2007-trade or keep it - Page 2 - TundraTalk.net - Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #16 of 48 (permalink) Old 10-24-2016, 09:22 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 163 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 93cruiser View Post
Thank you for identifying yourself as the forum idiot, its good to get this type of info on my first posting.

Maybe you should have made up with your boyfriend before replying to my post, which was not a problem as you state, but a question looking for opinions. You seem very angry, I'm sorry he treats you like that. Does he call you names? Beat you? Too rough on you last night? If so, its ok, .........if you act like this at home, like you do on this forum, you deserve it. Don't worry, I;m sure you forcefully made up in between gags, or you will soon. There is help for angry people like you, don't let your boyfriend make the decisions for you buddy.

The only problem is, you obviously have serious problems. Last time I checked, this is a forum that people can post to, looking for answers or opinions. Do you need to try to control the forum since you have no control over your boyfriend? Sad

As for lunch, I'm thinking we are on a different diet. Remember, you are what you eat, and I'm sure you had your fill on lunch today. I could presume so much more, like you presumed about my wife making decisions, but if I made more presumptions about you, I may start to get inaccurate.

To everyone else, thank you for the responses.
Might consider trading it in on a new sense of humor. Dude was just being funny. lighten up.

That said, It sounds like you've had more trouble than I would expect for that mileage. I'd definitely be considering getting rid of it before the next shoe drops.

Choose to chance the rapids. Dare to dance the tide.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to bobeast For This Useful Post:
badmotofing3r (12-30-2016), Homewrecker9 (10-31-2016), riccnick (10-29-2016), RIjon (10-31-2016)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 48 (permalink) Old 10-24-2016, 09:40 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1lowlife View Post
I'd get a new truck.
They are trying to get rid of 2016s, offering rebates and 0% interest.

If you think you're going to get $17000 for your truck, you better sell it yourself.
I don't think a dealer will come anywhere close to that on a trade-in.
You're not going get back the money you spent for repairs.

Good luck Bro..
When I looked up my 08 4runner two years ago, it was 14500 high price. I got 14, as I tend to keep them in nice shape, wont go lower, and dont bring trade into price until new car price is settled. I got 2000 under invoice, which included 750 back from toyota incentive, the .9 financing as well, and top trade on my last deal 2 years ago for my wifes rav4. I'm looking for similar or forget it. I do hear what you are saying though.

And yea, stepping down from the 08 4runner to the rav4 sucked, but the 4runner had a lot of miles and was hit from behind at a light. After being fixed, it was just not 100 percent although close. So decided to trade and take out a loan for basically coffee money per month on her rav4. It is almost like a throw away after use, and was cheap.
post #18 of 48 (permalink) Old 10-24-2016, 09:53 PM

Thanked 2,846 Times in 1,750 Posts
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 512 Post(s)
Mommy he thinks I am his type. Trying to make fun of me. Bo Ho Ho.
Sorry you cannot get a boyfriend as hard as you might try. But with your anger issues, I may see the problem.
I think you won't go far.
We don't know a thing about you except you have a tundra, how the heck do you think you are going to get any answers any more useful than mine? If someone says something you like they are a genius and anyone dare fault your logic then they are automatically same sex disposed? Yeah you will go far.

post #19 of 48 (permalink) Old 10-24-2016, 09:56 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobeast View Post
Might consider trading it in on a new sense of humor. Dude was just being funny. lighten up.

That said, It sounds like you've had more trouble than I would expect for that mileage. I'd definitely be considering getting rid of it before the next shoe drops.
No way, as you can see my humor is one of a kind, trade in value is not even in the books. What volleyball said just wasnt funny, maybe thats why I didn't get it.

I am leaning towards new, but only at the numbers I provided. Deciding by the end of this month.
post #20 of 48 (permalink) Old 10-24-2016, 10:54 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by volleyball View Post
Mommy he thinks I am his type. Trying to make fun of me. Bo Ho Ho.
Sorry you cannot get a boyfriend as hard as you might try. But with your anger issues, I may see the problem.
I think you won't go far.
We don't know a thing about you except you have a tundra, how the heck do you think you are going to get any answers any more useful than mine? If someone says something you like they are a genius and anyone dare fault your logic then they are automatically same sex disposed? Yeah you will go far.
I gave all the info about my tundra along with issues, money paid, money on repairs, numbers on pricing for both trade and new. Don't back track now.

