LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-11-2017, 10:53 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Garage
(Thread Starter)
Picture of my 2017 Double Cab

Not a big poster on here but love to read all the time.

Finally got my new truck clean and a picture. Whopping 850 miles do far! Mods thus far are 6112's front and 5160's rear. 265 70 18 KO2's and some N-Fab steps. I have ARE CX series topper going on next week with a Bed Rug.

Leatherseats.com samples headed this way, and been reading and re-reading info on upgrading the headlights and stereo.

Had a nice day here finally, and got a picture between flights today next to my other ride....

Phil
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2729.jpg (90.7 KB, 247 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-11-2017, 11:10 PM
Administrator
Premium Member

Thanked 43,871 Times in 20,168 Posts
Mentioned: 476 Post(s)
Tagged: 5 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5116 Post(s)
Cool pic, Phil!

#blackriflesmatter #whitelivesmatter #MAGA
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-11-2017, 11:19 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Nice pic! I'm located just up the hill in Pullman. I've actually got my Tundras front and rear bumper caps down at Custom Coat in Lewiston for powder coating. I'm not a big fan of chrome so I'm eliminating it all.

Are you going to tackle the headlights yourself? I sent mine out to one of our forum sponsor that does custom HID retrofits. I don't quite trust myself enough to tackle that type of job.

Signature...

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-11-2017, 11:56 PM Thread Starter

Garage
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesco View Post
Cool pic, Phil!
Thanks,

I'm a pretty lucky guy.

Phil
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-12-2017, 12:01 AM Thread Starter

Garage
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by NervouZ View Post
Nice pic! I'm located just up the hill in Pullman. I've actually got my Tundras front and rear bumper caps down at Custom Coat in Lewiston for powder coating. I'm not a big fan of chrome so I'm eliminating it all.

Let me know how that turns out and what they charge. I was checking out powder coat colors online today.

Eventually working towards blackout as well.

Are you going to tackle the headlights yourself? I sent mine out to one of our forum sponsor that does custom HID retrofits. I don't quite trust myself enough to tackle that type of job.
I was checking out the bulbs from Headlight Revolution. Just starting to figure the whole thing out. Probably not brave enough to do more that replace parts. I am willing to do the seats when I get that far. First order of business is getting the Bed storage and such sorted out for hitting the North Fork, Kelly Creek and such.

Place to sleep, rod storage and such is in order.

Phil
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-12-2017, 01:54 AM

Thanked 2,109 Times in 1,099 Posts
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Quoted: 245 Post(s)
Huge fan of the Bell Rangers. Is it a 407? Love your truck too. I have the same one

Since we're talkin heli's, I went up last week it this 500. It's been my favorite for years, and I was thrilled for the ride. I was amazed at how nimble it is. You have a great job. 😊

post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-12-2017, 09:03 AM Thread Starter

Garage
(Thread Starter)
@Jumbo Jet

Great pic of the 500. Those are really fun to fly as well! We are a Bell shop, and we have a couple LongRangers, a Jetranger, three 205 A-1++ Super Hueys and six 407's. The ship in my picture is a 407. Not as nimble as the 500 but pretty close. It hauls a good load and is fast. We do mostly fire and other natural resource work.

Yesterday was hauling lineman into and out of a spot near Hells Canyon. Had a pole snap on a structure and with the weather they have been 5 days getting trucks into it.

Where is the picture from? I don't recognize the numbers on the ship. Not many 500's here in the states with the 4 bladed tail rotors.

From your handle I'd have to guess your in aviation as well. What part of Florida are you in? We spent 6-7 years living South of Naples on Marco Island.

Phil
The Following User Says Thank You to firepilot For This Useful Post:
Jesco (02-12-2017)
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-12-2017, 09:25 AM

Thanked 1,550 Times in 1,047 Posts
Mentioned: 61 Post(s)
Quoted: 999 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by firepilot View Post
@Jumbo Jet

Great pic of the 500. Those are really fun to fly as well! We are a Bell shop, and we have a couple LongRangers, a Jetranger, three 205 A-1++ Super Hueys and six 407's. The ship in my picture is a 407. Not as nimble as the 500 but pretty close. It hauls a good load and is fast. We do mostly fire and other natural resource work.

Yesterday was hauling lineman into and out of a spot near Hells Canyon. Had a pole snap on a structure and with the weather they have been 5 days getting trucks into it.

Where is the picture from? I don't recognize the numbers on the ship. Not many 500's here in the states with the 4 bladed tail rotors.

From your handle I'd have to guess your in aviation as well. What part of Florida are you in? We spent 6-7 years living South of Naples on Marco Island.

Phil
The photos are from the South Island of NZ where he has been vacationing for the past few weeks. If I were to guess, it was a flight to view the glaciers on the southern alps. The second photo had to have been taken on a glacier as it is currently Summer in NZ.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sent from my Atari 2600
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-12-2017, 10:36 PM

Thanked 2,109 Times in 1,099 Posts
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Quoted: 245 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by firepilot View Post
@Jumbo Jet

Phil
Jaj hit the nail on the head, lol. That was Franz Joseph, New Zealand, South Island a few days ago. First pic was on the pad, second pic was at the top of the glacier. I've had a love affair with the 500 ever since I was a kid. I could hear those 6 blades coming a mile away, such a distinct sound over any other rotor aircraft. I have never seen one either with a 4 blade tail rotor. On both pics he was just sitting at idle, so I thought it was the weird effect that the camera catches on turning rotors, but I was chatting with the pilot after the flight while he shut it down, and sure enough there were 4 blades on the tail rotor. The cockpit was strange too. No collective or cyclic on the right, only on the left. The front was pilot on the left, and two passengers seats, center and right. Rear was standard 2 seats like any other 500. My wife sat in the middle and I rode on the front right. Instead of pedals, I just had an aluminum bar to rest my feet on. It was configured for site seeing tours.

What I loved most about NZ was that there were helicopters everywhere once you got away from the big cities. I literally must have seen a dozen 500's just sitting on the side of someone's house out on a farm. I was going nuts. The roads are so windy and hilly, that if you have a few bucks, it's much easier to go from town to town in your 500, lol.

Airbus AS350's were the dominant ships out there. Those were all over the place. They could pack 6 passengers in them and they never stopped. We ate lunch in front of the pad the other day and those 350's would land, unload passengers, reload and take off all within minutes......non stop all damn day. It was crazy. Our 500 pilot said he is racking up about 200 hours around every eight weeks!

We live just outside of Orlando. But have spent a lot of time in Marco. We have good friends in Naples that I fish with a couple times a year. Had one of the best days on the water last year in front of those two old abandon, collapsing beach houses on the gulf, I'm sure you know where I'm talking about. Such a great place to fish.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-15-2017, 11:56 PM Thread Starter

Garage
(Thread Starter)
All of the light helicopters can be setup with dual controls. We put them in for training and then remove them most of the other time.

I had the 407 out working today measuring snow sites. Perfect weather and got some good pictures.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2795.jpg (167.5 KB, 29 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2784.jpg (159.0 KB, 26 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2787.jpg (137.6 KB, 22 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2759.jpg (163.2 KB, 24 views)
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-16-2017, 12:13 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
i like the KO 2's - good looking truck for sure- great pics and heli talk too
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

TundraTalk.net - Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum > Tundra Discussion > Tundra General Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TundraTalk.net - Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.