Let my dealership "wash" my truck - Page 2 - TundraTalk.net - Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #16 of 51 (permalink) Old 09-11-2016, 06:32 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 79 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DallasTundra! View Post
I've had the dealer car wash experience also. They now put the "do not wash" cardboard sign on the dash when it goes in for service.

This is how it should have been done:

https://youtu.be/oXXC6aD3Dkc
Are they washing the car or themselves?? Either I enjoyed it.

Sent from my HTC6515LVW using Tapatalk

2011 RW CM
Tint all around
3/1 Level
35x12.50r17 Goodyear MTR with Kevlar
Black Bullbar

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 51 (permalink) Old 09-12-2016, 11:44 AM

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
The dealership I go to always asks and I decline. So instead of washing it they give me a voucher for a laser wash down the road.

2014 CM Magnetic Gray, SR5 Package, Undercover SE bed cover, Husky Weatherbeater floor mats, Interior LED light conversion, LED foot well lights, LED license plate and bed light conversion, LED Glow 8 piece bed lights, Dee Zee NXc running boards

KCCO
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #18 of 51 (permalink) Old 09-14-2016, 02:04 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 40 Post(s)
That's the result of hard water then drying in the heat. Is your dealership an older one?

I'm usually the only one who washes my truck but I have let the dealership here wash it a few times. My truck is black so I would know right away if they put swirls in it. They have a touchless wash that does a great job. I know because I have looked at few that were done before I ever decided to let the do it.

I also let them do my wifes Sienna when we take it in for an oil change.

I will never use a car wash with the brushes.

Black 2012 Crewmax SR5. Backlfip G2 bed cover and Autotain headrest DVD players. LED bed lights, cargo lights, interior lights and step bar lights.

Proud to be an official member of "The roll your Rear window down because the Truck behind you can't do it" club.
The Following User Says Thank You to kennedyzdad For This Useful Post:
CamoBlaze (09-17-2016)

post #19 of 51 (permalink) Old 09-14-2016, 06:45 AM

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennedyzdad View Post
That's the result of hard water then drying in the heat. Is your dealership an older one?

I'm usually the only one who washes my truck but I have let the dealership here wash it a few times. My truck is black so I would know right away if they put swirls in it. They have a touchless wash that does a great job. I know because I have looked at few that were done before I ever decided to let the do it.

I also let them do my wifes Sienna when we take it in for an oil change.

I will never use a car wash with the brushes.
kennedyzdad you nailed it! Definitely hard water and drying in the heat on a hot day will have that result!

2012 DC 4x4 Pyrite Mica, 17" TRD Rock Warrior Wheels
Toyo 285/70 AT2s, Chrome/Tow/Convenience packages, 10" BA Muffler(no resonator), K&N Drop-In, TRD Intake Flow Accelerator, Bilstein 5100s all around(front on middle setting), Line XBed deck rail system/adjustable cleats, Coverking Neospreme front seat covers,Tundra All-Weather floor mats, Under-seat Storage Tray, 3" ATS nerf bars, 13" Antenna, Door Sill Protesctors, LEDs in Cab-bed light-license plate.
post #20 of 51 (permalink) Old 09-14-2016, 07:27 AM

+1 for the touchless automatic wash.

2014 CM Magnetic Gray, SR5 Package, Undercover SE bed cover, Husky Weatherbeater floor mats, Interior LED light conversion, LED foot well lights, LED license plate and bed light conversion, LED Glow 8 piece bed lights, Dee Zee NXc running boards

KCCO
post #21 of 51 (permalink) Old 09-14-2016, 08:49 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 123 Post(s)
Garage
(Thread Starter)
I agree that hard water will leave spots like this, but the truck was still wet when I got it back. It was soap residue. like they sprayed soap on it and couldnt be bothered to rinse it.
post #22 of 51 (permalink) Old 09-14-2016, 11:07 AM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmb View Post
I've seen the shoprags the washmonkeys use to clean our trucks at my dealership, so NOBODY washes it but me.
Dont your dealers use an automatic car wash? Ours has it integrated in the bay where you drop off your car/truck. they drive straight into it from the receiving area

2014 Tundra Platinum
post #23 of 51 (permalink) Old 09-15-2016, 12:59 AM
Premium Member
Premium Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Garage
Took mine in the first oil change and they asked if I wanted it washed. I said, "sure, why not?" Well, never again. It came out clean, but wet and as I drive home the water spots appeared. Had to take it the next day to my usual car wash to get it really cleaned and SPOTLESS. They didn't hurt anything, but it sure was spotted...

