Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

Snug top or leer on a crewmax

14K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  gosolo 
#1 ·
I'm shopping a snug top rebel vs leer 100xr. Local shop recommends rebel because of the front window mechanism. They also have a barely used rebel in on consignment with Yakima rack already installed for half off of new price.

Any of you have experience with one or both of these models? Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Cheers

#7 · (Edited)
I have a 100xr on my crewmax. No complaints other than the MGM color doesn't match 100% in certain lighting conditions. It's close enough that I can deal with it. It's my 3rd 100xr. Had one on my '13 double cab (currently for sale in classifieds). Also had one on my Taco.

Unfortunately there aren't any snugtop dealers around here otherwise I'd probably buy one.

I've had the removable front slider on all of them to allow cleaning of the glass. Added the yakima tracks myself on all of them. leer wanted another $200 something to add the tracks. Bought them off amazon for $104 and installed them myself in about an hour. Not much to it.

#8 ·
have had good experience with Snugtop

This is my first full size of three side opening Snugtops. I have had no problems or failures of any kind. Some people have expressed dislike of the current design with the edge of the topper hanging down past the bed like a "skirt" or drip edge. This doesn't bother me.

Have not had experience with ARE or LEER but researched them all extensively each time I prepared to make the purchase. As delta slayer said, leaking and latching seem to be recurring problems in them both.

Good luck with your purchase. I believe the deal you have found on the used cap will prove to be a good one.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.