Car seats, double cab, and regrets? - Page 3 - TundraTalk.net - Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of 105 (permalink) Old 02-14-2017, 07:47 PM
My Password is 1234
Premium Member

Thanked 8,617 Times in 3,471 Posts
Mentioned: 294 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2862 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by OkSlim View Post
So your situation is the only way trucks should be built? Kind of like , My way or the Highway. I wouldn't have a truck with a 5.5 bed up my ass if I had room for a freight train.
Slim in his world ammo only comes in 1 size, there is only one pill, and most important amazon isn't open after 5pm est

You wack, you're twisted, your girl's a ho

The Following User Says Thank You to fka MBD For This Useful Post:
Wacked (02-16-2017)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 105 (permalink) Old 02-14-2017, 08:55 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 173 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jordyd View Post
I went from a DC to a CM - I have a 2.5 year old. I was tired of him kicking the back of the seats, but I'm 6'3 so I have the seat all the way back. My DC was 10 years old so I wanted to upgrade anyways but it's nice having the extra room.
This. My girl is now a big 6, and still can't kick the seat in front of her. When we go to tae kwon do she can change in/out of her uniform in the back seat standing, there's that much legroom.

Road trips are a blast. Wife and daughter get first class accommodations in the back. Daddy rolls with the dog navigating on the front seat.

But admittedly, I hardly use my bed as a truck.

derp

2014 Tundra CrewMax SR5 4x4
SR5 Upgrade and TRD Offroad
Silver Sky over Graphite
DeMello Offroad Rock Crushers
post #33 of 105 (permalink) Old 02-14-2017, 09:12 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Um Toyota does make a Mini van for hauling the kids.

post #34 of 105 (permalink) Old 02-14-2017, 09:22 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 59 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynastar View Post

Yeah. That's what the wives Drive. But sometimes you need to do man shit and bring everyone with you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #35 of 105 (permalink) Old 02-14-2017, 09:26 PM
My Password is 1234
Premium Member

Thanked 8,617 Times in 3,471 Posts
Mentioned: 294 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2862 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynastar View Post
that's not allowed you don't need that, get a towable car seat. I can put mine in the hitch receiver, little dude got bug in his eye one time so I got him some toddler ski googles, so far so good since then

#thingsMBDneeds

You wack, you're twisted, your girl's a ho

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fka MBD For This Useful Post:
Tomc843 (02-15-2017), Wacked (02-16-2017)
post #36 of 105 (permalink) Old 02-14-2017, 11:24 PM

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quoted: 302 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by OkSlim View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by danh2485 View Post
I find it interesting to see all the "I can't live with less than a 6.5ft bed". I am going to call BS on almost all those claims. I have a CrewMax and the 5.5ft bed has been more than enough. Honestly, if you need more space, you should be hauling a trailer or using an 8ft bed.

Its even funnier to see these 6.5ft min bed people put toolboxes taking up valuable space.

I am sure there are a few people who really need the space, but I think they are the small minority.
So your situation is the only way trucks should be built? Kind of like , My way or the Highway. I wouldn't have a truck with a 5.5 bed up my ass if I had room for a freight train.

My thoughts as well... To the o.p. my buddy has twins age 4 plus a 40lb dog. He has a d.c. with 6.5 bed and has enough room in cab but not in the bed. We wind surf and his boards stick out his bed . that was also a jab to qouted quote . I use my 8' bed all the time. Try using the back up camera with the tail gate down. My father had a ford conversion van we could fit a 4 wheeler in and close the doors
post #37 of 105 (permalink) Old 02-14-2017, 11:54 PM

Thanked 2,022 Times in 1,316 Posts
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 427 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by the cause View Post
Yeah. But sometimes you need to do man shit and bring everyone with you

We're talking hookers & blow, right?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Crewmax LTD/RB10/BHLM/LAHM/Husky Classic Liners/Line-x/5100's/Ride Rites/Coachbuilder +2 Shackles/285/60/20 Duratracs
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to theoat For This Useful Post:
Azblue (02-15-2017), fka MBD (02-16-2017)
post #38 of 105 (permalink) Old 02-15-2017, 06:13 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Macgyver_ga View Post
We switched our son around to forward facing at around 18 months when we took our annual 10 hour trip to the beach. We just left him forward facing since then. He's 2 now (24 months...ugh I hate when people keep tracking by months once they hit 2 years old, sounds stupid). He loves it so much more than rear facing because he can see what's going on. I know they recommend waiting til at least 2 years old but honestly, that's just a recommendation. If I were driving a small car I would probably keep him rear facing but driving a full sized truck, we're probably going to win most accidents we might encounter. We aren't ridiculous overprotective helicopter parents like a lot of parents are these days, I let him eat dirt, drink out of the dog bowl, and just get into general toddler mischeif (while I'm supervising him obviously...). I see some parents who literally try to keep their child in a plastic bubble and I wonder how that child is ever going to function in real life one day.
I agree with you, but they don't suggest rear facing long as possible because of accident protection, it has to do with whiplash from the accident, rear facing their necks are supported by the seat, to each their own, I'll flip him around when the next one arrives.
post #39 of 105 (permalink) Old 02-15-2017, 06:16 AM

Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by danh2485 View Post
I find it interesting to see all the "I can't live with less than a 6.5ft bed". I am going to call BS on almost all those claims. I have a CrewMax and the 5.5ft bed has been more than enough. Honestly, if you need more space, you should be hauling a trailer or using an 8ft bed.