2016 Tundra Platinum CM Silver Sky Metallic

AMP PowerSteps, Extang Solid fold 2.0, Bedrug bed & tailgate mat, Pop & Lock Tailgate Lock, Salex console organizer, OEM console tray,
ESP rear seat storage, VLEDs cabin/backup/cargo, TRD rear sway bar, skid plate, shift knob & wheels, Michelin Defender 275/65R18, Aries 3D floor mats, Xpel paint protection & tint on all windows incl. windshield/sun roof, Driver's side grab handle
Platinum #36, Silver Sky Tundra #221
post #24 of 51 (permalink) Old 09-15-2016, 01:31 AM

Thanked 10,016 Times in 5,304 Posts
Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Quoted: 1198 Post(s)
We bought an old dealership. Had an automated wash bay, it was removed. Also had a water softner and a filter. We have really hard water.

The softened and filtered water lines were only ran to the wash bay.

Most of the dealerships here have a porter that hand washes, with brushes. Hence I always say no wash please.

I put the Laughter in Slaughter, and the Fun in funeral.
KTM 450xc QUAD, Baldwin head, Ti valves, 8/06 cam, motoworks, goldspeed tires...
Gone/not forgotten: 2010 CM RW that was sweet,
NOW: 2017 Platinum. Tinted, trd duals, Exo Grapplers. Led h-lights and interior, Hard hat tonneau, line-x, Rancho uca/level'd
I like weapons. I dont capitalize, use spell check, or punctuate properly...
and you can call me Power.
post #25 of 51 (permalink) Old 09-15-2016, 02:36 AM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Wow that's bad hopefully they do better job at the free oil change lol
post #26 of 51 (permalink) Old 09-15-2016, 03:56 AM
cmb
Premium Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 119 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dentifrice View Post
Dont your dealers use an automatic car wash? Ours has it integrated in the bay where you drop off your car/truck. they drive straight into it from the receiving area
Haven't been back in a year or two, so they may've went "automated" by now.Gave up on my dealership, since one of the Techs' took my truck out for a joy-ride, while I was there waiting for one of their "free" oil changes.
post #27 of 51 (permalink) Old 09-17-2016, 07:21 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by coryatver View Post
Wow that's bad hopefully they do better job at the free oil change lol
HA HA HA funny you say that since they left my skid plate loose at my 1st 5k oil change!!

I also had a similar experience with the "free" wash. I also had a dirty strip in the middle of the hood where I guess they were too short to reach.

2016 Tundra Limited Premium TRD Off Road 4x4
2016 Tundra 1794 Edition 4x4

(No AFM, No MDS, and NO Eco-Boost! Only Real V8 Trucks sit in my Driveway!)

post #28 of 51 (permalink) Old 09-17-2016, 09:36 PM

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Quoted: 595 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitebuffalo View Post
HA HA HA funny you say that since they left my skid plate loose at my 1st 5k oil change!!
Yep. And then tightened it up, minus 2 or 3 bolts. Combined with oil from hands left on the steering wheel. That was all on my 2014. On my current 2016, they aren't touching it except for warranty work.

2016 Tundra - DC | Limited | TRD | 5.7 | 4x4 | Lux Pack | Ceramic Tint | Husky X-Act Contour | AMP PowerSteps | TRD Sway Bar | TRD Exhaust
post #29 of 51 (permalink) Old 09-17-2016, 09:40 PM
SP
Premium Member

Thanked 4,298 Times in 2,222 Posts
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 389 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ccla View Post
Went in for scheduled maintenance and they asked if I wanted them to wash it. Sure I said.

Don't do it. The whole truck looks like this now. It was cleaner going in.
this is just sad

2014 CM 5.7L 1794 edition
Front tint(removed its illegal now in NYS)*OEM look alike Brushed steps*GENSSI ELITE G7 H4 Led's*morimoto LED fogs(excellent)*interior canbus LED's*Husky Floor Liners*Trd Pro grill and color matched front end*TRD sway bar*LowPro Rollup Tonneau cover*20 inch Black Rhino black wheels*Sotck nit size terra graplers*Bully Dog tuner AWESOME*
post #30 of 51 (permalink) Old 09-17-2016, 10:14 PM

You guys are scaring the hell out of me. I'm gonna be one paranoid SOB when I hit 5k miles!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

TundraTalk.net - Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum > Tundra Discussion > Tundra General Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TundraTalk.net - Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.