midnight black vs attitude black is it the same? - TundraTalk.net - Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-20-2017, 01:56 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 44 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
midnight black vs attitude black is it the same?

I got a grill in that is attitude black it's dark and my trucks dirty I put it on but boy do they look like completely different shades of black. did I screw up here with getting this color? should I just get this grill painted the correct black whatever that is. My trucks midnight black. I didn't know toyota had 2 different blacks with pearl in them. Sorry for making a thread on something that has probably been answered but I'm flipping out at how stupid my truck looks with this blacker than black grill on it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-20-2017, 08:01 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Toyota has two blacks listed, midnight back and black, midnight is the metallic. Best thing you can do is to have it repainted midnight black.
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-20-2017, 08:09 AM

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
My 2015 Tundra is Attitude Black, thought this color was only available for 1794 edition and Platinum (at least in 2015). Attitude Black has metal flake.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2015 Tundra 1794 edition -
Icon VS2.5 front and rear suspension
CB +2 and polyurethane bushing
TRD sway bar
AMP power steps
BFG KO2 285-65-20

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-20-2017, 08:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regulator29 View Post
My 2015 Tundra is Attitude Black, thought this color was only available for 1794 edition and Platinum (at least in 2015). Attitude Black has metal flake.
Well either way unfortunately the remedy is still the same, have it repainted the correct color of black.
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-20-2017, 02:19 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by manofsteele2003 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Regulator29 View Post
Well either way unfortunately the remedy is still the same, have it repainted the correct color of black.
Yeah I'll have it repainted when I get all my dents fixed at 100k. It's not horrible probably how a straight black would look like on the midnight black. Now I know there's 3 colors of black. It looked really bad under a flashlight.
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-20-2017, 02:41 PM
Super Moderator
Premium Member

Thanked 19,773 Times in 9,162 Posts
Mentioned: 367 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5470 Post(s)
Garage
@BOBONTUESDAY

You put a ton of miles on a truck. How long do you keep them?

2015 Tundra CrewMax 1794 2WD

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
ddd
ddd

post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-20-2017, 02:49 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by StevenD View Post
@BOBONTUESDAY

You put a ton of miles on a truck. How long do you keep them?
I kept the tacoma till 200 something thousand. I still have the taco. Usually till they get really shitty I'm hoping to get this one to 300k. I don't really have a certain amount of miles it's really just when I get bored of it or want something new. I'll have this truck for atleast 4 more years at the rate I'm going with it. In one year of owning this truck I hit 67k and that was with one week off. I'm currently at 69400. I maintain the truck every 5k and I'll probably do sparks and tranny fluid next time around. I don't baby the trucks that's for sure.

Last edited by BOBONTUESDAY; 03-20-2017 at 03:25 PM.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BOBONTUESDAY For This Useful Post:
Meltdownblitz (Yesterday), riccnick (03-20-2017), StevenD (03-20-2017)
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-20-2017, 06:55 PM

Looks good from here

Hey I noticed you have the Rigid fog light set up. I just got the brackets to mount my duallys I took off our Tacoma and they don't seem to fit between the prongs in the bumper where the factory fogs clipped in. Did you have any issues mounting yours?
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-20-2017, 08:45 PM

Thanked 9,780 Times in 5,165 Posts
Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Quoted: 1123 Post(s)
Fwiw, the plastic makes the paint flop slightly different than the hood.

My MGM has a slight difference from the factory. It is more noticeable when it has been rained on and is clean before the rain.

I put the Laughter in Slaughter, and the Fun in funeral.
KTM 450xc QUAD, Baldwin head, Ti valves, 8/06 cam, motoworks, goldspeed tires...
Gone/not forgotten: 2010 CM RW that was sweet,
NOW: 2017 Platinum. Tinted, trd duals, Exo Grapplers. Led h-lights and interior, Hard hat tonneau, line-x, Rancho uca/level'd
I like weapons. I dont capitalize, use spell check, or punctuate properly...
and you can call me Power.
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-20-2017, 09:28 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Looks good from here

Hey I noticed you have the Rigid fog light set up. I just got the brackets to mount my duallys I took off our Tacoma and they don't seem to fit between the prongs in the bumper where the factory fogs clipped in. Did you have any issues mounting yours?
Does the fog not fit in the mounting hole or does the mounting bracket not fit into the factory hole?
From what I recall there were 3 plates that had to be put on. 2 on the inside and 1 on the outside. It was pretty tight fit from what I recall. Have you tried bending the clips? I didn't have any issue mounting mine but I know there's very little metal holding it together but It has been on there for atleast 60k now with 0 issues. If it's the prone for the light I'd assume your bolt it to big for the mounting location.
post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-20-2017, 09:30 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powertechn2 View Post
Fwiw, the plastic makes the paint flop slightly different than the hood.

My MGM has a slight difference from the factory. It is more noticeable when it has been rained on and is clean before the rain.
Its been on for about 300 miles now and it's become dirty enough where it matches the truck. I really don't mind it now. I noticed that when I was looking at a black platinum at the dealership.
The Following User Says Thank You to BOBONTUESDAY For This Useful Post:
Powertechn2 (03-21-2017)
post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-20-2017, 10:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOBONTUESDAY View Post
Does the fog not fit in the mounting hole or does the mounting bracket not fit into the factory hole?
From what I recall there were 3 plates that had to be put on. 2 on the inside and 1 on the outside. It was pretty tight fit from what I recall. Have you tried bending the clips? I didn't have any issue mounting mine but I know there's very little metal holding it together but It has been on there for atleast 60k now with 0 issues. If it's the prone for the light I'd assume your bolt it to big for the mounting location.
No I haven't tried bending anything just yet, wanted to get a second opinion before I started modifying it. This is the third vehicle I've put the Rigid fog light set up and none of the brackets seem to be all that great but they work.
post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-20-2017, 11:16 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Quote:
No I haven't tried bending anything just yet, wanted to get a second opinion before I started modifying it. This is the third vehicle I've put the Rigid fog light set up and none of the brackets seem to be all that great but they work.
I think I recall the same feeling when I put them in. I usually fab up my own mounts for all of my lights but the fog brackets looked really well made and the finish has held up really well compared to my rusty 1 year old finish line trailer. This one time I was installing a 20 inch rigid lightbar on a Ford raptor. The Flippin bolt on the lightbar snapped and I didn't even tighten it all of the way. Still the best lights though.
post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-21-2017, 06:46 PM

Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Quote:
I kept the tacoma till 200 something thousand. I still have the taco. Usually till they get really shitty I'm hoping to get this one to 300k. I don't really have a certain amount of miles it's really just when I get bored of it or want something new. I'll have this truck for atleast 4 more years at the rate I'm going with it. In one year of owning this truck I hit 67k and that was with one week off. I'm currently at 69400. I maintain the truck every 5k and I'll probably do sparks and tranny fluid next time around. I don't baby the trucks that's for sure.
waste of money changing the plugs. waste of money changing the transmission also, unless you tow heavy loads constantly. 70 or 75k is early, just my opinion.
post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-22-2017, 02:00 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 93cruiser View Post
Quote:
waste of money changing the plugs. waste of money changing the transmission also, unless you tow heavy loads constantly. 70 or 75k is early, just my opinion.
I'll say I'll do it then but I probably won't because I'll forget and I can't lose the time waiting for all of that stuff. I tow 5 to 6 times a week and usually heavy. I didn't do the tacoma till 180k. I'd rather keep over maintain the truck than have to worry about losing time on things breaking or having any sort of trouble in the future.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

TundraTalk.net - Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum > Tundra Discussion > Tundra General Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TundraTalk.net - Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.