Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

Lost my keys

25K views 196 replies 44 participants last post by  BOBONTUESDAY 
#1 ·
So I lost my keys mowing this 40 acre property 100 miles from home. Right when I realized I lost them a huge storm hit. What are the chances the chip in the key will make it through the rain?

#3 ·
Sounds like as good a chance as you stand finding them. :dunno:

Reactions: Powertechn2
#5 ·
Somewhere in the world as we speak there is a crow retrieving a set of keys.

Reactions: Johnny 5
#6 ·
Keys should be fine. I lost a set of my car keys while plowing one winter with my ATV. Found them in the spring while raking the gravel off the lawn. Were outside for probably 2 months through rain snow and ice...fob and chip key were fine. Finding them in a 40 acre field in growing grass won't be easy :nerd:

#15 ·
I went swimming in the gulf of mexico with mu tundra keys in my pocket. No issues with them.

When I changed the battery, I realized it's sealed with an oring.

Reactions: wiscdave
#16 ·
Think his phone died, poor guy is fukked. He should have posted the grid coordinates in his first post so someone can save him.

#21 ·
He is dead. A wild boar got him. Shame i know, but he didnt suffer after he died. But up to that point it was gruesome and painful.

Ill post the paypal donation address tomorrow. He had no family aside from an iguana that wasnt friendly anyhow.

At 11:11 tomorrow bow your heads for our former tundra owner. Btw i have a tundra for sale, i just cant find the key yet. More to follow on that one. Mods should i start another thread for that?

#27 ·

#28 ·
remember that time he thought about using his cover when half open, he sure was something else...

Has anyone tried using this cover half open? Also when you guys says it covers up to the back headrest is that the little headset in the middle or the two larger ones on the side.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.