Double Cab or Crew Max? That is the question - TundraTalk.net - Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
#1 (permalink) Old 01-24-2008, 08:40 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Double Cab or Crew Max? That is the question

Torn between getting a Double Cab or Crew Max and I'm weighing my options. The biggest reason for me wanting to get a Crew Max is because I can get a sunroof and it has the power rear window. What, in your opinion has sold more to date, Double Cab or Crew Max? I know it's kind of expensive to buy a CM, just to get the sunroof and power rear window. Anybody want to put their 2 cents in, and try and help me with this decision making process? Which of the two do you think would resell faster a few years down the road if I did decide to sell?

Would love to hear what you guys have to say or your experiences.

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 01-24-2008, 08:52 AM

I have the CM because that is what I needed for my 2 Sons. With that being said, I personally think the DC is a slightly better looking truck epically with the 8' bed package.
#3 (permalink) Old 01-24-2008, 10:10 AM
"Toy Master"
Premium Member

how tall are you? the sunroof takes away headroom. I'm 6' and have only about 2 inches of clearance between me and the headliner (no sunroof).

the power rear window would be awesome. the sliding rear window in the DC is small.

I got the DC because I needed a full size bed, and that was only available on the DC in 07. I've had adults ride back there, and there is plenty of room. (not as much as the CM though).

So far, very happy with the DC
#4 (permalink) Old 01-24-2008, 10:43 AM

Thanked 1,841 Times in 1,057 Posts
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 95 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by fahqu View Post
Torn between getting a Double Cab or Crew Max and I'm weighing my options. The biggest reason for me wanting to get a Crew Max is because I can get a sunroof and it has the power rear window. What, in your opinion has sold more to date, Double Cab or Crew Max? I know it's kind of expensive to buy a CM, just to get the sunroof and power rear window. Anybody want to put their 2 cents in, and try and help me with this decision making process? Which of the two do you think would resell faster a few years down the road if I did decide to sell?

Would love to hear what you guys have to say or your experiences.

Thanks
Right now in my area CM models are selling like crazy. I personally got the Double Cab model because I wanted the 6 foot bed, the power rear window really isn't a concern for me, I've always had manual sliding rear windows, and never had a problem with them failing so no big deal there. I also got the Tundra Grade, in order to get the bench seat in the front.

Doesn't matter which one you get, people are still going to stare at your truck. Even people that drive older 1st generation Tundra's stare at the new ones.

Personally I think that the CM models will sell faster and retain a slightly higher resale value just for the fact that everyone wants one. Plus my dealer said that they are pushing the CM Tundra over SUV's for soccer moms.
#5 (permalink) Old 01-24-2008, 10:58 AM
"Señor Member"

I love my CM, especially the sliding rear window. I don't have the sunroof, they didn't have one with a sunroof in black like I wanted so I settled for no sunroof. Which I never would of used anyway.
#6 (permalink) Old 01-24-2008, 11:10 AM

I initially wanted the DC only because I couldn't get the CM in a V6. When I saw the rear sliding window on the CM, that was it, I had to have it. I can't even begin to tell you how much I appreciate all the room in this truck. I'm 6'6", and with my drivers seat in a comfortable position, I had a 6'4" friend sit directly behind me, who was able to do so quite comfortably. I am very glad I chose the CM. The bed size wasn't an issue for me, since I didn't really even NEED truck to begin with. But I'm sure one day I'll be glad I have a bed, for something is bound to come up.

'08 Tundra Texas Edition Crewmax 5.7 4x2 Desert Sand Mica
Kenwood DNX710EX DVD/NAV w/Bluetooth & Backup Camera
Advent 10" DVD Player
Debadged
Readylift 2.5" leveling kit
Xtreme Bedliner
Aries Bull Bar
Carriage Works Billet Grille
http://bkgmail.com/img_1321.jpg
#7 (permalink) Old 01-24-2008, 11:53 AM

went with the cm, dont use the bed as much as i used too so the shortbed is fine, but i gots a shiatload of interior room, and the backwindow that slides rigggghhhhhhht open
#8 (permalink) Old 01-24-2008, 12:27 PM

I have the DC and it works great for me. I needed the bigger bed to load my ATV in. I have had 3 adults in the rear seat and it worked pretty good. 3 were a bit cramped but 2 fit really nice. I just didn't need all that room inside the cab. I have the under seat storage box for the DC that you can't get in the CM and a narrow tool box in the bed. So I have tons of extra storage and can still get my atv in the bed. My 1.5 cents because I don't have the full 2 cents.
#9 (permalink) Old 01-24-2008, 01:19 PM

Love my crewmax for the interior room. At first i was worried about the shorter bed, but i work around it. If im hauling something long, just drop the tailgate down and strap everything tight. Other than that everything else fits nicely. I like the looks of the crewmax also.

