Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

2016 SR5 to 2014 Platinum?

3K views 16 replies 13 participants last post by  Yamaha0343 
#1 · (Edited)
I have a 2016 SR5 Sunset Bronze Mica CM with Entune Audio Plus and everything else that an SR5 should have. I've also added roll tonneau cover, remote start, platinum wheels, weathertech mats, K&N filter, magnaflow muffler and tint. I currently have 11k miles on it. I've found a Super white 2014 Platinum CM with NAV and all of the other Platinum "stuff" for a decent price locally. However, it has 62k miles and they are currently asking $33k. I generally stay in cars for 2 to 3 years. Would it make any sense at all to trade my SR5 for the Platinum? I can install stuff all day long, but in the end it will never be a platinum as far as book value/resale goes.

edit: Also, the platinum does not have Remote Start or any exhaust mods, so I would have to do those again.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
No, I wouldn't do it.....
I would guess you're going to lose more now in depreciation on your trade-in then when you eventually get rid of the Platinum.
I use my phone for nav and don't need the princess Platinum upgrades.
Besides, your current truck is better looking IMHO.
YMMV.................

#4 ·
Nope.

Reactions: theoat
#9 ·
Lol, sorry about that. Not sure how that picture loaded upside down. I've decided to leave it and keep what I have. The more I drive it, the more I think I may keep this one for a while. One other negative that I found on the white platinum is that it does not have the 38 gallon tank (not that I've ever gotten close to putting 35 in my truck). Thanks for the replies!

#11 ·
If advice on this forum is not to spend money, you should accept that advice because it's rare (pretty much don't do a stupid money losing truck trade-in).

If you ask, "should I do this expensive mod" the answer will be YES !!! :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Reactions: Powertechn2
#14 ·
No! Just add leather to your truck. Jbl in the platinum sucks anyway. Be smart don't trade it.

#15 ·
Nooooooooooo dont do it

Reactions: Powertechn2
#16 ·
The only features I really care for on the Platinum are

BSM
Cross traffic alert
Front and rear parking sensors
Paint patched bumpers
Memory seats
Power fold mirrors

If you can go without those then skip the platinum. I actually wanted a Pro but there were none available. The ones that were available cost more than the platinum which I refuse to pay for.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.