Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

Traction Control Question 2014 Tundra

2K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  sundance 
#1 ·
I was wondering is there any way to turn the Traction control off on my 14 Tundra crew max Trd,,Every once in a while I get a wild hair and try to spin the tires ....lol

#4 ·
I agree with that!!!...

Then, when you do have everything off, you can still only peel rubber with both tires for a short distance, then it goes to only the right tire. At least that's how I found it to be...

Others claim differently, but my '14 won't do otherwise...

Ask a dealer and you might as well waste time at something more important--they don't know...

Good-luck...BCB

#5 ·
press the trac controll button... let go, press again and hold for like 3 seconds... let go, do the same thing press and hold... your screen on the gauge cluster will say "trac control off"... turn on your tow haul and have fun!

#6 ·
Yep, and it will still only spin both rear tires for a short distance, then then the left one quits spinning and the right one continues.

IT WILL NOT SPIN BOTH REAR TIRES FOR ANY GREAT DISTANCE AT ALL--MOSTLY NO FARTHER THAN 25 FEET--AT THE MOST...

Good-luck...BCB

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.