I was looking for logical opinions, which everyone else gave but you. So its not that I disagreed with you, you just were a whatever and gave zero opinion.

Have fun playing volleyball with your friends.
post #21 of 48 (permalink) Old 10-25-2016, 06:25 PM
SP
Premium Member

Thanked 4,266 Times in 2,198 Posts
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 376 Post(s)
Garage
keep it payments suck!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2014 CM 5.7L 1794 edition
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Front tint*OEM look alike Brushed steps*GENSSI® ELITE G7 H4 Led's*morimoto LED fogs(excellent)*interior canbus LED's*Husky Floor Liners*Trd Pro grill and color matched front end*TRD sway bar*LowPro Rollup Tonneau cover*20 inch Black Rhino black wheels*Sotck nit size terra graplers*Bully Dog tuner AWESOME*
The Following User Says Thank You to SP For This Useful Post:
theoat (10-29-2016)
post #22 of 48 (permalink) Old 10-28-2016, 11:42 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Well I decided I am keeping it for now. Will be changing the oil this weekend, as usual for winter. 9k or so later, usually May, I will decide on what I will then do. Probably change the oil and ride out the tires I hope. Unless they release something new, I am going to hold.
The Following User Says Thank You to 93cruiser For This Useful Post:
theoat (10-29-2016)
post #23 of 48 (permalink) Old 10-29-2016, 01:49 AM
Premium Member

Thanked 1,282 Times in 893 Posts
Mentioned: 43 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 767 Post(s)
Quote:
Well I decided I am keeping it for now. Will be changing the oil this weekend, as usual for winter. 9k or so later, usually May, I will decide on what I will then do. Probably change the oil and ride out the tires I hope. Unless they release something new, I am going to hold.
Good..
I'd still have my 05 Tundra if NTB wouldn't have screwed up a spindle on a simple wheel/tire purchase.

But after that fiasco, wife and I felt it was time for a new truck.

Never, ever let NTB touch any of your vehicles...

NTB - National Tire & Battery Auto Centers

Learn it, know it, live it.
2014 Tundra Double Cab TSS SR5 5.7
Official Magnetic Grey Club # 305
Texas Tundra Group #183
The Following User Says Thank You to 1lowlife For This Useful Post:
theoat (10-29-2016)
post #24 of 48 (permalink) Old 10-29-2016, 08:06 AM

Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Just saw this after you declared your decision, but I'll chime in anyway.

I was in the "keep it" camp up until the point I read about the coolant loss. If the lost coolant is not leaking out onto the engine or the ground, and it's not in the oil, then it's going out the tailpipe. There's only a couple ways that can happen that I can think of: Either a failing head gasket or a cracked head. It's happening enough that you notice it. It won't self-heal; and chances are the problem won't remain at the same level of inconvenience.

If it was me, and it's not, but if it was, I'd actively pursue a replacement truck now. And I'd trade it in rather than an outright sale. Let the dealer, who has the staff the staff and capability to go over the truck well deal with it, rather than sell to a private party.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to IamRay For This Useful Post:
riccnick (10-29-2016), theoat (10-29-2016)
post #25 of 48 (permalink) Old 10-29-2016, 01:14 PM

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 282 Post(s)
Garage
Trade it in. You should disclose coolant loss to a private party imho. Dealership should know better. Surprised nobody mentioned the rust issue or are not worried about that also

[SIGPC][/SIGPIC]
post #26 of 48 (permalink) Old 10-29-2016, 04:25 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Regarding the coolant loss, I forgot to mention after shutdown, and walking by the front of the truck, you can smell something. Smells like hot coolant, or coolant burning, its hard to explain.
Ive kept it running, looking for a pin hole leak under pressure, but can't find anything. I figured it is burning it, but why the smell up front then? The engine is sealed, and the exhaust should exhaust it outback.
I am second guessing myself on keeping it, but then when I think trade it, I second guess that as well.

