Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

Wet Okole input please

5K views 11 replies 11 participants last post by  H2O MAN 
#1 ·
So I purchased my third Tundra in May - a gorgeous double cab limited. I wanted all the bells and whistles on a limited and thought the leather seats would be a bonus.

6,000 miles later I can't stand how hard/firm the seats are - my legs go numb if I drive more than two hours. It is so bad i actually sat in an SR5 yesterday and was close to trading in my truck.

I guess I could buy cloth front seat, but that would seem cheesy.

Would the Wet Okoles give me a small degree of comfort as they are supposed to have some foam padding? Any other thoughts?

Thanks!
Jack

#4 ·
I've got WetOkoles in an SR5 and the seat was horrible before I put them on and they are horrible after I put them on. To me it does not feel like they added any padding.

I love almost everything about the seat covers but I don't think they are a bandaid for an uncomfortable seat.

The only thing I don't like is that extra "padding" pushes the passenger seat up a bit and makes it too tall for me. Not a big deal as I am almost always the one doing the driving, but I get to stare at the visor if I decided to have an extra drink and let my wife drive.

#5 ·
I've been running them on my Tacoma for 5 years. The fit and finish is fantastic and they make a great product. I've got 5 years of use and about 140k miles on them. This is what I've concluded about them so far.

1. I took my seats out to install them. It was easier for me and I was able to make sure they fit properly.

2. If you live in a warm environment or travel long distances regularly, I have two words. Swamp ass. These seat covers are waterproof and don't breath. This is the biggest reason why I will probably not be getting another set. Long trips, even with the AC on, my butt and back sweat on these covers. Requires frequent cleaning because of this.

3. Over the course of time the neoprene colors will fade slightly. You can tell on the parts that's have been exposed to the sun. Also, after the time and use, my driver seat shows wear from from getting in and out. I've worn through the neoprene on the outside edge of the seat bottom and will need a replacement cover. Better the cover than the seat itself though.

4. They're fairly easy to clean and I don't worry about throwing wet gear on my seats at all. The protection is top notch. One thing that is a pain to clean off them is dog hair...then again I'm a little anal when it comes to clean.

5. I like the options that you can get with them. You can really outfit these seat covers with just about anything you can imagine on a seat cover.

6. The fit is like a stock seat. Most people that get in my truck dobt even realize that there are seat covers.

Overall I'm happy with the product and would promote them to anybody. If you have any questions about them, feel free to ask. Aside from what I've pointed out, they're great.

#6 ·
I love mine, they are tough as hell and look amazing. Oddly, and contrary to some others, I've never felt that they were any hotter than the stock seats. Very comfortable.

Here is the seat cover from the back side. There is about a quarter inch of foam behind the neoprene.

The fit is fantastic.

#7 ·
Ive had several sets of wet okoles...no swamp ass, ever...they will fade over time...they fit better than anything else on the market...they are comfy...would continue to buy them...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.