Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

Anyone do x pipe or h pipe in trd duals?

7K views 21 replies 10 participants last post by  TechHockey35 
#1 ·
Saw someone here mention such a thing would cure the helicopter sound. An aftermarket guy suggested there is no room for such a thing. Could find nothing else on the subject.

Has anyone actually done this? If so does it still do the *** *** ***?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#7 ·
My chopper noise started to go away after the first highway jaunt, and has continued to subside, and the sound/tone/volume from the exhaust has also gotten better.

Reactions: Mr. Creosote
#11 ·
Saw someone here mention such a thing would cure the helicopter sound. An aftermarket guy suggested there is no room for such a thing. Could find nothing else on the subject.

Has anyone actually done this? If so does it still do the *** *** ***?
I did a cross pipe (what you call the H pipe). I had a local muffler shop weld it in for me. It fixed the resonating sound, as you describe, which was driving me mad.

Yes, there is room (or at least is on my 2012).

#17 ·
Would adding the H Pipe be the same as or equivalent to adding the Helmholtz Resonator?

Attachments

#22 ·
I have an H pipe installed on my custom dual exhaust, which has the rear cats deleted. Huge loss in low end when i took off the rear cats. So i installed the H pipe and it helped a bunch. Im taking off my custom exhaust and putting on the dirty deeds trd rep system and it has an x pipe in it. So my "new" system will have both an H pipe (up front near where the old rear cats were) and then an X pipe down stream. I wonder how this will perform and sound. But i guess i can let ya'll know what my opinion is on having both an H & X pipe lol.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.