consider just ordering the cable and software and do it yourself. It's really easy and you can do a lot of other things in Techstream.
Agreed!

2016 CM SR5 TRD | Silver Sky Tundra Club Member #248

post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-19-2017, 12:34 PM

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tndra789 View Post
So I ordered the one piece key fob that has been discussed on this forum and had a local locksmith fail at programming it today. Any suggestions in SE Virginia?
Where in SE VA? I've used Techstream to set up my one-piece fob. It's been awhile since I've fired up the program, but I could give it a try on yours. I'm in Chesapeake.

2016 Tundra Platinum, Brushed Stainless Steel Step Boards, RetraxProMX Tonneau Cover, BedRug Bedliner, paint protection film, ESP Plastic Under Seat Storage, Aries StyleGuard Floorliners, HitchSafe, center console organizer, Anytime Fog Light Mod, Pop & Lock Power Tailgate Lock MGMC #386
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-20-2017, 06:35 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
I'm in Smithfield.
Be awesome if you could help me out.

2014 Crewmax Limited 4x4
Undercover flex
24 KMC slides
Spyder headlights
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-21-2017, 10:54 AM

Thanked 1,339 Times in 925 Posts
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 419 Post(s)
are these keys quality items?
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-21-2017, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tndra789 View Post
I'm in Smithfield.
Be awesome if you could help me out.
We can give it a shot this weekend...PM'ing you my contact info.

2016 Tundra Platinum, Brushed Stainless Steel Step Boards, RetraxProMX Tonneau Cover, BedRug Bedliner, paint protection film, ESP Plastic Under Seat Storage, Aries StyleGuard Floorliners, HitchSafe, center console organizer, Anytime Fog Light Mod, Pop & Lock Power Tailgate Lock MGMC #386
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-21-2017, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by restosud View Post
are these keys quality items?
They're on par with OEM fobs. It's nice having the one-piece fob to carry around instead of the Tundra key and fob combo and the other keys on my key chain. I carry my one-piece fob with me while away from the truck and I lock my regular keys inside (hidden). I mostly use my regular key for driving and use the one-piece fob to lock/unlock the truck.

One should be careful with fold-out/switchblade key when starting the truck as it's less rugged than the OEM key but grabbing it closer to the base when turning the key alleviates that concern.

post #11 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-21-2017, 02:07 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by lando622 View Post
They're on par with OEM fobs. It's nice having the one-piece fob to carry around instead of the Tundra key and fob combo and the other keys on my key chain. I carry my one-piece fob with me while away from the truck and I lock my regular keys inside (hidden). I mostly use my regular key for driving and use the one-piece fob to lock/unlock the truck.

One should be careful with fold-out/switchblade key when starting the truck as it's less rugged than the OEM key but grabbing it closer to the base when turning the key alleviates that concern.
Exactly!

post #12 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-21-2017, 06:04 PM

Thanked 1,339 Times in 925 Posts
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 419 Post(s)
was inquiring because even the oem vw fold out fobs would flake out after a while.both electrically and mechanically.
post #13 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-22-2017, 12:15 AM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Anyone have more details on this?

Is this the main fob everyone is using?

Do I just need to have the key cut at lowes or homedepot then get it programmed at Toyota.

Where can I purchase techstream and the cable?
post #14 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-24-2017, 01:01 AM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
I am also looking into getting the flip key. I searched this forum for "techstream" one of the discussions has a link to download techstream which works.

In my case I setup VirtualBox to run Windows xp 32bit on my Mac. Techstream runs however it requires you update it and wont let you proceed. I just set the virtual xp date back so the software thinks it's current. The downfall to my current method is that the XP version I am using requires activation after 30 days, so I have to remove and reinstall it every 30 days. That will due in my case, until I can get a legit copy of XP or a current version of techstream.

I have read techstream works on 64 bit OS but have not attempted to make it work. A reviewer on Amazon purchased the same cable (link below) and left instructions on how to make it work in his review.

All I need is the connector and key which I'm ordering tonight.

As for the key... any auto locksmith can cut the key. Or perhaps the dealer which I prefer to not deal with; local dealer is a jackass, but the dealer I bought my Tundra from is 2 hours drive and more than happy to do it.

I'll update my experience once the key and cable arrive.

Key: http://www.ebay.com/itm/191985992882...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Cable: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Last edited by JCBerb; 04-24-2017 at 01:37 AM.
post #15 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-24-2017, 08:53 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCBerb View Post
I am also looking into getting the flip key. I searched this forum for "techstream" one of the discussions has a link to download techstream which works.

In my case I setup VirtualBox to run Windows xp 32bit on my Mac. Techstream runs however it requires you update it and wont let you proceed. I just set the virtual xp date back so the software thinks it's current. The downfall to my current method is that the XP version I am using requires activation after 30 days, so I have to remove and reinstall it every 30 days. That will due in my case, until I can get a legit copy of XP or a current version of techstream.

I have read techstream works on 64 bit OS but have not attempted to make it work. A reviewer on Amazon purchased the same cable (link below) and left instructions on how to make it work in his review.

All I need is the connector and key which I'm ordering tonight.

As for the key... any auto locksmith can cut the key. Or perhaps the dealer which I prefer to not deal with; local dealer is a jackass, but the dealer I bought my Tundra from is 2 hours drive and more than happy to do it.

I'll update my experience once the key and cable arrive.

Key: New Keyless Remote Key GQ43VT20T Tacoma Tundra G Chip Flip Switch blade | eBay

Cable: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
I have a legit copy of XP and run in in virtual box on my Mac, the problem is that since MS ended support for XP, that it won't activate. I ended up finding out how to modify the registry and trick into activation. So far so good.

As for the key, I have the one that is you linked and have had zero issues with it. I like so much better than the factory one. I do agree that is would be wise to hide a master key in the truck somewhere just in case the flip should fail for some reason. The only problem I have with the flip key is that it comes with no logo. Me being me, I couldn't stand the thought of that so I purchased a lot of 10 Toyota logos for it on eBay to satisfy my weirdness. HA

10PCS 14MM Toyota Remote Flip Key Fob Case Logo Badge Sticker Emblem | eBay

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

TundraTalk.net - Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum > Tundra Discussion > Tundra General Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TundraTalk.net - Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.