Finally the ordeal is over... AKA new truck time... - TundraTalk.net - Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 96 (permalink) Old 12-20-2016, 12:10 AM Thread Starter

Thanked 10,038 Times in 5,317 Posts
Mentioned: 43 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1214 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Finally the ordeal is over... AKA new truck time...

Finally, after 3 months of issues, lost sleep, walking out once, contacting the owner/gm...

2 hours at the dealership, wayyyy more paperwork than I had remembered having to sign before, along with waiting for them to wash/final prep. Salesman did a great job of keeping me from being too bored.

The new truck is mine.

IMAG2248.jpg
IMAG2250.jpg

IMAG2251.jpg

Sad day saying goodbye to the RW. Honestly, I will miss that truck a lot. Still like the looks of it, and the feel inside. Was my most favorite vehicle I have ever had.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMAG2252.jpg (206.7 KB, 552 views)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I put the Laughter in Slaughter, and the Fun in funeral.
KTM 450xc QUAD, Baldwin head, Ti valves, 8/06 cam, motoworks, goldspeed tires...
Gone/not forgotten: 2010 CM RW that was sweet,
NOW: 2017 Platinum. Tinted, trd duals, Exo Grapplers. Led h-lights and interior, Hard hat tonneau, line-x, Rancho uca/level'd
I like weapons. I dont capitalize, use spell check, or punctuate properly...
and you can call me Power.

Last edited by Powertechn2; 12-20-2016 at 12:15 AM.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Powertechn2 For This Useful Post:
Mr4wdTRD (12-21-2016), theoat (12-20-2016), Trailmoose (04-05-2017)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 96 (permalink) Old 12-20-2016, 12:13 AM
Premium Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Garage
Welcome to the club

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Christopher Solario Sr.
The Following User Says Thank You to Christopher Solario Sr. For This Useful Post:
Powertechn2 (12-20-2016)
post #3 of 96 (permalink) Old 12-20-2016, 12:28 AM

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Quoted: 598 Post(s)
Nice new rig, glad you finally got it and brought an end to it.

So...get those new tires today?

Also meant to ask you in the other thread...you planning on color matching and killing the chrome? And TRD Pro grille?

2016 Tundra - DC | Limited | TRD | 5.7 | 4x4 | Lux Pack | Ceramic Tint | Husky X-Act Contour | AMP PowerSteps | TRD Sway Bar | TRD Exhaust
The Following User Says Thank You to GreatAvalon For This Useful Post:
Powertechn2 (12-21-2016)

post #4 of 96 (permalink) Old 12-20-2016, 12:29 AM
My Password is 1234
Premium Member

Thanked 11,649 Times in 4,424 Posts
Mentioned: 257 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2636 Post(s)
Congrats bruh!

I really want a new one but since I barley put 10 miles a week on the truck I just cant justify it

You wack, you're twisted, your girl's a ho

The Following User Says Thank You to fka MBD For This Useful Post:
Powertechn2 (12-20-2016)
post #5 of 96 (permalink) Old 12-20-2016, 12:34 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladarius Demarious Tre'Davious View Post
Congrats bruh!

I really want a new one but since I barley put 10 miles a week on the truck I just cant justify it
I totally understand. With only 50k on the 2010 RW, I didn't really want to trade it in. I actually thought about keeping it and getting the new one, but wasn't really able to come up with a reason as to how that would really work out logistically.

I looked back at the last oil change I did in April, I have only put 5k on it since then... Don't really drive much I guess.

I couldn't pass up the deal, plus dealer fubar issue just had me losing sleep and totally pissed off. Along with the fact that there was still an oil leak somewhere.

I just spent a bunch of moolah$ for theoretically the same truck with leather, a bunch of tech doo-daads, sunroof, color swap, and a full 38 gallons of fuel lmfao.

Really do like the Plat, don't get me wrong. Just will take some time to get used to it.

Initial review:

Quieter on the road, which is impressive, especially considering I added a ton of fattmat to my RW.

Exhaust is wayyyy quieter, even with the TRD duals, still way quieter. No drone at all in comparison. Not sure how people say it has bad drone. I did make my own exhaust with an Aero Turbine muffler though, droned some, less than the FJ with the AFE, but damn it sounded good, this new truck is too quiet.

Seats are comfy, but need to get position right, will take weeks to get that dialed in, along with the column/steering wheel too.

Audio system, meh. Not anywhere close to what I had, but whatever. I will likely eventually swap stuff once I put some money back where I took it from.

The 20" wheels. Those suck. Feel all the bumps. Hopefully the new larger tires absorb some of that, otherwise I wasted money buying them if I want to swap back to 18" or 17"'s.

