Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

Goodbye plastic oil filter housing!

27K views 28 replies 20 participants last post by  tridacna 
#1 ·
Just got my new metal housing and no slip tool in... Oil change due in about 500 miles, can't wait to remove that plastic piece of crap for the last time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

See less See more
#3 ·
Genuine Toyota 15620-31060 Oil Filter Cap Assembly

This fit my 2015 5.7. I think it will fit most years of Tundra 07 - 16, you will need to use the tube in the middle of your plastic one in place of the tube that comes with your new cap assembly.

#4 ·
Toyota charged me and arm and a leg to have that piece replaced.

Reactions: Mr. Creosote
#7 ·
I have this setup on my '14 5.7L. Definitely more durable, and the tool works great. Can't understand why this filter cap is standard on a Venza, and not a tundra. The install is simple. Just transfer the perforated filter support from the plastic cap to the aluminum cap, and reuse the original drain cap.

#13 ·
Everytime someone mentions the Fumoto Valve,the "what if" questions come:clap: I can only tell ya,I've had Fumoto's valves on all my vehicles since '93 and no issues, failures or leaks, thus far.Pull 'em up on the Web and research what they're about.They've come up with a new model that pivots side to side to 'point the flow' better,plus they offer a 'clip' that prevents accidental openings.If you look how these things are designed and installed,you'd have a tough time seeing how they'd get damaged.We have 3 vehicles right now with Fumoto Valves on 'em,if I buy 3 more vehicles,I'll buy 3 more valves!:D

#25 ·
I did break my fins. Had to use my huge Channelloks to get it off. Repl with al. My truck was 5 yrs old when I bought it from previous owner who had all maintenance done at dealership. Either they run the cap up there too tight or they had never taken it off. Irrelevant now as I do my own oil changes.

#17 ·
Thanks @cmb. Yeah I snapped one fin during the last oil change and that was it for me. I think I'll order the fumoto valve, clip, and tube off amazon. All three "recommended" parts were under $40. With that and the metal filter housing, oil change headaches will be a thing of the past.

Can't forget the monster hole I need to finish out in my skid plate for filter access, THAT will make a huge difference!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#19 ·
That "no slip" tool isn't that great IMO. I bought the assenmacher after cursing out the ASR no slip, and if anyone in central florida wants the ASR one, it's theirs. No shipping though.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.