That's my 2 cents, need change back please.
#10 (permalink) Old 01-24-2008, 01:40 PM

I have a CM with sunroof and chose the CM over the DC because of interior room. I have 3 boys and there is plenty of room for them and all their gear. I don't haul that much so the bed being shorter is not that important but towing is. I am only 6' but my brother in law is 6'5 and he drives my truck all the time. No head clearance problems at all and that is with a sunroof. Regardless of what you choose, people will stop you and ask to see inside. AWESOME!
#11 (permalink) Old 01-24-2008, 01:47 PM

I personally think the DC looks alot better as well as having a larger bed. I have had a friend who is around 6' 4-5", Im 6', sit behind me when I was driving and he was comfortable. I originally wanted the CM because I like having 4 doors and wanted the interior space. and even a little more as I wascoming from a 05 4runner. The DC is deffinately wider than the 4runner and rear seat room is comparable. If you ust want the CM for the sunroof and rear window, I would say DC for sure.

Its hard to say in a few years which will have better resale. I would normally say the CM but the DC has 4 full doors, no previous tundra has. But the DC has plenty of room and a bigger bed, and even prob a little bit better fuel economy, As well as it looks better. The DC is a truck that has plenty of interior room for 4 even 5 full sized adults and it has a fully useable bed.

I say DC but thats just me.

2008 Double Cab 5.7 TRD Black on Black
-Katskinz leather
-Tint
-K&N drop in w/ carbon delete

My Moms ride
2008 Sequoia Limited Black 5.7
-same tint as the Tundra
#12 (permalink) Old 01-24-2008, 02:00 PM

You just can't beat the CM for the interior room. The amount of space in the back seat is rediculous. The biggest drawback is the short bed, but if you don't have to haul much, it won't make any difference...whichever way you go, you'll end up with a hell of a truck...

2007 Tundra Crewmax SR5
5.7 V8
Remote Start
Tow Mirrors
Bed Rug
TRD Dual Exhaust
Upgraded Speakers
#13 (permalink) Old 01-24-2008, 02:23 PM
Premium Member

Took me a while before I made a decision...DC won over CM for me..I went for the bed size and DC has enough room in back seat anyways...

2008 Toyota Tundra DC with TRD Off-Road Package..Desert Sand Mica...
Mods:Viper 5500 Remote Start, HyperTech, URD MAF Calibrator , Unichip RS Speed w/ 5-Custom Maps, Volant CAI, TRD Sway Bar, Auburn LSD, Sport Corsa Exhaust System, OBX Long Tube Headers w/ URD Y-pipe and many more,..

2006 Nissan Pathfinder
2011 BMW K1300S
2009 HD Vrod Night Rod Special
#14 (permalink) Old 01-24-2008, 03:07 PM

The wife and I did not decide on the CM until we were at the dealership. Originally we were going to go with the DC because local prices were in the
30's for the DC and mid to high 30's for the CM. I just could not see the 5K for the CM. We have three small children; 2, 4, 6, and the DC did have enough room when we test drove it. Now, long story short, go out of town and decide to take a look at a larger dealership with a bit of competition and the CM was cheaper then the DC was locally. We loaded the kids up in the CM and it just made sense. A lot more room, rear vents, sliding window, power outlet for DVD or games... no brainer. The larger dealership got us into a CM for 2K less then then the local dealer wanted for the DC. Plus as the kids get older they will need the room.

Eric
#15 (permalink) Old 01-24-2008, 04:22 PM

I chose the CM with sunroof option. Absolutely love it. The only real reason to choose the DC to me would be the bed length and possibly a small difference in price. However, bed length was not a big deal to me. I just needed enough space to throw in some tree stands and the occassional deer. Any significant hauling, I use a utility trailer - i.e. mulch, etc. The interior space is huge. I believe there is a full 10 inch difference in the rear seat area with the CM. I also have the sunroof and I wouldn't have bought it without it. When you open the roof along with the side windows and put down the rear power window, you're completely wide open. Real nice on those warm summer nights. I'm 6'1" and I have no problems with headroom whatsoever. As to possible resale, I think both models will do well. It's really all about what you want your truck for. For me, I tow and I have several "full size" buddies I hunt with and they appreciate the extra space in the back.

TundraTalk.net - Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum > Tundra Discussion > Tundra General Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TundraTalk.net - Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.