Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

What to do with BA resontaor?

3K views 23 replies 14 participants last post by  Lando13 
#1 ·
So I installed my BA muffler and just loved the sound without even installing the resonator. I also pull a travel trailer so I was waiting until my first tow to see how the exhaust would sound under a more continuous heavy load without said resonator. Well the verdict is it sounds bad ass! Hence the name BA muffler I suppose...now what to do with the resonator? I was thinking I could make a bong out of it? Any other creative suggestions? >:D

#13 ·
Well I take this back. After reading more on here that it cleans up the sound, my wife driving by me and sounding kind of poppy and a little raspy and a coworker telling me the same. I put the resonator on last night and gotta say I love the sound even more. Sound cleaner and throatier. Did kill the interior noise by about half which is ok because it sounds so good outside.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#7 ·
Putting it on will refine the sound and clear up any raspiness it has...unless you like it raspy then more power to ya. Win win either way.

Reactions: Mr. Creosote
#8 ·
a good big straw in a keg of beer

#9 ·
I may be a little biased...but I still think a bong is the best suggestion mentioned yet.

#10 ·
ill pay for shipping for it if you want to donate it.

#11 ·
Leave it in your access cab or back seat and use it as weapon.

If you whack someone with it and the lawyers get down on ya. You could always say you had plan on installing it but had to use it to whack someone first. ;-)

#19 ·
I want to do it now I think. I just really like throaty, hardcore kinda sound.. From time to time in the cab the sound can get to me

Keep on keepin on..

#20 ·
You'll still hear it.

The Helmholtz just kills and 1.5K to 2.5K RPM highway drone you might be having.
I've got a lot of sound deadening but I can still hear my 7 inch with a resonator with the radio turned down..
But it is much louder outside than inside....

#21 ·
I do get that sometimes but it's not obnoxious.. I've been up in the air about it for 6 months

Keep on keepin on..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.