Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

Latest additions to my 2014 SR5 TRD ..

7K views 35 replies 18 participants last post by  SP 
#1 ·
Earlier this year I made the decision to go with a bigger tire from the stock 275/65R18 and found a hell of a price on the Cooper S/T Maxx in 295/70R18s. I also wanted to be able to swap wheel/tires for the winter time as it can get pretty crappy here in the Northeast. I was set to get them through my brothers tire guy, but when I went to pull the trigger, backordered. I found them in stock at Tread Depot for about the same price, and pulled the trigger. Granted I had to pay ~$100 in shipping costs, but I was able to get the tires I wanted.

I mounted the tires to my Raceline Assault wheels about a month ago and installed them the following day. I also installed/wired Platinum power folding mirrors on my SR5 and installed Morimoto XB LED Fog lights. I also sprayed some mirror caps to color match this weekend, but have yet to install those (this coming weekend, need to wet sand/buff them yet).

I also just did my spring cleaning on the truck which involved wash/clay bar/buff/seal/wax over the course of two days this past weekend. Anyways, thought I'd share some recent pics of my ride with the latest updates. Enjoy and opinions welcome!

XB LED Output (much better than stock):

Detail pics with new tires!

Look at that reflection!

See less See more
#10 ·
Tastefully done, i may have just found my long lost twin. I've been debating to black out the headlights but after seeing on blue, i might just go ahead and do it. Thanks for the inspiration!

Reactions: roboots21
#11 ·
I'm running the same tires and I got them through tread depot as well. I think the price was reasonable compared to similar tires. I'm very happy with them so far. Great aggressive look with a deep lug but not too loud on the road. I have noticed a slight loss in acceleration feel and handling but nothing over the top. Great looking truck!

#12 ·
I agree with you. They were a great price and the loss in acceleration and handling was noticeable .. But minimal. I am super happy with the tires and the fact that they are pretty quiet for an aggressive tire. Thanks for the compliments!

Reactions: morser77
#13 ·
Leveling kit roboots?

#16 ·
No I just put the inserts right in, it was pretty simple. As for the fogs, normally they are $160, we had a group buy last year for $120, and they're are still some left in closeouts of thereteofitsource for $70 (which I have read good things about).

#18 ·
Truck looks awesome! Wasn't a fan of that color when I first saw it while shopping trucks but after seeing yours and some others I'm kinda wishing I'd gone that route over black.

Couple questions, where did you get your insert on tailgate?
Where did you buy the platinum mirrors?
Those tires are installed with no level kit or lift? Wheel offset?

Sorry, guess that was more than a couple

#19 · (Edited)
I purchased the tailgate insert on eBay last year, and I can't remember exactly where it was I got it from. I'll see if I can find it.

I purchased the platinum mirrors for a steal from a member here on the forums.

And the tires are installed with a 3" lift/level kit. Wheel offset is +25.

#20 ·
Looks awesome, great reflection pics. How do you like the Dyno max setup, is it dumped

#21 ·
Thanks! I'm very pleased with it especially for the cost. It is dumped after the rest axle. I chopped the stock tail proper pipe right after the last hanger .. No drone!

#22 ·
Cool, going to dump mine at same spot.

#26 ·
looks great man.

#29 ·
AutomotiveTouchUp.com .. ordered a can of paint and a can of clearcoat. I bought a set that were already painted as it made painting them simpler than bare plastic.

#30 ·
Dat blue tho!

She's lookin real nice my friend!

#31 ·
Looks good. I ordered paint from them too. The colors are spot on. I did my door handles and engine cover on my 08.

#33 ·
My door handles did not hold up that well. I used the adhesion promoter and then the primer then paint then clear too. They were pretty faded before.

Let us know how your hold up. Did your mirror caps pop right off? I'm afraid to pry mine off. Do you have any tips for not breaking clips?

Hey that rhymes ,haha

#35 ·
Mine have been on almost a year now and still look great. I'll snap some pics next chance I get. As for the mirror caps. You have to adjust your mirror glass all the way down and when you look inside you can see two clips for the top of the mirror cap. Get a large, long flat-blade screwdriver and push down and out on them. Back and forth between the two clips, and the mirror cap will pop out. That's how I've done mine, and no clips broken on the few if removed/installed.

Wow I love your truck! Blue looks great with black!
Thank you sir! I wasn't sure how it would come out, but in the end I am nothing short of happy!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.