Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

Brakes .. Opinions

7K views 16 replies 13 participants last post by  socal57chevy 
#1 ·
Stock brakes on a 2012 CM with 20's (50k on the odo). Should I replace with standard pads, upgrade to nicer pads .. or convert to even nicer pads, rotors and calipers with braided or SS lines?

What say you?

#9 ·
I've been looking at Stoptech stuff too - hence this thread.

Thanks for your opinions. It seems the overwhelming opinion is to stay stock, which I have no issues with. Maybe when I have 'throw away money', I'll upgrade for the looks.

I'll look into the Centric rotors as well.

#12 ·
There is a local non dealership toyota only repair shop that i take my wife's 4rnner to. I called recently for a brake & rotor job -$900! I asked what brand parts they would use. Said OEM pads and some brand of rotors that i didn't recognize. Said Toyota rotors were too expensive and not that good. After having to have the fronts replaced on that vehicle at 40k due to warpage, I can agree with that.

#13 ·
For whatever its worth I went Centric Premium rotors and have been very pleased.

Had better luck with the OEM pads however than anything aftermarket.

Wife has EBC Greenstuff pads on her 4 Runner, they are damn nice.

#14 ·
Centric Premium rotors all the way.

The TRD brake pads that you can find on catalogs...are they replacements for the BBK or for our stock calipers?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.