Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

Bed Rail Tie downs - Storage

2K views 12 replies 10 participants last post by  Maalox 
#1 ·
Question for the group regarding storage of the bed rail tie downs.

My tie downs are still in the package in my garage and I am wondering if leaving them in the rails on the truck is a viable option. I know most folks are honest, but wondered if anyone had any problem with theft of these items?

Happy Thanksgiving !

See less See more
#4 ·
I don't think you can get them out with the tailgate up. Keep the gate locked and no one can steal them if you're concerned
I did not know this. I have had mine in the package because I assumed they could be stolen easily. Now I feel like an idiot. I guess I'll go out and put them on. I usually lock my tailgate as they have been known to be stolen in certain parts of the city around here.

#9 ·
Went out and installed the tie downs. I was able to install them without dropping the tailgate. I installed two on the front rail and one on each side rail. I took a few pics so you can see the amount of space between the end of the rail and the tailgate. If someone wanted these and knew how to remove them they could have them all four of them off in less than two minutes.

#12 ·
I never got them with my Crewmax since I bought it used. No need for them anyways since my tonneau cover mounts to the rails.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.