Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

Rust on spindles Normal?

977 views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  Fjtoyman 
#1 ·
My buddy was looking at my wheels after I parked my truck when I pulled in and he just happened to notice so color behind my wheel and pointed it out to me. So I looked and it looks like rust on my factory spindles? Is that right? It's a 2014 with 7500 miles, I live in south GA, so we don't see salt on the roads, the truck hasn't forged any water.

I haven't crawled under the rest of the truck to look, but it's on both the driver side and passenger side spindles...how does everyone else's look?

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
With metals, rust is inevitable, even for high grade stainless steel (though at much slower pace). I've seen rust on new cars on dealers' lots.

Reactions: sundance
#7 ·
I spray once a year with rustolium semi gloss. It's works great. There are always thousands areas that don't have much factory pain one them. If you keep on top of the rust your undercarriage will looks great for many many years.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.