Cruising on the highway, it's great. Other than expansion joints. Bed bounce is wayy worse than the RW was.

Auto climate control. Wtf. Why does it think I want my feet to roast but my hands to freeze at 7. I don't automatically want sweaty ass feet. Have to manually turn it to feet/face or feet/dash, which is where it should automatically be at to be honest imo.

I do really love the auto dimming mirrors, not just the rearview, but the side mirrors too. Forgot how much I liked them on the LHS I had.

Heated seats are great. Can't get remote start installed till the 12th, so at least my ass will be warmer.

Can't use the sunroof yet, too cold. Also it is probably frozen shut. Dealership washed it, and brought it right out in the 14 that it was at the time. Everything froze up, wipers, mirrors, etc. Found out when I went to clean the windshield and had a 6" strip right in front of me that was just covered with frozen shitty watered down blue wiper juice, which froze as the heat was set to auto and my feet were roasting lolz.

That is it so far.

KTM 450xc QUAD, Baldwin head, Ti valves, 8/06 cam, motoworks, goldspeed tires...
NOW: 2017 Platinum. Tinted, trd duals, Exo Grapplers. Led h-lights and interior, Hard hat tonneau, line-x, Rancho uca/level'd

Last edited by Powertechn2; 12-20-2016 at 12:56 AM.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Powertechn2 For This Useful Post:
Bimmerburner (12-20-2016), fka MBD (12-20-2016), Nootherids (01-03-2017)
post #6 of 96 (permalink) Old 12-20-2016, 07:51 AM

Thanked 2,901 Times in 1,781 Posts
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 539 Post(s)
Nice ride. I bet a few sand bags in the back will change the ride a lot. And give you a little peace of mind. My 08 is only 45k so I feel you on keeping it. I plan on keeping mine at least until they come out with a 3rd gen and then I can decide if I want a 3rd or left over 2.5 gen.
Options are nice but if you keep vehicles long enough then you get expensive repairs.
So what is first on your upgrade plan?
The Following User Says Thank You to volleyball For This Useful Post:
Powertechn2 (12-20-2016)
post #7 of 96 (permalink) Old 12-20-2016, 09:29 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 57 Post(s)
I feel your pain bro. Was in same boat. SOLD my 2011 rock warrior. Couldn't pass up offer I got for it. Bought new 2017 limited. I seriously almost pulled out of deal I loved my old truck so much and knew I was going to lose some features even with a limited. (Reclining rear seats, exhaust, stereo, grab handle). But I am so glad I did. I LOVE the ride of new one. Even lifted 6" I'm much much smoother. Will be installing helwig rear sway bar to hopefully help with rear and grab handle going on also. Nice looking truck. You made right choice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2017 Limited Crewmax TRD 4x4 Super White
6" readylift w/billstein 5100 rear shocks
Fuel Mavericks 20x9 +20
Toyo RT 35x12.50x20
Retrax one mx bed cover
Bedrug bed and tailgate mat
Tows 2017 forest river Cherokee 274dbh
The Following User Says Thank You to kfcflores For This Useful Post:
Powertechn2 (12-20-2016)
post #8 of 96 (permalink) Old 12-20-2016, 11:02 AM
Premium Member

Thanked 2,904 Times in 1,876 Posts
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Quoted: 1265 Post(s)
Garage
Dechrome asap. ��

Nice rig

Ya I agree on the auto climate, roasts your feet, they need to offer a blend mode while in auto mode

And ya 20"s suck, I had 18" with 33" tires added before I left the dealer

Welcome to the plat club !!

2016 Tundra Platinum Crewmax 4x4

2013 Ram Sport 4x4, 8-speed, 3.92, 5.7, 4x4, Borla exhaust
2010 LTD Tundra DC, 4x4 RW Wheels 33" Cooper ST Maxx
2001 tundra Access Cab 4x4
2000 tundra Access Cab 4x4
1998 Tacoma extended cab 4x4
1997 Tacoma regular cab 4x4
1995.5 Tacoma regular cab 4x4
The Following User Says Thank You to Breathing Borla For This Useful Post:
Powertechn2 (12-20-2016)
post #9 of 96 (permalink) Old 12-20-2016, 11:31 AM
Premium Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 52 Post(s)
Beautiful truck Power! I have a 16 identical to it but I'm leaving the Plat club today as my new Limited is in and will be ready this evening if I can get off in time. I'm going to miss some of the Plat features but the new rig has the premium options upgrade that will give me some of them back. Too bad they couldn't do anything for me on the seats or I would have kept it. Going to miss the cool headlights.

The Moose is Loose !

