Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

How many of you can fit your Tundra in your garage?

121K views 249 replies 186 participants last post by  Aaron713 
#1 ·
Just curious as to how many can actually fit their trucks in their garage. I'm still debating whether to get the Tundra DC SR5. Being the neat freak I am when it comes to my cars, I would hate to make a purchase and leave it under the weather. Please post some pics. Tnx

#5 ·
I can fit my CrewMax in the garage with the tailgate down and the garage door closed and still be able to walk around it. My garage is like 25 feet deep on the sides and 30 feet deep in the center (3 car garage), with 12 foot ceilings. I think the doors are tall enough to fit the truck if it had a 12 inch lift, but I haven't measured it. I don't have many pictures of the truck in the garage. Here is one I took of the billet grill on the truck. As you can see below, it's parked all the way in the garage and you can see the door rails on the other side. There's a movable compressor on the back wall on that side of the garage, but I can park it in there and leave room in front and back to get around the truck.

The house was built by the developer who developed the entire neighborhood. He drove a long bed crew cab diesel truck and wanted it to fit in the garage. There are lots of truck owners around here so having a garage big enough to fit the truck in is somewhat common.

Reactions: willcruise
#6 ·
I Can Fit My Dbl Cab In My Garage. It Is Tight. I Have To Fold The Side Mirrors In On Both Sides To Go Into The Garage And Once I Am In I Have About 7 Inches In Both The Front And Back Of Clearance. It Is A Older Garage And Is Average Size. If Nothing Else Get A Carport And A Truck Cover.

Reactions: Redslider
#8 ·
I have an extra wide, extra deep two car garage. Bummer is it has two doors and they are not very high. I could barely squeeze my DC in from a width/height perspective if I folded the mirrors in with plenty of room to spare on length but since I put the leveling kit on it's just a smidge too high to get it in.

#11 ·
I can fit mine, mine is not lifted, but it is a long bed, but I don't have a back wall, or a door, but the weather doesn't touch it

#12 ·
The first night I came home with it I had to raise my shelves so that the front-end could fit underneath (I built the shelves, suppoted from the ceiling and wall according to my Tahoe dimensions). I have just an inch of spare-room length wise. Does anyone else have license-plate bolt-holes on the rear wall of their garage? With only an inch clearance I tend to "carress" the wall sometimes:)

#13 ·
I tried parking the beast in there last night and it didnt go well. It could fit but I gotta clean everything off the back wall and get about 2 inches from it and the g door. to close for comfort

#47 ·
Easy as 3 layer chocolate cake w/ a pint of milk ..... 30 feet wide 50 feet deep and 11 foot ceilings. The wife says its my house minus the toilet.

#18 ·
i have no lift or anything and my DC bed sits about a foot out of the garage. I wish I could park there haha

#21 ·
Mine fits, I keep it there. Otherwise, the birds have a crap orgy all over my Nautical blue finish. I do have to keep the garage very organized.

It took a while for my wife to learn how to park precisely in the garage. If either vehicle is out of place, it doesn't work. During this learning process it got so heated, I thought we were going to have to get his and her lawyers.:eek:

Reactions: Dixon Cider
#26 ·
I can't fit mine. If I only had about one more foot to spare... Luckily I have a pretty decent tree over the portion of my driveway (help fend off the inevitable hail storm). However, the birds nesting in the tree are crapping all over my bed. They may have to go!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.