Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

transmission cooler gauge 2015 tundra

5K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  dragonryder 
#1 ·
I'm sure this has been asked before but does the 2014-15 tundras not have a gauge for the transmission temp like the gen 2's?

#3 ·
There's no gauge in mine but mine is a SR. Not sure about the higher trim packages. I wish I had one since I do a lot of towing.

#4 ·
The gauge (in previous models) is not great anyway since you don't see an actual temperature. When I tow I just plug in a Bluetooth dongle and monitor the exact transmission temp on the Android Torque app. With that said though, Toyota got it right with the tow package and, at least for me, the temperature has never been even close to an issue.

#8 ·
Its a port under the dash, right below the steering wheel. It is a female plug end that connects to your vehicles computer. It is the same plug that you would connect a diagnostic (code) reader or that the mechanic plugs into to do emissions if you happen to live in one of our counties that require emissions along with the inspections.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.