Best Resale Value in 5 years TRD Pro vs Platinum vs 1794 - Page 2 - TundraTalk.net - Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #16 of 46 (permalink) Old 02-08-2016, 08:41 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dforlenza View Post
...and a 1794 that was used as a rental car for 2 years, was than registered in FL...
LMAO, when's the last time you rented a vehicle? I can promise you that there are ZERO (yes Zero) 1794 Edition V8 Tundras that get 12MPG at any rental companies.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 46 (permalink) Old 02-08-2016, 08:46 AM

The Platinum will have the best/easiest resale. The Pro and 1794 are going to have a limited audience. While they are both equally nice/expensive (I own a 1794) not everyone likes the interiors. The Platinum suits many more people.
post #18 of 46 (permalink) Old 02-08-2016, 09:07 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 75 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokahpolice View Post
Quote:
...and a 1794 that was used as a rental car for 2 years, was than registered in FL...
LMAO, when's the last time you rented a vehicle? I can promise you that there are ZERO (yes Zero) 1794 Edition V8 Tundras that get 12MPG at any rental companies.
I have rented cars from top level pick up trucks, to porsche. You can rent an S63 amg or a Farrari. Just because ypur local airport dosnt offer it for rent does not mean some one else won't.

It could also be dealer owned os a loaner car. My local dealers used top trim cars as loaners, because they want you to say "wow this one is really nice, i want to trade".

post #19 of 46 (permalink) Old 02-08-2016, 09:48 AM
SP
Premium Member

Thanked 4,243 Times in 2,187 Posts
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 372 Post(s)
Garage
Just wondering why anyone would care about the resale from the Pro or the 1794 ? I'm not being rude or anything.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2014 CM 5.7L 1794 edition
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Front tint*OEM look alike Brushed steps*GENSSI® ELITE G7 H4 Led's*morimoto LED fogs(excellent)*interior canbus LED's*Husky Floor Liners*Trd Pro grill and color matched front end*TRD sway bar*LowPro Rollup Tonneau cover*20 inch Black Rhino black wheels*Sotck nit size terra graplers*Bully Dog tuner AWESOME*
post #20 of 46 (permalink) Old 02-08-2016, 10:18 AM

Quote:
I have rented cars from top level pick up trucks, to porsche. You can rent an S63 amg or a Farrari. Just because ypur local airport dosnt offer it for rent does not mean some one else won't.

It could also be dealer owned os a loaner car. My local dealers used top trim cars as loaners, because they want you to say "wow this one is really nice, i want to trade".
I'm an Executive Elite status with National and rent 4-5 days a month around the entire country. I'll stand by my statement. There are ZERO 1794 Edition Tundras for rent.

Next time you spot one take a pic. Send me your unicorn pics too please.
The Following User Says Thank You to Pokahpolice For This Useful Post:
SP (02-08-2016)
post #21 of 46 (permalink) Old 02-08-2016, 12:20 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 75 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
I'm an Executive Elite status with National and rent 4-5 days a month around the entire country. I'll stand by my statement. There are ZERO 1794 Edition Tundras for rent.

Next time you spot one take a pic. Send me your unicorn pics too please.
My point was.. That you can find a used TRD Pro in better condition than some platinums or 1794 Tundras. Saying that 1 will have better resale than the other is a fallacy. resale is effected by many things like service history, amount of owners, modifications done, how clean it is, color, demand. I still stand by that as well. I would rather buy a stock, 1 owner trd pro with full service records than a platinum or 1794 that has had multiple owners, no service history, or has been modified.

This thread was about how much different resale value will be between a white CM 4x4 Tundra in TRD Pro, Platinum, or 1794 trim. The difference in resale value will be directly tied to msrp. If all other things are equal, the more expensive truck will be worth more used. That does not mean you should spend extra money on a more expensive truck. using made up numbers for simplicity; if you get 50% of msrp after 10 years, and your choice is 40K for a TRD Pro or 50K for a 1794. you would get 20K for the TRD Pro, and 25K for the 1794. Spending the extra 10K upfront does not justify only getting 5K more at the end. You still Lose an extra 5K of your money. This is of course if the buyer is buying just for resale, and does not actually want / need the 1794.

There is no need to get butt hurt over who rents what kind of car how often... That is just silly. IMHO buying solely for resale value is silly. If protecting your money is the most important part of buying a car, don't buy a car. or buy the cheapest one you can find and do something else with your money.

for the OP I still sand by my advise to buy which ever trim level you want the most. The difference in trim level on the same 4x4 CM Tundra will have 0 effect on how much of your money you get back. If you want to preserve the value of the truck take care of it, and keep it stock. Keep up on all the regular maintenance, and keep records of it. you will get more money back from any Tundra than you would a comparable ford, GM, Dodge, or Nissan.

2014 SR Work Truck Package Double Cab 4x4 4.6L Magnetic Grey Tundra.
Official tri-state club member #48

Last edited by dforlenza; 02-08-2016 at 12:22 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to dforlenza For This Useful Post:
Riley5781 (02-11-2016)
post #22 of 46 (permalink) Old 02-08-2016, 01:11 PM

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quoted: 203 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DBL TAP View Post
No crystal balls here, but with a question like that, any response in favor of one over another will start a hate war between the respective owners. Ever visited the Ford forums? The V8 guys constantly war against the Ecoboost guys and vice versa. So the best reply to your question is simply to say "it's a Toyota," and Toyotas hold a stronger resale value vs. the big 3.
I am in agreement with DBL TAP. On a personal note I would not look for a used TRD PRO just based on how I would think someone might treat that truck as a purpose build off road thrasher. But I love the looks of the TRD PRO so my Platinum looks a lot like one.