Its even funnier to see these 6.5ft min bed people put toolboxes taking up valuable space.

I am sure there are a few people who really need the space, but I think they are the small minority.

If the Crewmax came in a 8ft, that what I would have, its a truck first and foremost, unfortunate toyota only has one crewmax configuration.
post #40 of 105 (permalink) Old 02-15-2017, 07:30 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 59 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by theoat View Post
We're talking hookers & blow, right?

If your wives are cool with it

The Following User Says Thank You to the cause For This Useful Post:
theoat (02-15-2017)
post #41 of 105 (permalink) Old 02-15-2017, 08:17 AM

Quoted: 79 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devi8 View Post
I agree with you, but they don't suggest rear facing long as possible because of accident protection, it has to do with whiplash from the accident, rear facing their necks are supported by the seat, to each their own, I'll flip him around when the next one arrives.

I understand it's due to the whiplash protection, it's just a risk I was willing to accept based on how developed we thought our child was. Everyone has a different risk tolerance level. Congrats on your 2nd one btw! we just found out we're having another boy.

-Brad
-'14 Crewmax limited 4x4 MGM. Leer 100XR cap, dual battery setup, 6112/5100 w/ maxtrac shackles, 275/65/20 Hankook dynapro ATM, platinum grill, tow mirrors, color matched front bumper ends, White knuckle sliders.
-(TRADED) '13 Tundra Double Cab SR5 4x4:
-'12 T4R Limited 4x4 Blizzard Pearl (wife's)
-(TRADED) '06 T4R Sport Edition 4x4 (wife's)
post #42 of 105 (permalink) Old 02-15-2017, 08:20 AM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 282 Post(s)
Garage
Car seats, double cab, and regrets?

I've never had a D.C. But the crewmax is great for kids. I have an 8 year old (who's almost 5') and a 3 month old. I wanted a dc for the bed space until I got in one. We actually bought a new 4Runner 2 weeks before we found out my wife was pregnant with #2 . The day we left the hospital was the day I started shopping for a Sequoia and bought one the next week. The 4Runner was too small for the rear facing seat. I'm 6'6" and my wife is 6'. The 4 runner was tight for us anyway.

I use my truck all the time to haul stuff. If it doesn't fit in the bed with my tool box, I have a 16' trailer. The interior room is worth it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #43 of 105 (permalink) Old 02-15-2017, 08:29 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 40 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Thanks, everyone. Lots of things to consider. I think unless the financial aspect makes sense, I'll stick it out a bit. I did notice that even in my wife's 4runner, the leg room isn't much more than my DC as well. That is paid for, but we talked last night about why we both have low fuel efficient vehicles. Maybe getting a higher end tundra Crewmax (limited or platinum) would be good for the main trip vehicle, and then getting a more mid sized crossover luxury SUV for her daily use might be better as well.
post #44 of 105 (permalink) Old 02-15-2017, 08:33 AM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Im n 14 DC and wish i had gotten then CM. But as the kid gets bigger the car seat isnt as much of an issue and i do enjoy the 6.5 bed. I did make an attempt to trade my DC for CM but they wouldnt put me n the monthly payment i wanted so i called it off.

I plan to wait for the next gen Tundra so 2020 or 2021. I hope by then they have a CM with a 6.5 bed. Be the best of both worlds.
post #45 of 105 (permalink) Old 02-15-2017, 09:16 AM

Thanked 2,022 Times in 1,316 Posts
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 427 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgh-pa View Post
Thanks, everyone. Lots of things to consider. I think unless the financial aspect makes sense, I'll stick it out a bit. I did notice that even in my wife's 4runner, the leg room isn't much more than my DC as well. That is paid for, but we talked last night about why we both have low fuel efficient vehicles. Maybe getting a higher end tundra Crewmax (limited or platinum) would be good for the main trip vehicle, and then getting a more mid sized crossover luxury SUV for her daily use might be better as well.
Get her a Sienna for road trips and your main family vehicle and keep your DC.
Plenty of room for rear facing seats, decent mpg's, lot's of rear storage to keep luggage dry (including your double stroller)

We got my wife the SE, but I think if I was to do it again I'd just get an LE.
Seriously though, the Sienna is great if you have a family and is more parking lot friendly than a Tundra.
The sliding doors are great when loading/unloading kids too since you don't have to worry about dinging someone else.

Crewmax LTD/RB10/BHLM/LAHM/Husky Classic Liners/Line-x/5100's/Ride Rites/Coachbuilder +2 Shackles/285/60/20 Duratracs
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

TundraTalk.net - Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum > Tundra Discussion > Tundra General Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TundraTalk.net - Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.