Bronze Tundra Bliss
The Following User Says Thank You to kmoose For This Useful Post:
Powertechn2 (12-20-2016)
post #10 of 96 (permalink) Old 12-20-2016, 11:42 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 269 Post(s)
If I want the air blend differently on mine: It will change with just 1 or 2 degree change of the temp knob. Example: If I think it is putting out too much heat on the floor on 72, then move it to 73 and get some warm air out the top too.

Perhaps the best auto HAVC on any vehicle I owned; including the Acura's and Lexus.

I was a little shocked that it failed (air blend motor burned out) at a very early age (air blend froze my feet); but the dealer got it fixed like new again.

2014 CM Limited 4x4 FFV
Off Road Pkg
Spray In Liner - Gulf States
KG Steps
JBL Upgraded Entune
Lux Pkg
The Following User Says Thank You to BigTexTundra For This Useful Post:
Powertechn2 (12-20-2016)
post #11 of 96 (permalink) Old 12-20-2016, 11:52 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Breathing Borla View Post
Dechrome asap. ��

Nice rig

Ya I agree on the auto climate, roasts your feet, they need to offer a blend mode while in auto mode

And ya 20"s suck, I had 18" with 33" tires added before I left the dealer

Welcome to the plat club !!
Pretty sure some of the anti-chrome bits will be under the tree, didn't really have anything else to ask for hahaha.

Tires getting put on today in about 2 hours. They said it was a 2 hour wait, I said put me down and I will be by in an hour to cut the wait down. Hate just sitting there.

Hoping the larger tires tame the chop a bit.

post #12 of 96 (permalink) Old 12-20-2016, 12:00 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 133 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powertechn2 View Post
Finally, after 3 months of issues, lost sleep, walking out once, contacting the owner/gm...

2 hours at the dealership, wayyyy more paperwork than I had remembered having to sign before, along with waiting for them to wash/final prep. Salesman did a great job of keeping me from being too bored.

The new truck is mine.

Sad day saying goodbye to the RW. Honestly, I will miss that truck a lot. Still like the looks of it, and the feel inside. Was my most favorite vehicle I have ever had.
What happened at the dealer that caused so many issues? Why didn't you just walk and go somewhere else or use the internet to buy one? I am definitely using the internet method to avoid all contact with salespeople and manager BS.

Actively waiting on the funds to buy my first Tundra. Now accepting Paypal funds to help out if you're generous
The Following User Says Thank You to pmd1969 For This Useful Post:
Powertechn2 (12-20-2016)
post #13 of 96 (permalink) Old 12-20-2016, 12:01 PM

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Quoted: 598 Post(s)
Looking forward to seeing pics of the tires

2016 Tundra - DC | Limited | TRD | 5.7 | 4x4 | Lux Pack | Ceramic Tint | Husky X-Act Contour | AMP PowerSteps | TRD Sway Bar | TRD Exhaust
The Following User Says Thank You to GreatAvalon For This Useful Post:
Powertechn2 (12-20-2016)
post #14 of 96 (permalink) Old 12-20-2016, 12:08 PM

Quoted: 57 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmd1969 View Post
What happened at the dealer that caused so many issues? Why didn't you just walk and go somewhere else or use the internet to buy one? I am definitely using the internet method to avoid all contact with salespeople and manager BS.

Agreed!! I use the internet and pit dealers against each other. Once I get price locked in....go to dealership...do walk around, test drive. Sign papers leave. Under an hour. Plus the Internet-fleet managers don't care about so much commission. Pretty much can get invoice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2017 Limited Crewmax TRD 4x4 Super White
6" readylift w/billstein 5100 rear shocks
Fuel Mavericks 20x9 +20
Toyo RT 35x12.50x20
Retrax one mx bed cover
Bedrug bed and tailgate mat
Tows 2017 forest river Cherokee 274dbh
The Following User Says Thank You to kfcflores For This Useful Post:
Powertechn2 (12-20-2016)
post #15 of 96 (permalink) Old 12-20-2016, 02:03 PM

Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Spent 2 1/2 hrs this morning getting through the bs on the 1794 I just traded for. Have to admit it could have been much worse but the guy I dealt with, dealer asst manager, was great to deal with; we discussed the tranny issue, as the dash display showed up again, and his response was "don't worry about it, won't queer the deal", which I thought was great

2016 1794 Edition
TRD exhaust( at least temporarily)
Silver Sky
Hope it lasts as long as my '07
No mods; I'm broke
The Following User Says Thank You to oldtimer For This Useful Post:
Powertechn2 (12-20-2016)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

TundraTalk.net - Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum > Tundra Discussion > Tundra General Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TundraTalk.net - Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.