It really comes down to do I take this truck to the 15 year mark, or do I take the next one to 15 years. I am 42, and in my plans are the purchase of only one more truck until I reach 57. At 57, prior to retiring at 62, I will buy another while still working. So with one more purchase until age 57, I was thinking hold this and hope for a new release, and it would be 11 years with this, and 14 years next truck, or 12 here then 13 in next, depending when toyota does a new release. I have to keep in mind if I were to buy now, that would mean basically driving the same design/truck for 25 years.
post #27 of 48 (permalink) Old 10-29-2016, 04:40 PM

Thanked 1,988 Times in 1,290 Posts
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 385 Post(s)
Personally if I were you and wanted peace of mind before deciding to keep it, I think I would take it in to an independent shop to diagnose the coolant loss.
If it's the rad or a pinhole in a hose, etc and you are still content with the truck, make the repair if it's a reasonable cost and hold out to see if 2018 is the magic year.

If it turns out major, start poking around at dealers. By middle of November if you found what you want, get serious and close the deal near the end of the month and ditch your current on trade in.
Only thing better than closing the deal at the end November is doing in in December, but then you risk not finding what you want.

Crewmax LTD/NFAB SS/BHLM/LAHM/Husky Classic Liners/Line-x/Skyjacker 3" struts/Skyjacker 0-2 rears/Coachbuilder +2 Shackles/285/60/20 Duratracs
post #28 of 48 (permalink) Old 10-29-2016, 06:38 PM

Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Quote:
Regarding the coolant loss, I forgot to mention after shutdown, and walking by the front of the truck, you can smell something. Smells like hot coolant, or coolant burning, its hard to explain.
Ive kept it running, looking for a pin hole leak under pressure, but can't find anything. I figured it is burning it, but why the smell up front then? The engine is sealed, and the exhaust should exhaust it outback.
I am second guessing myself on keeping it, but then when I think trade it, I second guess that as well.

It really comes down to do I take this truck to the 15 year mark, or do I take the next one to 15 years. I am 42, and in my plans are the purchase of only one more truck until I reach 57. At 57, prior to retiring at 62, I will buy another while still working. So with one more purchase until age 57, I was thinking hold this and hope for a new release, and it would be 11 years with this, and 14 years next truck, or 12 here then 13 in next, depending when toyota does a new release. I have to keep in mind if I were to buy now, that would mean basically driving the same design/truck for 25 years.
Well, it sounds like you're going to find out about that coolant leak, one way or the other. Several possibilities

- You find it

- You take it someplace and get it diagnosed

- You decide to trade and the dealership smells it and tells you and lowers their offer in response

- You decide to keep it and "let it ride" and the truck tells you when it's broke hard, hopefully not in a bad place.

As for the release of a new design, who knows? I've never been one to greatly desire the latest/greatest, but that's a personal preference. When it comes to vehicles, tried and true reliability is key to me. I'd still have my 2000 Tundra SR5 TRD if a deer hadn't changed my mind for me early one morning last summer. And I'd be happy with it. Man, I loved that old truck.
post #29 of 48 (permalink) Old 10-29-2016, 07:41 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1lowlife View Post
Good..
I'd still have my 05 Tundra if NTB wouldn't have screwed up a spindle on a simple wheel/tire purchase.

But after that fiasco, wife and I felt it was time for a new truck.

Never, ever let NTB touch any of your vehicles...

NTB - National Tire & Battery Auto Centers
Damn, that blows. WTF happened? I had an 05 for 2.5 years, 45k. I had to lemon law it, toyota could never fix the brakes, would shake like crazy every 1K-5K. Dealer told me to lemon law it after replacing rotors multiple times, and then the entire brake system multiple times, with no cure.

I first reported the problem at 700 miles. I never knew how this lemon law worked, but I thankfully found out. I received all of my money back, minus 800 dollars. I received a check for 21000 which was everything I paid in 2.5 years including down payment, payments made, sales tax, finance charges, minus 800 bucks. It was decided my truck depreciated 800 bucks in 700 miles, and that I was only responsible for the time the truck did not have problems. So I then got the 07.

I did like the 05, and if I didnt have the problems, I would have kept it
post #30 of 48 (permalink) Old 10-31-2016, 03:29 AM

Quoted: 84 Post(s)
Question in general about coolant loss. Is it normal to loose any coolant at all due to evaporation etc over the years? Even if it is a few ounces over the course of 6 or more years.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

TundraTalk.net - Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum > Tundra Discussion > Tundra General Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TundraTalk.net - Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.