2015 Platinum Crewmax Superwhite 4x4 FFV;TRD Supercharger;TRD 2014 Fit Kit;Unichip Piggy Back ECU;TRD Dual Exhaust; Sequoia Front Sway bar,TRD Rear Sway Bar;TRD Skid Plate; TRD Pro Grill, 040 White Mirror Covers; 040 White Door Handles; ReadyLIFT 3"/2";Anzo LED 3rd Brake Light;8 - LED Rock Lights, Winjet LED Tail lights, LED Fog Lights, axle vent mod, SDHQ Hidden Winch Mount & 12000lb winch, Storm Trooper shift knob.
The Following User Says Thank You to Vector W8 For This Useful Post:
DBL TAP (02-08-2016)
post #23 of 46 (permalink) Old 02-08-2016, 01:27 PM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 81 Post(s)
All the 'upgrades' can be taken from the three models and be put on any trim (except the sunroof) and last time I checked upgrade's depreciation is way higher than a stock truck is.

I go w/ a Platinum to hold way more than the rest.

MaxTrac Spindles w/ +3 Coachbuilder Shackles on 35's
post #24 of 46 (permalink) Old 02-08-2016, 01:37 PM

Quote:
There is no need to get butt hurt over who rents what kind of car how often... That is just silly.
Your comparison is silly and you're the one in a tissy because I pointed it out, not me. Obviously a beat up piece of $hit is worth less than a well kept Tundra.

The question was, if all things were equal, which would have a better resale value? You're simply telling us that a naturally beautiful big breasted virgin is more attractive than a crack whore who took a shower.
post #25 of 46 (permalink) Old 02-08-2016, 01:40 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 93 Post(s)
I trip on the fact that people look for dealer Carfax service records as to how well the truck is maintained. I know not all dealers are bad but after reading quite a few threads about horror stories of what the dealer does to skimp or not perform the maintenance correctly, basically half assing it. Personally if I can help it, I will never take my truck to the dealer for maintenance. Hence I will have no service records other then some oil receipts and part receipts from what I have done to the truck and then there is no proof that I actually perform these tasks. Unless I make a photo collage of everything I've done LOL. But I do write everything down in the logbook. Although when I've traded in vehicles in the past and tried to give the dealer the receipts and maintenance log, they don't even want it.
post #26 of 46 (permalink) Old 02-08-2016, 02:12 PM
Premium Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 152 Post(s)
Quote:

Porsche*
Ferrari*
Your*
Doesn't*
as*
to*

2014 5.7L 4x4 DC
Lifted Tundra Club (LTC) Member #59
Arizona Tundra Club #114

6" ProComp Stage II|20" LRG Rims|35x12.5x20 Toyo Open Country RT|TRD Pro grill|Bushwacker Pocket style fender flares|Mini D2S retrofit w/Panamera shrouds|SPOD|CREE LED light bars|Rigid D2 fogs| Flowmaster american outlaw

post #27 of 46 (permalink) Old 02-08-2016, 05:50 PM

Quoted: 53 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by LightningBoy View Post
She raised the point of what has best resale value if a worst case scenario happens in future
Your "worst case scenario" would be if Killery Clinton becomes prez and your 5.7 becomes a 2.7 with $5+ gas.

2016 TRD Pro Crew Max

"A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

Last edited by DBL TAP; 02-08-2016 at 06:48 PM.
post #28 of 46 (permalink) Old 02-08-2016, 08:57 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Difference will be negligible. Just get the truck that you want now. I'd personally get the pro. I think they look the best and perform the best.
post #29 of 46 (permalink) Old 02-08-2016, 10:06 PM

Quoted: 33 Post(s)
IMHO,

The TRD PRO will command a higher resale price compared to original MSRP... HOWEVER, it will most likely be easier to find an actual buyer for a Platinum/1794 vs. waiting for someone to come along who wants the Pro.

2008 Toyota Tundra SR5 DC 4x2 5.7 Tow Pkg
Super White/Black "Dog Hair Magnet" Cloth

SAP Resin Bumper Swap, 2010 Sport Grill Conversion, Rostra Backup Camera, Homelink/Autodim, 5100 Front/ OME Rear Shocks, TRD 18's, BHLM, DDM H1 Projector Retrofit, DDM HID Lows, Venza Oil Filter Housing, Michelin LTX M/S2 255/70/18, Motor Trend Dog Hammock
post #30 of 46 (permalink) Old 02-09-2016, 11:48 PM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Quote:
The Platinum will have the best/easiest resale. The Pro and 1794 are going to have a limited audience. While they are both equally nice/expensive (I own a 1794) not everyone likes the interiors. The Platinum suits many more people.
Me personally, I didn't like the 1794 Interior. It's nice, yes, but idk...i saw the seats tearing up in the near future. Ended up with a Platinum.

2015 Crewmax Platinum 4x4
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

TundraTalk.net - Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum > Tundra Discussion > Tundra General Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TundraTalk.net - Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.